Puppy World – Game Introduction
Puppy World is an iPhone game developed by OMGPOP that lets you raise adorable puppies in order to save the world from evil. Gamezebo’s Puppy World strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you run the cutest puppy nursery around.
Quick Start Guide
- Puppy World can be downloaded for free from the Apple app store by clicking the “Free – Play Now” link at the top of this page.
Fighting With Puppy Power
- The main objective in Puppy World is to raise puppies and then unite them with an owner, thus producing puppy power. In the game’s story, puppy power is what is used to ward off an evil force invading the puppy world.
- To raise a puppy, you’ll first need a pillow, which can be purchased from the shop menu located in the lower left hand corner.
- Each pillow has two main characteristics: star rating and number of uses. The star rating essentially refers to how nice the pillow is and how much it will improve your overall cute rating, which in turn increases the happiness of your puppies. Pillows are only good for a limited time, however, so the use rating determines how many puppies can be raised on a pillow before it’s no good.
- Once you have a pillow simply tap on it and you will be brought to the puppy store. Here you can purchase a new puppy to raise. At first you’ll notice that the majority of breeds are locked, but as you gain experience levels these breeds will become available for you to purchase as well.
- Each breed has unique characteristics. The first, is the number of bones (the in-game currency) it costs to buy, and the second is how long it takes to mature.
- While you get to raise a puppy, you won’t be keeping it for very long. So try not to get too attached! The goal is to eventually unite the dog with an owner, which can be done once they mature.
- When a dog has reached full maturity you can sell it by tapping the “Unite” button. However, it’s important to ensure that a dog is as happy as possible before selling it, because you’ll earn an additional happiness bonus based on your dog’s state.
- To keep a dog happy, be sure to take good care of it. Whenever a dog has a need a though bubble will pop up over its head. Tap on it and you’ll be able to set things right. If a dog is dirty, for instance, simply drag the soapy sponge all over it until it’s clean. If a dog is hungry, drag the food bowl to its mouth.
- The quicker you satisfy your puppy’s needs the happier they will be. You may want to turn-on push notifications, which will alert you whenever a dog needs something even if you aren’t playing. To do this, simply go to the menu option and turn push notifications on.
- Throughout the game you’ll receive quests, which will ask you to do everything from raising certain types of puppies to purchasing certain types of decorations. While optionals, competing quests is a good source of both money and experience, which will let you progress through the game faster.
Moving Items and Premium Currency
- As your puppy nursery expands and fills up, you’ll probably want do some redecorating. Thankfully, moving objects around is very simple.
- To move a decoration simply tap on it twice with your finger. From here you can drag it wherever you like on screen. You’ll also have the option to rotate the object or sell it for some bones.
- Note – it doesn’t appear that you can move puppy beds around, so be careful when placing them.
- There are two types of currency in Puppy World: bones and gems. You’ll receive bones for completing quests and uniting puppies, and they can be used to buy most items in the game, including both puppies and decorations. Gems, meanwhile, are the game’s premium currency and are much more rare, though the game does start you out with a small amount. You can use gems to skip past quests, speed up the maturity process for puppies, and to buy certain items and puppies. Shih tzus, for example, can only be purchased with gems.
- You can see how many gems and bones you have by checking the top of the screen. Tapping the “+” icon will bring you to a screen where you can purchase additional amounts of both types of currency using real-world money.
- You’ve completed the Puppy World quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to raise puppies and load up on puppy power. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides, and more.