Fantastic Fish – Game Introduction
Ready for some Fantastic Fish? Play the newest game by Freeverse that has the most realistic looking fish you can find in any aquarium game for your device. Purchase fish eggs and after they hatch your fish will mature allowing you to either sell them for profit or breed them with the fish of your friends to come up with beautiful and exotic species. Clean your tank and feed your fish throughout the day as well as purchasing amazing decor to place in your tanks. Collect items to release beautiful sea creatures such as mermaids, stingrays and more. Gamezebo’s Fantastic Fish quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, tricks, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Fantastic Fish is a free application that can be downloaded by clickinn the “Get It Now!” link at the top of this page.
- Once you load the game you will be asked if the game can send you push notifications. These may include alerts, sounds and icon badges. These can be configured at any time in the settings area of your mobile device. If you choose “Don’t allow” you can go into the settings area of your device and change this at any time.
- Next you will be given the option to sign in or sign up for Plus+.
- If you are already a member of Plus+ you will be able to sign in and incorporate any friends you have from other Plus+ games into Fantastic Fish so you will have automatic neighbors. You can choose a new user-name or use your Plus+ user-name in the game.
- If you are not a member of Plus+ you will be given the option to join. It is free to join and will connect you with people all over the world playing games on mobile devices. All you will be asked for is a user-name, email, and a password you choose.
- You will next be taken on a very brief tutorial of the game that shows you how to clean the screen, purchase and hatch a fish egg, feed a fish and sell a fish. All this and more will be covered in this guide.
Here you will see an image of the game screen and the main menu explaining what each element is for and how to use it.
- Level/XP Indicators – Here you will see how many XP you have earned and what level you have reached in the star.
- Currency Indicators – Here you an see how many coins and clams you have on hand to spend at all times.
- Game Menu – Tap on this crown button to expand the game’s main navigational menu shown in the second image above.
- Each time you earn a specific number of XP you will level up in the game.
- Leveling up is great because you unlock many new items in the store under all the categories and you will earn clams in varying amounts which allow you to purchase higher end fish or decor.
- You will see a “You leveled Up” message. Be sure to tap on the “Alright” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- There are two types of currency used in the game.
- Coins – These are the basic game currency and you can see how much you have by tapping on the screen and in the upper left corner you will see either a panel or currency indicators. You will also see these when you shop in the store.
- You are given 1,000 coins to start the game.
- Clams – Clams are the higher end currency which give you more exotic and fancy fish and will speed up processes such as egg maturation and breeding times.
- Purchasing additional Clams – You can purchase more clams as an in app purchase which will bill you via your iTunes account. Tap on the “Store” button and then to the right tap on the “Get Clams” button.
- Free Clams – There is also a button for “Free Clams” at the right of the store menu which will allow you to earn free clams for downloading and opening specific apps from the iTunes store.
- You are given one clam when you start the game and each time you level up or if you choose wisely in the treasure hunting chest you could choose clams by choosing a bubble with a clam inside. (See “Treasure Hunting” below)
- Use clams sparingly especially in the beginning of the game.
Cleaning Dirty Fish Tanks
- You will be able to clean your own and your friend’s fish tanks when you visit them if they need cleaning.
- There will be a green algae type substance on the screen and sometimes a message along the top left of the screen telling you to clean the tank.
- Simply swipe your fingertip all over the screen until the green algae disappears and you will be given a cash reward.
- The game tutorial will take you through purchasing an egg, waiting for it to mature and selling the fish once it reaches maturity. This only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
- Tap on the crown button at the top right of the screen which opens the game menu.
- Next, tap on the “Store” button and you will see the store menu open. There are several tabs along the top which show the different store categories available. The menu will automatically open to the fish menu and you will see there is a free goldfish available to get you started. Tap on this button and you will be taken back to your tank.
- Tap anywhere at the top of the tank and the egg will drop to the bottom of the ocean floor. Once this happens you will need to tap on the “Alright” button with the green check mark at the top right corner of the tank.
- Note that you can see the fish through the egg and that there is a blue outline moving around the egg. This is a timer of sorts and one it completely circles the egg it is ready to hatch.
