Game Introduction – Burn the Rope: Worlds
Burn the Rope: Worlds is a puzzle action game from Big Blue Bubble for the iPhone and iPod Touch. You are in control of the flames again in this sequel to the original Burn the Rope game. Without a bit of direction though, some of the puzzles can be rather tough! Luckily, you have Gamezebo’s quick start guide that has all of the tips, tricks, cheats and solutions you’ll need to fan the flames.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started and playing Burn the Rope: Worlds, you’ll first need to download and install the app by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find the app on your home screen. Tap on the icon labeled “Burn the Rope: Worlds” to get playing.
- At the main menu of the game, you have a few choices when it comes to gameplay. Classic mode, which has you playing the game in its classic form, Casual mode which is a bit easier than Classic, Endless Burn which lets you burn the ropes for as long as you can, and Puzzle of the Day that lets you play select levels that have been created by the community.
- When you choose Classic mode, you will be instantly taken to a puzzle for you to start.
- The object of each puzzle is to burn the entire rope in the level. To ignite the rope, touch it at any point. You will then likely need to rotate your device to allow it to burn the entire rope, as the flames will only burn up.
- Note: Burn the Rope: Worlds can be difficult, and some levels will have almost impossible levels of difficulty. You do not need to burn the entire rope to complete and pass most levels.
- To complete most every level in Burn the Rope: Worlds, you will need to rotate your phone, so make sure you’re playing in a position where you will feel comfortable rotating your phone constantly as you play.
- To start a flame on a level, tap on the rope exactly where you’d like it to start. If you tapped anywhere but on the end of a rope, the flame will then split into two parts, where you will have to struggle to keep control of the two flames.
- Classic mode does a good job of introducing you to the basic gameplay of the game if you did not previously play Burn the Rope. If you have already played the original, then you will probably enjoy the new levels and challenges available here.
- Bugs are also an integral part of the gameplay, as they can alter how you attack a puzzle dramatically.
- Colored rope frequently appears in puzzles, and requires that you burn an ant of that same color before you can burn that section of rope. Simply direct your flame toward the color of ant you need and keep it to burn the colored sections of rope.
- Other bugs you will find include exploding bugs that will explode up to a certain radius anything around it. These bugs are especially helpful in tight puzzles that are difficult to burn with conventional methods.
- Twin bugs can also be helpful, in that if one is burned, the other will ignite immediately. The twins are helpful if you’re in a situation where you no longer have an ignited flame on a cut-off section of rope.
- Once you have completed a level, you will be shown a results screen with the percentage of rope you were able to burn in the level, along with a medal that represents how well you did in the level. The closer you came to 100% in the level, the better medal you will receive.
- Bonus levels are a random occurrence and happen after you have completed levels. When these happen, just ignite a flame and try to burn as many bugs as you can.
- Note: Casual mode does not have any separate progress or levels than Classic mode, but does make it easier to complete the levels. For instance, a level may have no colored rope meaning you are not forced to burn a colored ant before burning the colored portion of the rope.
- Have you completed the entire Classic level set in Burn the Rope: Worlds? Ready for more of a challenge? Perhaps Endless Burn will burn off any remaining desires.
- When you select Burnless Rope from the main menu, you will be shown a screen that allows you to choose options before heading in. You can select which flame you want to use, the size of the rope, and the speed of the flame as well as the difficult of the entire thing.
- Once you tap a difficulty, you will be taken into the mode. Unlike the other modes, this one has you controlling a ball of flame that is constantly moving. Your objective is to control it by moving your device around, burning all of the bugs in its path. If you hit ice, the game is over and you will have to start all over again.
- Note: The flame ball will come out the other side of the device screen if you let it move off screen. Keep that in mind when rotating, so that you don’t make any unintended mistakes.
Puzzle of the day
- If Endless Flame is not enough, Puzzle of the Day provides you with a new puzzle per day for free. You may also play up to five of the previous puzzles of the day.
- To play a puzzle of the day: from the main menu, select Puzzle of the Day and then select any of the puzzles from today and back. You will then be taken to a theme selection, and then to the puzzle itself. Once you’re done playing it, you’ll be taken back to the puzzle of the day selection menu.
- If you don’t want to wait until tomorrow to play the new daily free puzzle, you can unlock the tomorrow’s puzzle feature permanently for $.99.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Burn the Rope: Worlds on iPhone and iPod Touch. Now that you’ve ignited your inner flame, you’ll be burning all the ropes in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides plus reviews, previews, news and more!