Game Introduction – Dawn of Magic
Dawn of Magic, developed by Lakoo, is a delightful RPG which takes you on a magical journey. You play as “Jack,” and search for rare magic gems to provide the world with fuel and energy to survive. The gems are the life source of the world and they are quickly running out. The infamous “Evil Beast” wants to stop Jack at all costs. Help Jack as he battles many opponents and fulfills his destiny of saving the world. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Dawn of Magicis a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page or by searching for it in the iTunes store.
- You start out reading a fairly long storyline intro which you must read at the bottom of the screen. The print is very tiny and can be hard to read at times.
- Tap on the dialogue box to move to the next line.
- There is a “Main Menu” icon that is always located at the top right of the game screen. Tap on it to expand the menu and then tap on the button with gears on it. This will take you take you to the menu allowing you to save your game, adjust music and sound effect volume and more.
Explanation of Menus
- Main Menu
- When you tap on the menu button the drop down menu shown above will appear.
- Each item is labeled with a letter in the image above and described below.
- A. Jack’s Profile –All attributes and scoring in various categories are found here.
- B. Book –Tap here to go to the last text screen if you need to read it again.
- C. Weapons Menu –Go here to assign weapons to Jack.
- D. Game Controls –Tap here to save your game and to reach the main game menu to exit.
- E. Magic Gems –Here you can see the magic gems in your bag and equip yourself with them.
- F. Inventory –Tap here to see what is in Jack’s inventory.
- G. Purchase Magic gems– Tap here to purchase additional magic gems for your game. (See Magic gems above)
How to Move
- To move you will tap the screen ahead of Jack and he will walk to the area that flashes.
- When Jack approaches another character he will start to talk on his own. If you want to talk to a specific character tap on them to interact.
Entering or Exiting a Location
- When you want Jack to leave a location look for the pink gem that is floating. This represents the doorway.
- Walk onto the gem and wait a moment for the new scene to load.
- Magic gems are your most valuable resource as they help you win in battle and stay strong against attack.
- You start out having Jack’s father give you some gems and throughout the game and different levels people will give you gems to help you but they are very rare. You will get through the game much faster if you have gems in your inventory.
- Purchasing additional Gems –You can purchase additional gems if you want to by tapping on the “$” symbol in the main menu.
- You will be taken to the screen shown above. Tap on the amount of gems you would like to purchase. This is also known as “Purchasing G!” in the game.
- The prices are not listed and you will not be told what they are until you try to purchase them. Here is the cost breakdown of each gem package.
- 5,000 gems for 99 cents
- 17,000 gems for $2.99
- 30,000 gems for $4.99
- 65,000 gems for $9.99
- 150,000 gems for $19.99
- All purchases are listed in USD.
- The more you pay the better deal you will get. If you purchase the 30,000 gem bundle it will last for a long time and help you advance in the game.
- Note – If you spend 5,000 G’s the team members will promote you five levels at once opening up more battles and locations for you instantly. This is just an option and you do not have to use your gems this way.
- Note – To reach the purchase menu fast tap on the gem indicator at the top left of the screen at any time except when in battle.
- Gem Sockets allow you to expand your ability to carry more gems at once and must be purchased as an in app purchase. This will be charged to your iTunes account.
- Jack starts out with the ability to equip himself with two magic gems at first and this will increase as he levels up in the game.
- You can purchase a Socket +2, or Socket +6.
- Tap on the “Expand” button in the “Enchancements” menu to purchase additional sockets.
- Expanding the magic gem slot allows you to cast more types of magic.
- Gem sockets are very important to your success in the game.
- The higher the level of the magic gem, the more sockets that are needed. Mounting the magic gem requires the occupying socket.
What Magic Gems Do
- By equipping Jack with magic gems he will be able to learn the magic each gem is equipped with.
- Different kinds of gems have different properties to them. For example –
- Water will put out fire
- Fire will defeat wind
- Wind will defeat Earth
- Earth with defeat water.
