Car City – Game Introduction
Car City is a car building simulation game from Dream Cortex for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It’s up to you to run your own car company, from the factory to the marketing department. With Gamezebo’s Quick Start Guide, you’ll learn all the necessary tips & tricks to become the next big car company!
Quick Start Guide
- To get started playing Car City, you’ll need to download it first by clicking the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can find it on your home screen. Tap the icon labeled “Car City” to start playing now.
- The first time you start playing, you’ll need to name your city and your first car. You only have a limited amount of characters for each, so it’s best to keep it simple when naming.
- Designing cars is important in Car City, so you’ll need to understand all of the different aspects that go into making them.
- In the Car Factory screen, the different aspects of the car are broken up by several tabs so it’s always easy to find the part you’d like to upgrade or change.
- The first tab in the Factory shows the different body types available. Like the look of the classic VW Bug, a modern SUV or an old muscle car? It’s up to you, and you can pick any of the body types available if you have enough money.
- The second tab is the tire section, with only a few to choose from. Seemingly for now, you can only choose from regular sized tires or monster truck tires.
- The third tab allows you to pick your front bumper, with some crazy designs available. Available for purchase are square bumpers, round bumpers, and some wild ones such as horns, spears and drills.
- Spoilers are important for sporty cars, and you can pick a spoiler for the back of your car. Personally, I like to add some flames to the back of my cars.
- You can also choose the hood of your car from an exposed engine design or a styled hood.
- The last few tabs center around various accessories you can add to your car. You can add wings to your car, as well as sirens, lights, and stylish mufflers.
Marketing Your Car
- When it comes to cars, advertising is everything. After all, how can people buy your cars if they don’t know anything about them? Thankfully, Car City features some great marketing tools to get your show on the road.
- In your main office, tap the Marketing button to bring up the menu to start a new campaign. Now you have several marketing options to choose from including Fliers, Brochures, Car Shows and more.
- The most important factors in choosing which campaign to use is the amount of time it takes, and the amount of profit it will make. For example: One of the first campaigns you can choose from is the Banners campaign, which takes 10 minutes to complete and will return a profit of $63. Considering it only costs $3 to start, that’s quite a huge profit margin every 10 minutes. However, this also means you will have to tend to your campaigns quite a bit too.
- Once you’ve chosen the campaign you’d like, you can start it by purchasing it with coins or CarPoints (real money). Unless the campaign is very expensive to start, I always recommend starting a campaign with only coins.
- You’ll know your campaign is completed because you will receive an in-game pop-up explaining how well the marketing campaign did, and how much money was made as a result.
- On your main company screen, you can also view a commercial that showcases your current car. You can view this neat little video even if you have not chosen a TV commercial as your marketing campaign.
Test Driving Your Cars
- One of the neatest aspects of Car City is the ability to actually test out and drive your creations.
- To start test-driving your cars, simply go the main company screen, and then tap the Lap Mode button. After a quick loading screen, you’ll be taken to the track selection menu.
- At the start, you’ll only have a few tracks to choose from and can unlock more as you level up your company. Tap whichever track you want to drive on to continue.
- If it’s your first time test-driving, you will need to pick which control style you would prefer. Touch controls will display arrows for steering and buttons for gas and brakes on the screen that you can touch to control. Tilt controls will allow you to move your device back and forth to control the car. Don’t worry; if you decide you’d like to try the other way you can change the settings later.
- Once you’ve started racing, all you need to do is drive the car around a few laps. You won’t receive any sort of reward or bonus for test-driving, but it is a fun distraction while you wait for a Marketing campaign to complete!
Company Statistics and Upgrading Your Office
- Keeping up with how your company is doing is vital to running a successful business. Let’s go over how you can keep track.
- On your main company office screen, your statistics are scattered throughout. At the top of the screen (from left to right), you can find your company’s current level, current money, current CarPoints and how many years your company has been in operation.
- Now, the bottom of the screen is different because it constantly rotates out different statistics. Annual sales numbers, Total Sales numbers and Units sold are just a few of the stats that it regularly rotates through.
- If you’d rather view the statistics in a more organized format, you will need to go back to the main menu screen, then tap the icon on the left corner. Now you are viewing the Annual Report which shows all the same information, but in a much easier to read fashion.
- Have you already upgraded your cars to your satisfaction? Well, why not spend some of your extra money on some sweet new digs then?
- On the main menu of the game, you can choose to upgrade your office from a few different options. Once you’ve decided on a new style, tap the Done button to purchase it.
- You have now completed the quick start guide for Car City on the iPhone and iPod Touch. For more guides, reviews, previews and more keep checking back in with Gamezebo!