Dino Zoo – Game Introduction
Dino Zoo is a zoo simulation game from Tap Pocket for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Using a small plot of land given to you, you can build your very own Jurassic Park with several different dino species and plants galore. Using Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be off and running no time with a zoo that everyone will enjoy!
Quick Start Guide
- To start playing Dino Zoo, you’ll first need to download the game using the “Play Now” button at the top this page.
- Once the game has downloaded and finished installing on your device, you can start it by tapping the icon labeled “Dino Zoo” found on your device’s homescreen.
- NOTE: You will need a constant connection to the internet on your device to play Dino Zoo.
- Now that you’ve launched the game, you can get going and start setting up your zoo.
Building & Breeding Your Zoo
- Any good zoo would be nothing without some good dinosaurs to look at would it? Let’s go over how to obtain and place dinosaurs in your zoo first.
- To access the dinosaur store, tap the arrow in the lower right corner. A pop-up menu will appear with plenty of new options to choose from. Select “Dino”.
- To start with, you will only have a few different dinosaurs available to you. At level 1, for instance, you’ll only have the Callovosaurus and the Lesothosaturas to choose from. Pick whichever dinosaur you’d like to place first simply by tapping on it.
- You can now place the dinosaur anywhere within your zoo grounds by holding and then dragging until you’ve decided where to place it. Double tap the dinosaur when you’ve decided on where he should stay.
- A good idea at this point is to purchase an additional dinosaur of the same type. Doing so will automatically place the duplicate in the same pen, and they will be able to breed.
- To breed a dinosaur, first you will need to have two of the same type of dinosaur in the same pen. Then, tap the Arrow menu and tap the Breed button. Now you will be shown a list of the available dinosaurs that can breed in your zoo. Once you’ve decided on which dinosaur you’d like to breed, tap on it to select it.
- You will now be shown what the new baby dinosaur will look like once it has hatched. If you like what you see and are ready to be done, tap the Breed button. Once you’ve tapped it, a certain amount of time will go by (based on the species you decided to breed) and your baby will be born once the time has passed.
- After the time has elapsed, you can tap “Move to Zoo” to bring the baby to your zoo for visitors to see.
Managing & Expanding Your Zoo
- A zoo with dinosaurs is pretty neat on its own, but some neat scenery is always necessary to keep the mood high for your visitors.
- Firstly, you’ll want to keep your zoo clean from debris and trash that your guests can sometimes leave behind. Doing so is incredibly easy, too!
- To clean up debris in your zoo, simply tap on the debris as you see it. Once the debris is cleaned up you will receive a small bonus of either coins or experience points.
- Next, you’ll want to place some décor for guests to look at as they explore your park.
- Tap the arrow menu, and then tap the Store button to access the market where you can buy hundreds of different décor items. Be careful though, if you spend too much money on décor, you will likely not have much money left to buy new dinos.
- A good idea is to place some sort of store or restaurant in your zoo, as they tend to generate plenty of cash for you to use on other items. These items will likely be expensive but very worth it in the long run.
- Just like the dinosaur pens, placing a décor item is just as simple as dragging it to the exact place you’d like it to go, then double tapping it.
- Your dinosaurs are generally friendly creatures, and will never harm you or your guests when they come to visit. However, they still appreciate a little bit of love once in a while just to show you care.
- You can send love to the dinosaurs in your park simply by tapping the love button in the Arrow menu. You will receive a small experience and coin bonus for doing so. Sending love is something that you can only do in your zoo once every three hours.
- If you find that your current zoo layout is less than ideal, you can easily shuffle things around until you’ve got it just to your liking. To do so in the easiest way, tap the Edit button in the Arrow menu.
- In this menu, you will find options to Move, Sell or to find information on items in your zoo. To move, select the Move button then tap the item you want moved. Now drag the item to where you’d rather have it be placed. Once you’re satisfied with its location, double tap it to finish.
- To sell items: Tap on the Sell icon and tap the icon you wish to sell. A new window will pop-up informing you of the sell price. If you really wish to sell it, tap the Sell button one more time. If you tapped the wrong item by accident, tap the red X to cancel out of this.
- As you can clearly see, you don’t start out with much land in Dino Zoo, so some extra room would be nice, wouldn’t it? Luckily, we do have one option for expansion.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, you should see an icon labeled “Add Land”. When you press this icon, you are given the cost in order to expand your land. Usually, this costs several thousand coins to do so you will likely need to save up a little bit before doing so.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Dino Zoo on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Now that the basics are out of the way, you’ll be king of the dinosaurs in no time. For more guides, reviews, previews and more, keep checking back with Gamezebo.