Geared 2! Game Introduction
Geared 2! is an puzzle game from Bryan Mitchell for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Building on the foundation of the original Geared game, Geared 2! challenges your mind and reflexes like never before. Thanks to Gamezebo’s quick start guide, you’ll be solving puzzles like mad.
Quick Start Guide
- In order to get started in playingGeared 2! for your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you’ll need to first purchase it by clicking the “Play Now” link above.
- Once you have downloaded the game, you’ll need to run it from your device’s home screen. On your device’s home screen, tap the icon labeled “Geared 2!” The icon should have a hamster running through a yellow gear.
- Now that we are in the game, you will immediately be taken to the first stage. If it looks a bit overwhelming at first, don’t panic – we’re here to help.
- This first stage is labeled “Welcome” and shows you the basic mechanic you will be using for the remainder of the game. The idea is to make all of the gears that are on screen turn continuously at the same time.
- To perform this first task, you will see a small inventory at the bottom of the screen. This area houses all available gears for you to use while playing. To use a gear simply tap or hold on it, then move it to where you would like to place it.
- As you are moving the gear across the screen, you’ll notice that it changes color based on where it is. The gear will turn green if it can be placed where it is (simply release your finger to place it) or red if it cannot be placed. Having this visual cue helps to determine where you should place the gear better.
- In this first puzzle, place the gear provided in your inventory directly between the yellow and blue gear. Refer to the screenshot above if you’re still not sure.
- Now that you’ve completed your first puzzle, we can move on to more advanced techniques that will help you further.
- As you continue on playing Geared 2!, you’ll come to understand that there are several different kinds of puzzles you’ll come across. Learning about how to complete these complex puzzles will be a vital asset to your success.
- Let’s jump to level 1-11, which has what I call a “dead zone.” These dead zones are represented by a rectangle that has several X shapes in them. What these indicate is that you may not place a gear within them. However, you may drop a gear from above them and into them if you wish.
- For puzzle 1-11, you will need to pick up the gear from your inventory and drop it above the gap of the two gears below the dead zone. The gear will fall into the dead zone and in place. Refer to the screenshot above if you are stuck.
- Other obstacles make their appearance in Geared 2! such as the brick wall seen in level 1-15. In this level, you have a brick wall blocking you from reaching the blue gear from the yellow gear. To connect the gears, you’ll have to build gear towers on both sides of the grid and connect them at the top. See the screenshot below for an example on how to solve it.
- As you advance in levels, you will come to unlock new worlds that open up new levels. Each world contains 20 new puzzles for you to complete.
- Starting with world 2, you will unlock a new obstacle that I call the “directional gear.” These special gears will move in the direction that is depicted by the arrow once their path is clear.
- A perfect example of the directional gear is in level 2-2. In this level, there are two directional gears on opposite ends of the play area. To take advantage of these gears and win, you’ll have to properly take into account where each gear will end up. To win this level, you’ll need to move the bottom gear (with the up arrow) first, then allow the other gear (with the left arrow) to move afterwards. This strategy will allow a chain to form and make completing the puzzle very easy.
- Most of world 2’s levels will involve moving the directional gears and using them to your advantage so keep that in mind when it comes to the other puzzles.
- World 3 introduces another special gear that represents the sun and moon. Once one of the moon gears is placed properly, the sun gear on the grid will then light up and work just like any other gear.
Creating Your Own Levels
- While you are within a level at any time, you can hit the Menu button in the bottom right corner to access the options within the game. One of the options shown is the “Level Editor” which allows you to build your own levels to share with your friends and the world.
- On your first level, you’ll start out with a blank canvas. To bring in gears, tap the green + at the bottom of the screen. From here, you can select which gear you’d like to place on your level. Start out by making a simple puzzle to become accustomed with the controls and concepts required to make the game.
- To add a gear to your puzzle, tap it on the menu then drag to place it on the board. If you’d rather put the gear in the inventory for the player, drag it down to the bottom area to place it there.
- For each level to be playable, you will need to have at least one blue gear and one yellow gear. Your level will also have to be able to be completed in order to finish it.
- Once you are satisfied with your level, tap the green arrow to bring up the menu and select “Play” in the bottom right corner. Now you must complete the level to show it is indeed possible to do so.
- Once you’ve completed the level, you have the option to submit it to the web for approval. If you decide to submit the level, you’ll need to assign a name for it and then agree to the terms shown as well.
Playing User-Created Levels
- Now that you’ve made your own level, you can try out levels that others have completed as well. Tap on the Menu button, then on “Play User Levels” to access the list of user levels.
- You’ll be able to play from a list of 10 levels, which you can switch out at any time by hitting the trash can next to the level and then selecting “Download Levels” to bring in a fresh set of levels.
- To play a level, tap on its name to start. Once you’ve completed the level, you’ll be shown your score and other statistics. You may then hit “Next” to play the next user level if you wish.
- One last note: The developer has promised many new levels to come in future updates, so keep checking your App Store for the latest updates on Geared 2!
- You have completed the Quick Start Guide for Geared 2! Now you should be able to complete the puzzles that stand in your way in no time. Keep checking back to Gamezebo for all the latest updates, previews, reviews and more!