Game Introduction – Pocket League Story
Pocket League Story is a sports management simulation game from Kairosoft for the iPhone, Android and iPod Touch. You’ll need to manage your own soccer team and make them into champions. Knowing how to manage your team into a success can prove difficult but with Gamezebo’s quick start guide you’ll have the best team in no time!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Pocket League Story you’ll first need to download it by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished downloading, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled Pocket League Story to start playing.
- After you’ve loaded up the game, tap on the Start button to begin. You will then have to pick a slave slot for your team. Tap on an empty slot to save your game to that spot.
- The next screen will have you assign a name, short name and uniform color for your team. Tap on the arrows to switch uniform colors. When you’re satisfied with everything, tap on the Apply button to continue.
How to Play
- You will now meet the Assistant Coach on your team. She will help direct you to the tasks you need to complete. To keep going through her messages, tap on the window.
- Your team will then arrive so you can meet them. The first member you will meat is the coach. After meeting him, you will be directed to hire some new team members for your team.
- Tap on the Menu button in the bottom right corner, then on Manage Team, and on Hire Players. You’ll then be taken to a list of players that you can hire for your team. The general idea is that the more you pay for a player, the more useful he is for your team. Higher costing players are also more likely to be higher level.
- After you’ve decided on a new player to hire, you’ll be taken to the confirmation screen. On this screen, you can decide where or not you actually want to hire this player, or if you want to try to negotiate with them first.
- When you negotiate, you have a chance of hiring them at a cheaper price than what is listed, so you can try to do that if you want to save some money.
- Now we are ready to try our first match. Go into the Menu again and select Matches and then Cup Match. You can then select to play your first Practice Match.
- Tap on the match, and then select Yes to start the match. On this screen, you may want to keep an eye on the Prize Money. That is how much money you will earn if you win the match.
- After you have selected to play the match, it will be put on the schedule.
- When it becomes time for the match, your team will board the bus and head for the match. On the pre-match screen, you can see who your opposing team is, along with their rank so you can see if you have a chance at a win.
- After the kickoff (which you will have to select), you will then just sit back and watch your team play.
- On any of the kickoffs, you can select Formation to change the formation of your players, while on the Players screen you can substitute your players in and out as you please.
- Tapping in the top right corner allows you to change your team’s offensive strategy. Depending on your players’ skills, you may want to alter their strategy.
- At the end of the game, you will be shown a results screen showing how your team did and what their prize was (if they won). Tap anywhere on the screen to continue.
- You will also see any stat bonuses you can receive for winning (new fans, leveled up players).
Training Your Players
- To keep your players playing at their best, you will need to consistently upgrade their abilities through research and by training your players.
- From the Menu screen, select the Special Practice option to be taken to the training screen. You can tap on any of the three players shown to switch them out with other players if you want.
- You can tap on the Training option to switch what kind of training you would like your players to learn. Provided you have enough research points, you can then tap on Perform to have your players train.
- In order to bring in some extra cash that your team can use to grow, you can bring in some sponsors. Just for allowing their logo or name be involved in the team, they will award you with extra money.
- Tap on the Menu, then on Manage Team and on Sponsors. This will take you to a list of sponsors that you can buy. Any of the listed sponsors you can use provided you have enough fame points.
- Once you’ve selected the sponsor you’d like to use, you’ll have to negotiate with them. If the negotiation is successful, you will earn a certain amount per game.
- Note: You will have to keep up your team’s fame in order to hold on to these sponsors. Sponsors don’t like boring and lifeless teams!
Ending The Game
- After a long while of playing, you will eventually come to the end. Let’s go over what that means for your team.
- First of all, congratulations on getting your team this far! Not all teams are successful enough to make it to the end, but you managed things very well.
- The game ends in the month of March on Year 8. At this point, your high scores are no longer saved, but you can keep playing. Just know that you have essentially beaten the game at this point.
- Lastly, you can start a new game at this point and carry over some of the stats of your previous team. You can then move on to create the next big thing all over again!
- You have completed the quick start guide for Pocket League Story on iPhone, Android and iPod Touch. Your team will now be the best soccer team in the world with the managerial tips given above. For more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more keep checking back with Gamezebo!