Game Introduction – Tap Petshop
Tap Petshop developed by Pocket Gems is a delightful game that allows you to run your very own pet shop with every kind of animal you can imagine. Set up animal habitats, choose different breeds of animals and their mates, and expand and decorate your pet shop while collecting profits that you can reinvest. Gamezebo’s Tap Petshop quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Tap Petshop is a free application and can be found by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page..
- Once you download the game you will need to set the push notifications prompt that appears. You can change this in the settings area of your device later. This will allow the game to notify you via a text message when certain game events occur.
- You will be taken through a brief visual tutorial that shows you how to purchase and set up animals in your pet shop.
- At this time there are no connections to social networks such as Facebook or Twitter but this may change in the future so be sure to check frequently for game updates.
- There are two types of currency in Tap Petshop used to purchase animals, habitats, decor and special advantages in the game.
- Gold Coins – This is the basic game currency which is used to purchase animals and decor for your pet shop. You will start the game with 300 coins.
- Paws – This is the premium currency used in the game. You can purchase higher end animals and habitats with paws as well as breed them. You start out with one paw coin and if you want any more you will have to purchase them using real currency.
- How to purchase more currency – You can purchase either coins or paws by tapping on the “add” button near the currency indicator at the top center of the game screen. The currency is divided as shown in image above into bundles ranging from .99 cents to ninety nine dollars. When you make these purchases you will make them through your iTunes account and will be billed by iTunes.
- You can play the game without purchasing additional currency but note this will take a very long time as you must wait quite a while to save up the number of coins needed to expand and add profitable animals to your shop.
Adding Animal Habitats and animal breeds to your Shop
- Adding an animal habitat is the method in which you add different animals to your pet shop.
- Tap on the blue button with the down facing arrow on the lower right side of the screen to open the store menu.
- Tap on “Habitats”
- When the menu opens only one will be unlocked at first. As you level up many more will unlock that you can purchase.
- Tap on the habitat you wish to place in your shop. The type of animal it holds is listed in the description.
- Next you will be taken back to the shop and will see a crate. Use your fingertip to slide the crate to the location you wish to place it.
- When you have the crate where you want it tap on the green arrow to lock in the changes or the “X” if you decide to cancel the transaction.
- Once locked into place you will see a hammer over the crate. Tap again to complete construction.
- You will now see a “!” symbol above the habitat. Tap on it to add the animal to your habitat.
- Placing the animal in your habitat – Next a menu will appear with four different animals from which you can choose one. The name of each animal is listed above them and they are slightly different in coloring. Tap on the animal you want in the habitat.
- Note – Each animal habitat can hold a maximum of four animals.
Feeding your Animals
- Feeding the animals – Next you will see a food bowl over the habitat with your new animal in it. Tap on the bowl to feed the animal. There is no charge to do this and it earns you experience points which help you level up.
- Note – Each time you collect funds from your animals you will immediately need to feed them again.
Adding a Mate/Breeding
- Adding a mate – Once you feed the animal the option to add a mate will appear at the bottom of the screen. Tap on it to choose the option and pay the fee. Another menu with animals of the opposite gender will appear. Tap on the mate you wish to choose for your first animal.
- Breeding – Once you have two animals in your habitat you will see the option to breed and add another animal to your habitat. This is a button at the bottom right of the game screen.
- Tap on the button and the breeding process will begin and the fee will be deducted.
- Each breed takes a different amount of time to complete. Some only a few minutes and some up to a few days as you advance in the game.
- You will see a baby bottle over the habitat when breeding is in process. It is very tiny and usually in the center of the habitat.
- Once breeding is complete the baby bottle icon will be quite large and appear over the habitat like the other icons.
- Tap on the baby bottle and the new baby will appear in the habitat.
- Each habitat can hold a maximum of four animals.
- Note – You also have the option to pay paw coins for instant breeding if you wish. Just tap on the button to choose that option.
Decorating your Pet Shop
- To decorate your pet shop tap on the arrow at the bottom right and bring up the store menu as you did for the habitats.
- Click on the “Decorate” tab along the top to bring up your options.
- You have the option to choose decor items, flooring or wallpaper from this menu.
- Items are sold for coins or paws in these menus.
- Once you make your choice tap on it and it will appear green anywhere in the shop you can place it and red if you can not place it. Once you have it where you want it tap on the green check mark to lock it in or the red “X” if you change your mind and want to cancel the transaction.
- Moving or deleting items – If you want to move or delete an item tap on the blue arrow then on the gear icon to bring up the tools menu. Here you can tap on “Move” then on the item you wish to move then tap on the check mark to lock in the new location.
- You are given a small amount of space when you start out your pet shop so you will want to expand it fairly soon.
- It is very expensive to expand so you will either have to place as many habitats as possible and wait until you have earned enough coins to expand. (3,500 coins for first expansion) or you will need to purchase coins.
- Tap on the area at the bottom left that says “Expand your shop” or on the “Expand” area of the store menu.
- Wait for expansion to complete – Once you buy the expansion you will have to wait until the expansion is complete. The first expansion takes four hours to complete unless you are willing to spend 80 paw coins to bypass the four hours. The amount of paw coins paid to instantly complete an expansion decreases over time so you may want to wait a few hours then decide if you want to spend this much. It is not recommended unless you have unlimited money to invest in the game.
- Once the expansion is complete you can check to see how much the next one is so you can begin planning. You will also see more area to place habitats and a new expansion area to work toward.
Collecting Profit from your Animals
- Each animal habitat you place will earn you money at certain intervals.
- The intervals are different for each breed and usually the longer it takes the more money and XP (Experience points) you will earn.
- When you see a large red heart over the habitat it is ready for collection. Simply tap on the heart to collect and the countdown will start all over.
- Note – At any time you can tap on a habitat and at the bottom of the screen it will show you a count down menu and how much time is left until your next collection. If you are also breeding an animal it will show the times left until breeding and collection.
- The more animals you have in a habitat the more profit you will earn for that particular breed.
- Immediately after you collect from an animal habitat you will have to tap again to feed the animals in order to keep the countdown clock moving.
- As you progress in the game and expand your shop you will need to hire additional staff to run it.
- When you have reached the point where you need more staff (after your first expansion) you will be prompted by the game to hire more staff before you can proceed adding more habitats.
- Tap on the blue arrow store menu and then tap on the “Staff” button to the far right.
- A menu will appear with all available staff members. You will need to purchase staff members and they can be purchased with either coins or paws.
- You can wait until you save up enough coins or you can purchase more.
- Once you tap on “Buy” the staff member will appear in your shop.
- You will now be able to purchase more habitats for your shop.
- At this time the game is not connected to any social networks but this may change soon.
- There is an option to visit a neighbor which you can reach by tapping on the blue arrow then on “Social” then on “Visit”
- This is a computer generated neighbor and there is no bonus or reward for visiting neighbors at this time.
- You can however see a very elaborate pet shop with almost all of the available habitats inside which is nice to see.
- When you are finished looking around tap on the house icon at the bottom right and it will allow you to travel back to your pet shop.
- It is anticipated that the social features of the game will evolve over time and you will be able to add friends, visit them and send gifts.
- Be sure to check here at Gamezebo when these features are added for detailed instructions on how to navigate them.