Game Introduction – Tetris Stars
Tetris Stars is a puzzle game released on Facebook that combines the quick action of the original game with some new features and social interaction. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, we’ll have all the tips, trick and gameplay strategies you need to stomp your friends’ scores!
Quick Start Guide
- To start playing Tetris Stars on Facebook, click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page. This will take you to Facebook where you will need to allow the game to access your Facebook profile before playing.
- Before installing, go over the permissions the game requires to make sure that you are aware of the game’s requirements.
- Loading Tetris Stars for the first time will take you to an in-game tutorial that shows you how to play. Let’s go over some of the steps in this tutorial to make sure you understand exactly how to play.
- Click in the game area where the text reads “Click Here to Start” to start playing the game.
- Before you start playing, you can also adjust options in the top left corner of the screen. Using these controls, you can choose to turn on the sound and music, or choose to play in full screen mode (which can improve your gameplay when you’re not distracted).
How to Play
- To play the game, you will need to click where you wish to place a piece. The board will automatically show different places where you can put each piece, so you just need to choose which of these choices you wish to make.
- Click to place a piece, and the next one will then pop out ready for you to place.
- Choosing where to place the piece should revolve around which will fill up the area and cause the blocks to disappear (also known as a “tetris”.) It’s a lot easier to understand if you played the original game, as Tetris Stars has the same basic concept.
- Powerups are a new addition in Tetris Stars, and will make the game a bit more interesting to veteran players of the original. Let’s go over how some of these power-ups work.
- The lightning power-up will allow a rock to fall making it take out several blocks on the way down. The Star power-up will give you extra time to take out more blocks in the game you’re playing.
- Another power-up just involves that you reach a certain depth of the board, and will give you an extra bonus that may even wipe the entire board of all blocks!
- If you continue to chain combinations, you could earn a very generous amount of points, and time bonuses. This may require extra practice, but can be easily mastered once you get things down.
- As the time runs out in each game, you will be given a “last stand” which places one last block in each available concrete hole. This will make your current stack of blocks to fall, and could give you a point bonus. If this last stand manages to collect a star, your time will be extended giving you a last chance to earn more points.
- At the end of each game (usually after a minute of playing time), you will receive a results screen showing how you did. You will receive a player rating from A+ to F, your score, and the amount of coins and stars you earned. You can also see the power-ups you used and how they affected your game.
- If you had an awesome score, you can even share it with your friends by clicking on the “Share & Continue” button.
Daily Scratch Card & Coins
- Every day, you will be given the opportunity to win some extra coins simply by logging on and scratching a block card. Come back everyday to maximize your rewards.
- When you see the pop-up screen, simply click on any of the three blocks shown to collect your daily reward. If you are unsatisfied with the reward you won, you can spend Facebook credits to buy the other rewards.
- Note: Facebook credits can only be acquired through purchasing them. Make sure you’re careful when spending them.
- Before you start a game (after the tutorial), you can spend these coins on power-ups that you have unlocked (more power-ups unlock as you level-up). Click on any of the power-ups you wish to use, and then on the Play button to spend one energy and start playing.
- Energy is earned either by waiting for it to recharge, or by spending Facebook credits.
- Along with the normal gameplay, you can complete missions in Tetris Stars to earn extra coins that you can use for power-ups.
- The first mission you will receive is the Double Up! mission that asks you to “Perform 3 Double Line Clears in one game.” Put simply, clear 2 lines at once three times in one game.
- When you complete a mission, you will receive a popup at the end of the game. You can then choose to share or simply collect your bonus. Another mission will then automatically be assigned to you for next time.
- One of the more addictive aspects of Tetris Stars is that it has a leaderboard in which you can compete with your Facebook friends to see who can rack up the highest score.
- You can access this leaderboard at the end of every game, or on the home screen at the right side of the screen. You and your friends are placed in order of rank. You can increase your rank by adding additional power-ups, and doing your best while playing.
- The leaderboards are not permanent, and will reset every few days, giving you even more chances to get to the top ahead of your friends.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Tetris Stars on Facebook. Now that you know the gameplay basics, you’ll be on the top of the leaderboards in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews and more.