- You can also tap on the egg at any time to see its progress. You will see a magical creature such as the mermaid holding the egg and at the bottom left of the screen you will see a countdown timer which tells you how much time is available until the egg will hatch.
- Instant Maturation – Clams can be used at any time to speed up the maturation time of a fish. Tap on the “Finish Now” button at the bottom right of the screen and then verify you wish to spend the clams. Your fish will instantly hatch and the clams will be deducted from your main total.
- As soon as any egg hatches you will need to feed your fish immediately.
- Note – You are only allowed to purchase five fish at a time. Once they hatch you can purchase five more if you choose.
- You can feed your own fish and your neighbor’s fish when requested. Feeding fish will always earn you XP or Experience points which are what helps you to level up.
- If fish are hungry you will see a little thought bubble with a jar of fish food. Fish are always hungry after they hatch from eggs.
- To feed your fish all you have to do is tap on the tank and each tap will release a piece of food.
- If you have several fish keep tapping until you see the a message appear in the center of the screen that says, “Fish Fed”
- If you are not in the game and have push notifications set you will be notified each time your fish are hungry via a message on your device.
- Note that fish that are hungry stop growing so be sure to keep them fed at all times.
Hunting for Treasure
- Note there is a treasure chest inside of your tank.
- At specific intervals you will be allowed to tap on this chest and several bubbles with a “?” will appear on the screen.
- Tap on one of these bubbles and what ever is behind it is the treasure you have won.
- Note that the treasure chest now says “Come back Later” When this message disappears and the chest is again closed you can tap on it again to choose more treasure.
- You could win fish, coins, decor, or clams from the treasure hunting feature.
Purchasing Items/Adding Decor items to your Tank
- Tap on the crown button at the upper right and then on the “Store” button below it.
- The tutorial will take you through a few steps to allow you to purchase a toy robot decor item for your tank.
- Tap on it to choose it and you will be taken back to the water.
- Next, drag the robot with your finger to its chosen location. Note that you can make it appear closer up or farther away based on how you move your finger on the screen. Be sure to play around with this until you get the feel for it.
- One you have the robot where you want it tap on the green arrow above it to lock in the changes.
- Once in the game store there are tabs along the top showing the different categories such as decor, backgrounds and more.
- Each time you purchase decor items you will earn additional experience points which will help you to level up faster.
- Moving Items in your tank – To move an item or redecorate your tank tap on the “Design” button in the main menu screen. Next, tap on any item you want to move and drag it to the new location. Tap on the green check mark to lock in any changes.
Checking your Fish Progress/Statistics
- The free Goldfish you were given should be grown by now so tap on a fish to see how he or she is doing.
- You will be taken to a screen such as the one shown above and in the upper left corner you will see your fish’s name and breed.
- At the bottom left you will see a meter showing how old your fish is. It will be in meter form if the fish is still growing and will say “fully grown” with a birthday cake if your fish is fully mature.
Selling Your Fish
- Tap on any fish to see its statistics and note that you can sell a fish at any time.
- If you sell a fish before it is fully mature you will give up profits.
- Note that under the “Sell Fish” tab at the bottom center you will see two sell amounts.
- The first one is what you can get if you sell right at this moment before the fish is mature and the second amount is the maximum you can earn for the fish if he or she is fully grown.
- Tap on the “Sell Fish” button and the coins will instantly credit to your account.
- You can use these profits to purchase even more fish.
Adding and Visiting Friends
- Tap on the crown button at the upper right of the game screen and when the menu expands tap on the friends button. (Each button is labeled)
- This will take you to a screen that shows your friends and what level they are at in the stars under them.
- The little figurines with the square heads are game avatar characters.
- Your avatar is always the first one on the far left and to return to your tank tap on your game avatar.
- You can purchase clothing, and change the physical attributes of your avatar by tapping on “Customize” in the upper left hand corner.
- Use your finger to scroll right to left to look at your friends.
- Adding Friends – If you have no friends listed tap on the Plus+ button and then tap on “Friends” you can add any of your Plus+ friends to your game by tapping on the “Add” button next to their names or you can add a friend by tapping on the discussion button where people list their user IDs and ask for friends. Enter their name and tap on Add to add these people to your friend list.
