Tap Bistro – Game Introduction
Tap Bistro is a restaurant game from Gameview Studios for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Food preperation is the name of game here, and you’ll need to satisfy all your little customers to keep them coming back for more. With the help of Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll learn all the necessary tips, tricks and cheats you’ll need to run a successful Bistro.
Quick Start Guide
- To install Tap Bistro onto your device, you’ll need to click the “Get it Now” button at the top of this page.
- Now that the game is installed, simply tap the icon on the home screen of your device labeled “Tap Bistro“.
- Note: You will need a constant internet connection to your device to play Tap Bistro.
- Once the game has launched, you’ll need to choose whether or not your chef is male or female. To choose, simply tap on the male or female image.
- Upon entering your bistro, you’ll automatically be given an award of free bonus coins. Tap the check mark to continue playing.
- Now a bistro wouldn’t be that good if there was no food to serve, so now we’ll talk about the cooking dishes mechanic.
- In your bistro, you start out with a few ovens which you can cook dishes in. To begin cooking in them, tap on an empty stove.
- A Cook Book menu will now pop-up with several items for you to cook if you wish. As you are only level 1 at the moment, only Popcorn is available for you to cook. As you level up, you’ll be able to cook even more dishes all the way up to fancy spaghetti or tempura udon.
- To begin cooking your dish, tap the “Cook” button. You’ll then be given details on how the dish will cook. Popcorn will cook in the microwave, for instance.
- Now that you have set the popcorn to cook, it will take a few minutes to complete. Once the dish is done, you’ll need to tap on the oven, and then the “Move” button to move it to the serving counter for customers to enjoy. The chef will automatically move the dish once you tell him to.
- At this point, you have likely leveled up for the first time and gained a few rewards out of it.
- After you have moved a dish from the oven, the oven will need to be cleaned before it can be used again. Tap on the oven to have the chef clean the oven.
Managing your Restaurant
- You’ll likely quickly find out that your customers in Tap Bistro aren’t exactly the cleanest people in the world; so maintaining your restaurant is a must.
- Trash will sometimes accumulate on the floor. Tap on the trash to remove it and earn a few coins.
- Having plenty of tables and chairs is also necessary to run a great restaurant. After all, who wants to come to a restaurant to eat standing up?
- To add more tables and chairs, tap on the arrow icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. This will bring up the “My Bistro” screen where you can purchase new items for use in your restaurant, as well as power-ups.
- Tap on decorations and you’ll be shown another menu with several categories to choose from. You can choose from Chairs, Tables, Floors, and other decorations. For now, let’s just buy a new table by tapping on the table category.
- Here, you are shown a selection of tables to choose from. As you can clearly tell, tables vary sharply in price. Generally, the fancier the table, the more expensive it will be. Once you’ve found a table you like, tap on the Buy button below it to purchase it. Drag the table to where you’d like it to be then, tap the table to finish placing it.
- Now, place a chair next to the table using the same method above.
Neighbors & Workers
- Every day you play, you should visit your neighbor for an additional bonus. Bring up the arrow menu, then tap the “Neighbor” button to visit the neighbor and collect your daily bonus.
- Without help, running your own restaurant can be both disastrous and tiring. Luckily, you can hire help to lessen the load on yourself.
- To hire new workers, tap the “Hire Help” button in the My Bistro menu. From here you can decide whether or not to hire a Waiter or Waitress. Once you’ve decided, you’ll be taken to another menu that shows you the cost of hiring this worker. If you are not a high enough level, your only available option may be to purchase the help with Bistro Bucks.
- As you play Tap Bistro and level up your restaurant, you’ll likely notice that you are unlocking new types of cooking appliances. To cook higher level dishes, you’ll need to purchase some of these new appliances.
- To buy new appliances, open the My Bistro menu, then tap “Appliances”. You’ll be shown the different categories of appliances such as Stoves, Grills, and Ovens. Before purchasing any of these appliances, make sure you have unlocked a dish that can actually use them. Otherwise you’ll waste coins by purchasing a stove or grill you can’t use yet.
Expansions & Spoiled Dishes
- Expanding your bistro will be necessary as you gain a following for your excellent food, and expanding will be necessary to keep your menu as fresh as possible.
- To expand your restaurant, open the My Bistro menu and tap the Expand button. You’ll now be shown a menu with a few options for expansions. If you haven’t reached level 5 yet, you won’t be able to expand using just coins and will need to use Bistro Bucks.
- Spoiled dishes can be quite a problem if you forget about a dish that you’ve had cooking. No worries though, as you can just use the Un-spoil option to recover those lost dishes and keep your customers happy.
- Un-spoiling is easy as all you have to do is open the My Bistro menu and tap the Un-spoil button and then select which dish you’d like to un-spoil. Un-spoiling does require Bistro Bucks so you should be careful not to let your dishes spoil or things could get expensive quick!
- You have now completed the quick start guide for Tap Bistro on iPhone and iPod Touch. As always, be sure to keep checking back in for more reviews, previews, guides and more from Gamezebo!