Game Introduction – Dream PetHouse
Dream Pethouse is a pet simulation game from Zynga for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Given a giant tree with plenty of room to build with, you’ll need to create a living ecosystem for your pets to live in and visit each other. Making sure you build your treehouse properly may not always be the easiest task, but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide, we’re confident you’ll find all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you need to build the best pethouse around.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Dream Pethouse you’ll first need to download it by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled Dream Pethouse to start playing.
- Immediately upon loading the game, you will be introduced to Chipper the squirrel who will take you on a bit of a tutorial through the game to make sure you understand the concepts of building your treehouse.
Building Your Pethouse
- The first step you need to take in Dream Pethouse is to build your first house. Tap on the Market icon in the lower right corner of the screen, then on the Pethouse button to be taken to the list of Pethouses available for purchase.
- Tap on the Puppy House to build it now. You will now be taken into placement mode, where you can choose exactly where to place the pethouse by tapping and holding on it, then letting go when you’re satisfied with its placement. When you’re done placing it, tap on the green check to place it down permanently.
- Now that you’ve placed down what is the frame of the pethouse, you will need to hire some chipmunks to the dirty work of finishing the house. Tap on the newly placed frame to be taken to the building options.
- Here, you can spend coins to start building the house. Tap on the Start button to spend a few coins to get the building project going. The chipmunks will then be hard at work constructing this pethouse.
- You can keep repeating that process with hiring new chipmunks as necessary until the pethouse is completely built. It may take some time for the house to be completed once hiring a set, however.
- Once the house is completely built, tap on it to see the new pet that now lives in your tree. Having a pet in your tree will dispurse coins once in a while for you to collect. When you see a pile of coins above a house, tap on it to collect from that house.
- You can build bridges to connect your pets to connect them with each other, so they can interact with one another. Tap on the Market, then on the bridges button to be shown a list of bridges. They all perform the same function, but you can show off your sense of style by purchasing more elaborate bridges if you want.
- After a bridge has been built between two pethouses, pets can begin visiting each other and can even become friends.
Growing Your Pets
- You can grow your pets in Dream Pethouse to complete goals, as well as to increase the amount of coins you can collect from each pet. In order to do this however, you will need to collect fruit.
- All over your tree is fruit to collect (apples, pears etc.) that you can use to make your pets worth more, and have them bring you more coins.
- When you see available fruit to collect, tap on it to collect it. Each fruit you collect could be worth more than meets the eye, so don’t pass up any of them!
- Upgrading your pets only requires that you tap on the pet you wish to feed, then tap on the Feed icon on the pet status screen. You can keep feeding the pet to make it grow as many times as you want, as long as you have enough.
- Keep In Mind: The more the pet grows as you feed it, the more fruit it will require to level up.
- If you’re feeling a little nostalgic, you can view your pets’ growth by tapping on the Album button in the lower left corner of the screen to view pictures of your pet as it grows.
- Goals are available for you to complete if you are looking for new ways to improve upon your tree. The icon labeled “Goals” in the lower right corner of the screen let’s you access them.
- An example of a goal to complete in the game is to “Build a hut pethouse” wherein you will need to build the hut for one of your pets.
- If you tap on the Go button next to the goal itself, it will take you to the Market screen where you can purchase the necessary item or where you can complete the required task.
- After you’ve purchased the hut for this example goal, simply go back to the Goals screen and tap collect to finish the goal and collect the XP and coins you’ve earned by completing it.
- You can also visit friends in Dream Pethouse, and you can do so by connecting to Facebook.
- Tap on the Menu button in the lower left corner of the screen, then on the Friends button to access the social features within.
- If you go to the last tab on the screen, you will see an option to login to Facebook (Doing so will also net you a few nuts that you can use to purchase premium items).
- Once you’ve logged in, this tab will populate with a list of your friends that are currently playing Dream Pethouse. You can then visit their houses and collect coins from their trees. When you’re done visiting, tap on the Home button to go back to your tree.
- If you don’t have any Facebook friends, you can always tap on the Community tab to see a list of other players that you can visit.
You have completed the quick start guide for Dream Pethouse on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Building your own treehouse will be a snap with all of the tips and tricks you’ve learned above! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus news, previews, reviews and more.