Game Introduction – MyTown 2
MyTown 2 is a location-based city building game from Booyah. Check-in to all of your favorite local places around your town, then own them in your own virtual town! Watch out though, as simply checking in to your favorite places isn’t usually enough to get going. You’ll need to know how to spend your coins, which business to own and more. Not to worry though, as Gamezebo’s quick start guide has all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to have a thriving town.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing MyTown 2, you will first need to download and install it by clicking the ‘Play Now’ button at the top of this screen.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the game, you can find it on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “MyTown 2” to start playing.
- Upon your first time loading the app, you will be automatically signed in with your Game Center account. If you do not already have a Game Center account, you can create your free account using your iTunes ID.
- Note: MyTown 2 requires a constant internet connection, and access to the location services on your device in order to use. Make sure you are near a wi-fi connection or have a stable 3G connection before playing.
Building your town
- As stated previously, you will be given the opportunity to check in to places in your real world town and add them to your virtual town. Let’s go over how we do that.
- At the main gameplay screen, tap on the Menu button to bring up a few different options. Now, tap on the Store button. Tap on Businesses here to access all the nearby locations close to you.
- Considering I live near gas stations, there appears to be mainly gasoline stations available for purchase near me. Your first business purchase is free. Once you’ve decided on which you’d like to purchase, tap on it once.
- Now you will be taken into placement mode where you can tap and drag on the business to place it where you’d like. After you’ve decided on its location, tap on the green checkmark to place it down.
- Now the business will take a few seconds to build. When it has finished building, tap on it to open it. Opening a business is not the only thing you have to do to make money however, as you will also have to start a contract of sorts to collect money from this business.
- You can start contracts that will last from 3 minutes to 10 hours depending on how often you want to check in and play the game. Tap on the business and select which contract amount best fits your style to continue. After the contract is up, an icon will appear over it indicating that it is now time to collect from it. Repeat this step to continue making money.
- Note: You can only build the same business once in your town. (However, if your real life town has multiples of the same business, your town can too.)
- Without people in your town to visit the businesses, there is little point in having them at all. Luckily, you can build community properties that allow you to increase the population in your town so that more residents can visit your businesses as well as increase the amount of businesses allowed in your town.
- In order to build more businesses, we need to place a community property. Enter the store menu, and tap on the Community button. You will now be shown a list of all available community buildings. Being that it is your first time visiting this screen, you will notice that there is only one community property to be built, the Playground.
- Tap on the Playground to buy it for 150 coins. You will now be taken to placement mode like before, and can place it accordingly. Now that you have it in your town, the population is increased by 50.
- Note: As other real world players of MyTown 2 check-in and purchase businesses, they will become more expensive for you to purchase. Notice in the screen above that the Shell Gas station now costs 1,213 coins after another player purchased it whereas before it only cost 800 coins.
- Upgrading your businesses will not only increase its output (meaning more XP and coins for you), but it will also allow you to change its look to be more appropriate.
- After completing enough contracts, your business will become ready to upgrade. At that time, the business will automatically upgrade itself, making it easy for you. After the upgrade process is complete, you will receive a bounty of XP and coins to use, as well as the opportunity to change the look of the business.
- You can upgrade your business again and again, and it will happen all automatically as the business completes more jobs.
- There’s only a zillion other apps that allow you to ‘Check-In’ but none really that allow you to earn as many bonuses as MyTown 2.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, you will see a bullseye icon. This is your check-in button that allows you to check-in to any business within your vicinity.
- Note: You do not have to own the business in order to check-in to it. Just being near it is fine.
- When you check-in to a business that you don’t own, you will earn some XP. If you happen to be the first person to check-in to a particular business, you will receive an extra “trailblazer” bonus with even more XP.
- Checking-in to a business that you already own will earn you a job bonus multiplier, meaning that jobs that your businesses are working on will now be much faster (usually 2x) than before, earning you coins and XP faster.
- Goals in MyTown 2 will earn you additional coins and XP, as well as unlocking certain items that you can purchase in the game.
- To access the goals that are currently available to you, tap on the woman on the left side of the screen. A menu will pop-up showing all available goals. Tap on the goal if you want to see more details on how to complete the goal.
- Finishing a goal happens automatically, and a pop-up will appear showing your rewards.
- You have completed the quick start guide for MyTown 2. You are now ready to check out of here and become the master of your town. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus previews, reviews, news and more!