Battlepath Monsters – Game Introduction
Battlepath Monsters is an iPhone game developed by Spacegum Pty that puts you in the role of a powerful warrior out to slay lots and lots of monsters. Gamezebo’s Battlepath Monsters strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats to help you collect every animal there is.
Quick Start Guide
- Battlepath Monsters can be downloaded for free from the Apple app store by clicking the “Free – Play Now” link at the top of this page.
- In order to play, you’ll need to set-up an account, which requires you to create a username and password and input a valid email address.
- This information can be changed later on by tapping on your avatar and then selecting the “My Account” option at the bottom of the screen. Changing your email address and password is free, while changing your username requires some premium currency.
Battling Monsters and Managing a Village
- From the main screen you can access virtually ever aspect of the game. Tapping on your avatar, for instance, will bring you to a list of your character’s stats as well as all of the monsters you’ve encountered and defeated so far.
- From here you can also, as previously discussed, change your account setting.
- To the left of your character portrait there are four icons: weapon, clothing, utility, and pet. These are the items that you can equip. Tapping on any of the icons will bring you a list of all of the options you own, if possible. You can purchase these items, which will improve your offensive and defensive capabilities, from shops, but you will also collect them from defeating enemies.
- To enter a battle select the “Battle” option from the bottom menu of the main screen. This will take you to a list of all the available monsters that you can fight.
- The monsters are arranged by experience level, with the lower level creatures listed first.
- Tip – You should only engage in combat with enemies that are either equal to or below your current experience level. In most cases you will lose battles against higher level monsters.
- Once you’re actually in a battle things are pretty simple. You will take turns exchanging blows with your opponent, which is done by tapping the “Attack” option. Whoever runs out of health points first loses the battle. Defeating enemies earns you experience points, as well as occasional bonuses like money and items.
- You can also use items in battle by tapping on your bag. Some items can be used to attack, and so you can use them in place of a normal attack.
- Tip – using restorative items that replenish your health does not consume a turn. So you can heal yourself and then attack in the same turn.
- Tip – your health refills over time. So if you’re running low it’s best to wait a while before heading back into battle.
- Back on the main screen, selecting the “Village” option will bring you to a small village that you can manage. You can recruit villagers, which expands the size of the village, which in turn increases the amount of rent you’ll receive are pre-determined intervals. Recruiting villagers costs gold.
- You can also engage in battle with enemy viallges. If none are nearby, you have the option to teleport to another place in the world. This will cost you gems, which can either be purchased with the premium currency or harvested from trees.
- Note – there’s no way to guarantee that when you teleport to another area there will be villages to fight with. You won’t know until you telelport. This makes telelporting a risky proposition, as you could use up rare gems and not end up finding an enemy village available.
- You can also spend gems on protection, which ensures that no one else can attack your village for a specific amount of time, ranging from two to eight hours.
- If you’re desperate for cash, you can destroy your village, which will earn you one gold coin per villager.
- All of the gold you earn in battle has to go somewhere, and thankfully there are plenty of places to spend it in Battlepath Monsters. To go shopping, select the “Trade” option from the main menu.
- Banks – here you can sell items, as well as drop them off for safekeeping. Since you have limited storage space in your bag, banks can be incredibly useful.
- Shops – places like travelling merchant and the wizard shop let you buy items, weapons, armor, and pets. You can sell items here, as well. The inventory is different at different shops, so be sure to check them all out.
- Temples– here you can buy premium items that require premium currency. However, you need to have a relic in order to visit the temple, which you can collect randomly by defeating enemies. You can also purchase relics from cemeteries.
- Taverns– this features helpful information about the game as well as a forum where you can discuss the game with other players.
- Restaurants – here you can buy food, which lets you replenish your health.
- Trees – there are two magic trees in the game; one red, one yellow. These are where you can harvest gems, which can be done once every 24 hours.
- Your bag, which can be accessed by tapping the “Pack” option from the main screen, contains all of the items you own, aside from what is equipped. However, it only has limited space. To make it bigger you’ll need to purchase additional slots, which can be done by buying the premium currency in the game.
- Note – if you don’t want to spend real-world money to get a bigger pack, you can still get by with careful inventory management. When your bag is full, be sure to sell items you won’t use and store items you might use at the bank.
- You’ve completed the Battlepath Monsters quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills you need to defeat every single monster there is. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.