- Once you have friends established look for those that have money next to them such as the one in the image above and tap on their game avatar and you will be taken to their tank.
- There are two ways to earn money when visiting neighbors. You can either clean their tank, feed their fish or both. This is done the same way you clean and feed in your tank. You will be told you have won a coin award and will be taken back to the friend menu when you tap on the “alright” button with the green check mark.
- Continue to do this with any neighbor that can earn you money and then tap on your own game avatar at the far left to return to your tank.
Breeding your Fish/Sending Breed Requests to Friends
- You can breed your fish to form what are called “Exotics”
- Tap on the fish you wish to breed and then tap on the “Breed for Exotics” button at the far lower right.
- Next you will be taken to a screen of your friends that all have single fish available to breed. (They will have hearts next to them)
- Any fish that can breed with your fish will be shown and many people my request your neighbor to breed this fish so they will have to choose. The arrows on the sides let you scroll through any available fish. TIP – It is sometimes best to not choose the first fish shown as many people may request this fish and decrease the odds yours will be chosen. Scroll down several fish and choose that fish to breed with as less people will probably add a request to this fish.
- Next tap on the button at the bottom which says, “Choose Me” to choose the fish and another button will appear asking you to send a breeding invitation.
- You will see a disco ball appear over the fish and once you send the breeding invitation the screen will move back to your tank.
- If you see a green bar over your fish this means someone has accepted your breeding invitation. Tap on the fish to accept it.
- Now you will see a heart icon hovering over a fish that is in the process of breeding.
- Each fish takes a different amount of time to breed depending on their species.
- Once the breeding is completed you will need to tap on the fish and an egg will go into the egg area.
- Next you will need to tap on the crown menu then on the “Egg” button where you will find the egg stored until you place it in the water.
- Tap on the button and then tap on the tank to release the egg.
- Once the egg settles at the bottom of the tank tap on it to see how long it will take to hatch.
- Once it hatches you will see it swimming in your tank. Tap on it to see how old it is and how much it can sell for etc.
- Breeding Collections – Complete collections of each species of fish You will be notified if you breed a fish that is part of a collection.
Accepting a Breeding Invitation
- Once you have been sent a breeding invitation you will see a screen such as the one shown above.
- Tap on one of the two buttons at the bottom right of the screen.
- One says, “No Thanks” and one says “Breed Fish”
- Tap on “Breed Fish” to breed them.
- Now you will see a countdown clock showing how long until the breeding is completed.
- “Finish Now” – Tap on this button to use clams to finish the breeding session immediately. This can cost at least ten clams or more.
- Once the fish finish breeding you will find the egg in the egg area of the main menu. You will need to place it in the tank and wait for it to hatch as all the others. Tap on the egg to see its progress at any time.
- Tap on the map icon in the main menu and you will be taken to an area where there are several different seas for you to raise fish in. Tap on the “Map” icon in the main menu to access the this menu.
- The first sea is the “Emerald Sea” which is free.
- Next you will see the “Ruby Sea” and as you scroll right there will be several others.
- Each sea is unlocked by purchasing it.
- Be sure to save your money so you can unlock these beautiful locations.
- Use this screen to toggle between these locations once unlocked.
- Once you reach level 12 in the game you will be able to unlock magical creatures for your seas.
- You must collect three items which are listed along the bottom of the screen and you must purchase the creature.
- The first creature is the Mermaid “Shelley” which costs 50,000 coins and the next item is the “Sea Dragon” which costs 100,000 coins to unlock.
- It takes a long time to reach this point of the game.
- You an access this area by tapping on the store icon and then on the top tab that has a mermaid on it at the far right of the screen.
- If you see a tiny television icon hovering over a fish simply tap on the fish and you will be taken to an advertisement that is a sponsor of the game.
- Tap on the red “X” in the upper right corner to exit the screen or tap on the ad if you wish to look at the product or possibly purchase it.
- Each advertisement also features a game tip along the top of the screen so be sure to read these game tips when available.
- Usually two fish at a time will show this advertising TV and once they disappear they will come back again at a later time.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Fantastic Fish for the iPhone and iPod Touch by Freeverse. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!