Cover Orange – Game Introduction
Cover Orange is an iPhone game developed by FDG Mobile Games that tasks players with protecting cute little oranges through physics based puzzle gameplay. Gamezebo’s Cover Orange strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips and tricks, hints and cheats on how to best survive this delightful puzzler.
Quick Start Guide
- Cover Orange can be downloaded from the App Store by following the “Get It Now!” link at the top of this page.
- The game utilizes Apple’s Game Center service to keep track of highs scores and to award achievements for various in-game actions. If you already used Game Center and have set-up an account, you will be signed in automatically.
- To start with, you’ll only be able to access the first five levels of the first world. As you complete levels new ones will open up, but the only way to start playing in the next world is to complete all of the available levels.
- As the name of the game implies, Cover Orange is all about covering oranges. Using the tools at your disposal, you’ll need to keep the orange (or oranges, depending on the level) safe from the rain.
- Each stage has a certain number of items that you can drop into the level, and the items are made available in a specific order. Each item also has its own abilities. A barrel, for instance, is tall, and good for building structures. A box is good for blocking off holes, while wheels are good for pushing objects (including the oranges) wherever they need to go.
- Each stage also has a line, which can’t be crossed when dropping items. If you attempt to cross it, the game will simply not allow you and mark the object with an X until you raise it above the line. But to help you out a pair of dotted yellow lines will reveal the path of the object, so you can get a better idea of just where it will fall.
- In addition to the items, you’ll also need to deal with various environmental hazards. If anything touches a bomb, for instance, it will explode, often causing other nearby objects to fire into the air. There are also objects that move, such as wheeled carts, and swinging chains.
- Once you drop all of your objects, after a brief moment, a rain cloud will come floating in. This cloud drops black droplets of rain, which can kill your orange(s). One drop and they’re dead. When building structures keep in mind that the rain drops can fit through small openings and they will often bounce off of objects in unpredictable ways.
- In addition to death by rain, there are also two other ways that your oranges can die, forcing you to start the level: falling down a hole will kill them, as will being too close to an exploding bomb.
Walkthrough – Levels 1-10
- To help you better understand the kinds of puzzles in Cover Orange, the following tips will show you how to complete the first 10 levels.
- Level 1 – in this level all you need to do is drop the box at exactly the same spot that it starts at. Once dropped, the box will create a roof protecting the orange in between the two barrels.
- Level 2 – this level is quite similar to the first. To start, drop the first box across the two barrels to create a roof. Then, drop barrel beside the uncovered orange before dropping the second box across the top to create a second roof.
- Level 3 – drop the wheel directly in the center of the level, which will push the two balls out. The balls will then hit the boards, pushing the oranges down the middle. Then, simply drop the box to cover them up.
- Level 4 – drop the wheel just to the side of the ball in the upper left hand corner, just enough to nudge the ball over the edge. The ball will then fall and hit the bomb, causing it to explode and shoot the rocket ship riding orange to safety.
- Level 5 – this level features an orange on top of a board, which is resting on three balls. First, you’ll need to drop the barrel so that it nudges the right side of the board, which will cause the orange to roll to the left side of the screen. Then, drop the second barrel directly beside the orange, blocking it in, before dropping the box on top to create a roof.
- Level 6 – use the wheel to push the orange into the pit. Then take the barrel and drop it on the plank underneath the box full of chain links. This will cause the links to spill, covering and protecting the orange.
- Level 7 – this level is all about timing. An orange will start out rolling to the left, and you’ll need to drop the wheel just as the orange leaves the ramp, pushing it to the right and towards safety.
- Level 8 – stack the first box and barrel on top of one another on the left opening of the structure. Then, use the wheel to nudge the orange through the right opening and inside the structure. Finally, use the last box to close up that right side hole.
- Level 9 – in this level all you need to do is drop the wheel so that it knocks the orange on the left side underneath the L-like structure. The rain does the rest of the work, knocking down the Ls and creating safe areas for the oranges to hide. However, the rain does drop somewhat randomly and sometimes bounces off and kills the right orange, so you may need to replay the level a few times before betting the right bounce.
- Level 10 – use the wheels to knock the oranges underneath the wood plank. You’ll need to act quickly, though, because if you don’t the oranges might come out the other side. After that, drop the two barrels on either side of the plank to block out the rain.
- You’ve completed the Cover Orange quick start guide for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Now you have all the skills necessary to keep all of those adorable oranges safe and sound. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for our extensive coverage with reviews, previews, guides and more.