- If your opponent is going to strike you with fire, then equip your gem to fight back with water and so on.
- As your character Jack walks along the mountains, and terrain there are blue flames floating all around. These move as if they are chasing Jack at times. Some times when you are headed somewhere you will want to try to avoid these but it can be difficult.
- Other times you will want to walk into these flames as they take you into battle with all kinds of magical and scary creatures.
- Battles are the major way to earn points and level up in the game. You must be equipped with magic gems and have them set to an ability before you go into battle. This can be done by tapping on the gem button from the main menu.
- It is important to have gems set to many different properties as you never know what an opponent is going to use against you.
- Battling these creatures is done in a take turn manner. One opponent strikes then the other until someone is defeated.
- EXP and G (Gems) are earned when a battle is finished..
- When in battle you will see an icon in the center of the screen. Tap on it and it will expand and this is your battle menu. (See image above) Tap on it and then tap on the type of action you would like to take which is explained here.
- A. Magic Gem –Here you can access your magic gem and use it in battle if needed.
- B.Shield –Use this to protect yourself from enemies and reduce the hit damage.
- C.Sword –Use the sword to strike your opponent by tapping here then on opponent.
- D.Skull –Tap here if you want to use your gems or trade them in to defeat your enemies with a large blow.
- E.Escape –Tap here if you want to run away from the battle. Some battles will not let you do this.
- F.Skill –Tap here to use weapons of skill such as the flash bomb.
- G. Potions –Tap here to use a potion on your opponent.
- Jack always takes the first strike and then the other monster or animal will attack him. If he has good health or the help of magic gems he is more likely to win.
- He will take some damage and health will regenerate over time.
- Weapons also regenerate after a few moments.
- The attack sequence varies according to the speed of the characters in battle.
- Scoring –Jack’s scores are located at the bottom left of the screen. His opponent is shown at the top left of the screen. You will be able to see health meters for both of them.
- At the end of the battle a screen will appear rewarding you with EXP (Experience Points) and gems if you win the battle.
Actions Performed in Battle
- Normal Attacks
- Skills based on AP
- Magic Attacks
- Battle Item Attacks
- Potion Healing
- Instant Kills
- It is important to know what these characters stand for in the game. These are found in the main menu by tapping on the button with the book on it.
- You will be able to see Jack’s stats and attributes at any time except while in battle.
- ATK –Your attack damage with equipment
- CON –Your defense without equipment.
- DEF –Your defense with equipment
- DEX –Your hit accuracy and evasion chances.
- INT –Your magical damage and defense
- STR –Your attack damage without equipment
Accepting a Battle Challenge
- Occasionally you will run into characters that ask you if you want to take a challenge in battle.
- If you accept, you will not be able to escape until the battle is finished.
- This can sometimes take a very long time. At time there were battles that lasted twenty minutes or more depending on the speed of the characters in battle..
- It is highly recommended you turn the music off before you enter this mode as you can not leave it until it is finished.
- There are many shops in the game that Jack will be asked to visit. Here the vendors give him valuable information about the game storyline and equipment he may need.
- Many of the people he meets will gift him with something valuable that is kep in his inventory until it is needed.
- All the items Jack is given as he travels through the game are placed in inventory until he needs them.
- This is the small button with a sack on it at the bottom of the main pull down menu.
- This is where you can drop or use items depending on how much room you have and how many items you can use at once.
Saving your Game
- It is very important you save your game before you exit. It is wise to get into the habit of saving periodically especially after major events in the game.
- To save tap on the gear icon from the main menu then tap on “Save”
- After you save you are free to exit the game. Tap on main menu from this screen to be taken out of the game.
- Resetting your Game – (New Game)If you want to keep playing your game be sure you tap on “Continue” If you tap on “New Game” you will start all over and lose any gem purchases you have made.
- These options are on the first screen you see when you load the game so be careful.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Dawn of Magic. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!