Pet City – Game Introduction
Pet City is a virtual pet game on Facebook. Customize your pet and take care of it to earn experience and level up. Earn coins so that you can purchase furniture and décor to create a custom home for your pet. This walkthrough will introduce you to the world of Pet City and provide you with tips so that you can have the best start possible in the game.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
This section will help you navigate your home screen.
- The top toolbar is where you will find your coin balance, pet cash balance, and your level and heart balance.
- On the left side of the screen you will find your tools for caring for your pet, games, your pet storybook, and your toy box.
- The bottom toolbar is where you will find new locations to visit, your storage and closet, gifts to send to friends, your collections, trophies, learning supplies, and a camera for taking screenshots.
- In the bottom right of the screen you will find your house and all the rooms you’ve currently unlocked.
- Below the bottom toolbar is your friends bar. From here you can visit your friends’ pets.
- On either side of the screen there is an arrow. Use this to navigate around the room.
- Coins: Coins are the currency in Pet City. Coins are used to purchase items for your house. You can earn coins by completing quests, caring for your pet, inviting friends to Pet City, and performing various other tasks within the game.
- Pet cash: Pet cash is the premium currency in Pet City. Pet cash can be used to purchase premium content such as special furniture, extra game tickets, and ingredients for meals.
- Hearts: Earning hearts is how your pet will level up. Hearts are earned by performing tasks, completing quests, and caring for you pet.
- Care items: Care items are used to take care of your pet. You will earn new items as you level up. Caring for your pet will earn you coins and hearts.
- Games: There are several mini-games to be played in Pet City. When you first start you will be limited to roller skating but you will unlock new games as you level up.
- Pet storybook: The pet storybook is where all your quests are located. Open the storybook to see which quests are active.
- Toys: Your toy box shows how many toys you have to play with for the day. Toys are used when you visit your friends.
- Meals: You can cook meals for your pet to earn coins and hearts. You will need the ingredients to make the meals though. Ingredients can be found by completing quests, requesting them from friends, or purchasing them with pet cash.
- Shops: There are many shops to visit in Pet City. At the shops you can buy furniture, decorations, wall and floor coverings, and clothing for your pet.
- Storage: Storage is where you will find any items you’ve purchased for your home. You can also store items here.
- Closet: Your closet is where you will find any clothes you’ve purchased for your pet.
- Collections: When performing actions in the game, you will occasionally find unique items that will be added to your collections. When you complete a collection you can turn it in for a reward.
- Trophies: By completing certain tasks multiple times you can earn trophies. You can view your trophies by visiting your trophy room.
- Learning supplies: While playing the game you will collect learning supplies. These can be earned by completing tasks and leveling up. Learning supplies can be traded in for new toys or pet care items.
Creating Your Pet
- When you first begin Pet City you will need to create your pet before you can start playing the game.
- Select the gender of your pet and then customize their look. You can also change the color of your pet.
- You will also need to select a name for your pet. You can come up with one on your own or you can select a randomly generated one.
- Once you are happy with your pet’s appearance and name, click on the save button to accept your pet.
- Once you have done this you will be taken to your pet’s home.
- If you wish to change your pet’s appearance later in the game you can visit the expressions shops and purchase a makeover.
Caring For Your Pet
- Now that you’ve created your pet, it’s time to take care of it.
- To care for your pet, go to the care tab located on the left side of your screen. When you hover over it with your mouse it will open to reveal your current pet care tools.
- Click and drag the tool you wish to use to your pet.
- If you are using the showerhead you can release it on your pet to make it work. If you’ve selected the feather you will need to move it over your pet to make it work.
- Once you have used a tool it will become unavailable for a period of time. This time varies for each tool.
- Once you’ve used all your care tools it’s time to make a meal for your pet.
- Click on the menu in your main room to open up the available meals.
- Early in the game the only meal you will be able to cook is steamed asparagus. As you level up you will find new ingredients that will allow you to make other meals. You can also ask your friends to send you ingredients.
- Choose a meal to make and click the serve button.
- Your pet will take their time eating their meal. The time it will take them is listed in the meal.
- Once your pet has finished eating their meal a bag of coins and hearts will appear on the stool. Click on it to collect your reward.
