Pet Tales – Game Introduction
Pet Tales is a pet adoption and sim game on Facebook. In Pet Tales you can adopt either a puppy or a kitten and care for it. You will also be creating a pet park for your pet and other animals to play in. This guide will introduce you to the world of Pet Tales and help you get started in the game.
Quick Start Guide
- Pet Tales is played on Facebook and you will need to have a current account to play. If you need to register for a free account click here – //www.facebook.com
- Once you have a Facebook account you are ready to play and can click on the “Free – Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- You will be asked to give permission to allow the developer to post messages on your profile page at Facebook. Click on “Allow” and proceed to the game.
Navigating the Screen
- In the top left corner you will find the image of your pet. Here you will be able to care for your pet by clicking on the heart icon. You can also adopt another pet by clicking on the plus icon. However, you will need pet credits to do so. See the “Terminology” section of this guide for more information on pet credits.
- Below your pet portrait is your pet’s confidence meter. You earn confidence by meeting and playing with other animals. When you fill the confidence meter your pet will be able to go on a play date.
- Along the top of the screen are all the standard meters. Here you will find your current coin balance, tag balance (used to purchase premium items), energy meter and, current level and experience.
- The left side of your screen is where you will find your current quests. There is an arrow that will allow you to scroll through all the active quests if you have more active than can fit on the screen.
- The bottom left of the screen is where you will find the name of your park along with the compass button. Clicking on the compass will open the world map, allowing you to travel to new areas and complete more quests.
- Below that is your friends bar. Here you can visit your friends and arrange play dates between your pets.
- In the bottom right of the screen is where you will find your main toolbar.
- The arrow button opens up your tools. These are sell, store, rotate, move, and select.
- The box button opens your inventory. There are two inventories. One is for your collections (items that you will find while playing the game) and the other is where you will find items you have stored and/or gifts you have received.
- The store button is where you will find anything and everything you can purchase in the game. The different items you can buy are listed is various categories which are as follows: featured, specialty, toys, upkeep, décor, landscaping, walkways, consumables (energy), and resources.
- The paw print button opens up the pet adoption menu. Here you can adopt additional pets…if you have enough pet credits.
- Coins: The currency of Pet Tales. They can be earned by cleaning your park, meeting new friends, and completing quests among other things.
- Tags: The premium currency in Pet Tales. Tags must be purchased or earned by leveling up.
- Energy: Used to perform tasks in Pet Tales. Your energy reserves will increase as you level up.
- Experience: Earn experience to level up. Leveling up will unlock new items and quests, as well as new places on the world map.
- Confidence meter: Earn confidence by meeting and playing with other pets. When your confidence meter is full you can arrange a play date for your pet.
- Pet credits: Purchased with tags. Pet credits allow you to adopt additional pets.
- Collections: When you complete tasks in the game you may find special items that will be added to your collections. When you complete a collection it can be traded in for bonuses.
- Inventory: This is where you will find all your stored items as well as any items you friends have gifted to you.
- Store: This is where you can purchase items for your park.
- World map: From here you will be able to travel to new locations and complete more involved quests.
Caring for Your Pet
- When you visit your pet the first thing you will want to do is make sure they are happy.
- If your pet won’t interact with items in your park or other animals it’s because they need something.
- Click on the heart icon located in the top left of the screen to open the care screen.
- Here you can feed, water, and play with your pet.
- Once you have taken care of your pet’s needs, you can exit the care screen and start exploring your park.
Building Your Park
- When you first enter your park you’ll notice that there are a lot of leaves, weeds, and gopher holes littering the place.
- Click on these items to send your pet to clean them up.
- Once you have cleared some space it’s time to start decorating.
- To begin decorating, click on the store button located at the bottom right of your screen.
- There are several different types of items you can purchase.
- Featured items are seasonal and/or limited edition items.
- Specialty items are unique items you can purchase.
- Toys and training items can be purchased for your pet to play with.
- Upkeep items are mechanical devices that will help keep your park clean.
- Décor items are decorations for your park.
- Landscaping items include trees, rocks and other landscaping items that you can purchase to truly personalize your park.
- Walkways is where you will find paths and fences.
- Consumables sells energy items.
- Resources is where you can go to purchase the items you need to build certain items.
- Once you have found an item you would like to purchase, click on it .
- Now you will be able to place it within your park. If the item is red, it cannot be placed where it is. Once the object glows green it can be placed.
- Placing the object finalizes the purchase and any coins or tags will be deducted from your balance.
- If you wish to move or rotate an item, you can click on the arrow button in the bottom right of your screen.
- This opens your toolbar. Here you can sell an item for coins, put it in your inventory, rotate it, move it, or simply select it.
- Some items that you purchase will need to be built.
- Click on them to see what items are required for building them.
- You can request that friends send you these items, or you can purchase them using tags.
- Once you are done designing your park it’s time to let your pet enjoy it.
Exploring Your Park and Making Friends
- Once you’ve created your park, you’ll notice that other pets will start to visit it.
- Click on any pets wandering around to send your pet over to greet them.
- Once the pets have become acquainted you will earn confidence points.
- Confidence points will help fill your confidence meter.
- When your confidence meter is full, you will be able to send your pet on a play date.
- To start a play date, go to your friend bar and, under their portrait, click the play button.
- This will open the play date menu.
- Here you will be able to choose which of your friends pets you’d like to play with.
- The more often your pet plays with another pet the friendlier they will become.
- If two pets play together enough they will become BFFs.
- You can also visit your friends parks and explore them.
- While at your friends parks your pet can play with other animals, clean items that are dirty, or just hang out.
- When you are done visiting, just click the return to park button in the bottom right of the screen.
Exploring the World Map
- Once you reach a high enough level you will receive your first quest that will lead you to the world map.
- To access the world map, click on the compass button in the bottom left of your screen.
- This will open the world map.
- All locations that are accessible will have an orange dot on them. If they have active quests at the location there will be an exclamation point on the dot.
- While visiting locations on the world map, you may run across animals who have exclamation points over their heads. These animals are offering you additional quests. Click on them to accept.
- Once you are finished at a location, click on the return to park button in the bottom right of the screen.
- Coins are earned in a variety of ways.
- Coins can be earned by completing quests, cleaning up your park, and playing with other pets in your park.
- When you have completed a task, the coins will appear on the screen. Click on them to collect them.
- If you are desperate for coins, you can sell back items you’ve purchased.
- To sell an item back, select the sell tool in your toolbar and then click on the item you wish to sell.
- You can also purchase coins with cash by clicking on the plus symbol next to your coin balance.
Maximizing Your Energy
- You will need to monitor your energy if you wish to be successful in Pet Tales.
- You will use one energy point every time you complete a task in the game.
- Once you have run out of energy you will need to consume an energy item or wait for your energy to replenish.
- Energy replenishes at a rate of one point every two minutes and 15 seconds.
- You will increase your energy pool by one point every time you level up.
- Each time you level up your energy will be refilled.
- Leveling up will unlock new items to purchase as well as new locations on the map.
- You level up by earning experience.
- Experience is earned by completing tasks in the game. Just about everything you do will earn you a couple experience points at least.
- If you want to see how many more experience points you need to reach the next level, hover your mouse over your experience bar. This will display how many more points you need before you reach the next level.
Adopting Additional Pets
- You can adopt additional pets as you get further into the game.
- Adopting a second pet requires three pet credits.
- Pet credits can be purchased in the store under the resource tab. They cost 20 tags.
- To adopt a new pet either click on the plus sign in the top left of the screen or on the paw print at the bottom right of your screen.
- This will open the adopt a pet screen. Here you can choose which animal and breed you would like to adopt.
You have completed the quick start guide for Pet Tales by Rivet Games, Inc. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.