- Be careful not to wait too long to collect your coins and hearts or they will disappear and you will have to start again.
Customizing Your Pet’s Home
- There are numerous options for customizing your pet’s home in the game.
- When you first begin the game you will only have access to one room of your pet’s house. As you level up you will unlock additional rooms in the house.
- To decorate your home you will need to go shopping. Click on the door icon at the bottom of your screen labeled go out to open up the location menu.
- If you wish to purchase furniture you will want to visit the Furniture Mart. Click on the button to go there.
- Furniture Mart has four levels: Living room, bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen.
- Tip: One of the earliest quests in the game is to decorate the living room. On this quest you will need to purchase items in the furniture department to complete it. Items purchased in other departments that you place in the living room will not count towards completing the quest.
- When in the shop there are arrows on either side of your screen. Use these to scroll through the store.
- When you find an item you wish to purchase, click on it to open the purchase window.
- Some items have multiple colors. If the item you’ve selected can be purchased in a different color, you can choose that color in the purchase window.
- You can also select the quantity of an item you wish to purchase.
- Once you have chosen the item and are happy with its color and quantity, click on the buy button.
- If you have the funds to purchase the item it will be placed in your storage, if you do not have enough funds you will need to earn some more coins and come back later.
- Once you have purchased all the items you would like to, it’s time to return home and decorate your house. Click on the house button located at the bottom of your screen to return home.
- Once you are home, click on the storage button located at the bottom of the screen to open your storage.
- Click on one of your newly purchased items and drag it into your home.
- Once you’ve placed it where you want it you can release your mouse button.
- If you wish to move an item back to storage, open your storage and then click and drag a piece of furniture into the storage bar.
- This is also how you can place items purchased at House Depot in your home.
Dressing Your Pet
- Your pet can purchase clothing by visiting Fashion World.
- Fashion World has two departments. You will enter in the girls department but there is a button to left that will take you to the boys department.
- Select the clothing you wish to purchase. Once purchased it will be automatically added to your closet
- Once you are done shopping, return home and click on the closet icon located at the bottom of your screen. This will take you to your pet’s closet. You can also click on the closet icon from the store screen to go there immediately.
- All of your pets clothes will be displayed in their closet. Select the item you wish to dress them in and drag it to your pet.
- Once your pet is happy with the way they look you can leave your closet by clicking on the closet with an arrow icon at the bottom of the screen.
- There are several mini-games to play in Pet City.
- To access the mini-games, hover your mouse over the game tab located on the left side of your screen. This will open the game menu.
- When you first begin the game you will only have access to roller skating but you can unlock new games as you level up.
- Click on the game you wish to play. This will take you to the game screen.
- Be sure to check your pet storybook to see if there are any game related quests to complete.
- You receive two game tickets each day. Each ticket allows you one game. Once you have used up your tickets you will need to wait for the next day to play again, or purchase additional tickets using pet cash.
- Playing games will earn you coins and hearts.
- You will need coins to succeed in Pet City. Everything costs money and most items are not cheap.
- Earning coins can be difficult early on in the game.
- The best ways to earn coins is by visiting your pet often and caring for it, completing quests, feeding your pet, playing games, and visiting friends.
- If you are desperate for cash you can sell back some of your pets items via their storage and closet.
- You can also purchase coins using pet cash.
Earning Hearts and Leveling Up
- Hearts are earned by completing quests, caring for your pet, visiting friends, playing games and purchasing items.
- The more hearts you earn the faster you will level up.
- Leveling up will unlock new things in the game such as pet care tools, toys, rooms in your house, and various other items.
- Having many friends is crucial to succeeding in Pet City. Visiting friends will earn you coins and hearts that are necessary for progressing in the game.
- To visit a friend click on their picture in your friend bar located at the bottom of your screen. Click on the visit button to go to their house.
- There are several things you can do when you visit a friend. You can interact with them by kissing, high fiving, or poking them; you can clean up garbage you find lying around their house, you can share a snack with them and you can play with a toy with them.
- Doing any of these things will earn you both hearts and coins.
- The more friends you have, the more coins and hearts you will earn.
- Also, if you invite a friend to play the game you will earn 1,000 coins when they join the game. This is a great way for you pet to make some extra coins.
You have completed the quick start guide for Pet City. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.