Tap Zoo: Christmas – Game Introduction
Tap Zoo: Christmas is a holiday version of the original Tap Zoo simulation game developed by Street View Labs where you can create a virtual zoo amidst a Christmas wonderland. Purchase and breed all types of animals, build attractions and reinvest your profits to keep expanding and building your Christmas zoo wonderland. The more attractions you add the more visitors will come to see the animals all decked out in holiday splendor. Gamezebo’s Tap Zoo: Christmas strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips, tricks, and hints on how to play your very best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Tap Zoo: Christmas is designed to be played on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
- You can download the app for free by following the link at the top of this guide.
- Once you download the application you will be taken through a brief tutorial which will help you quickly reach level 2 in the game.
- There are 2 types of currency in the game. Coins and Snowflakes. Coins are the basic game currency earned from your Animals and Snowflakes are used to purchase higher end items or decrease times so items will complete faster.
- You begin the game with 300 Coins, and 1 Snowflake.
- Your Zoo will receive a grade you can see at the top right side of the screen. As you clean your Zoo and increase attractions, animals and rangers this grade will increase from a “C” to an “A”
- TIP – Do not spend your coins on decor for your Zoo right away. Invest only in animals and breeding them until you are well established and pay to expand your Zoo’s land as soon as possible so you can place more items and earn more income.
- Each time you level up in the game you will unlock animals, support structures, and decor you can purchase and will be awarded a large coin bonus.
- You can purchase additional Snowflakes and Coins by tapping on the icon at the upper right corner of the game screen. You can also earn free Snowflakes and coins by downloading and installing certain iPhone or iPad apps.
- Each time you level up you will earn a large coin (100 Coins per level) and XP (Experience Point) Bonus. XP are what causes you to level up in the game and can be found in the top center of the game screen next to the Holly Leaves.
- You will begin with a Starter Zoo shown in image above. Tap on the button at the lower right to reach game menu.
- NOTE – This game has items that can be purchased for real cash. If you do not want this feature you can disable it in your device’s settings area.
Game Screen Elements
- A. Currency Indicators – Here you will see how much of each type of currency you have in the game. There are 2 types of currency Gold Coins and Snowflakes. You will begin with 300 Coins and 1 Snowflake.
- B. Level/XP (Experience Point) Indicator – Here you will see how many XP you have and what level you are on. As the gold bar reaches the right side of the meter you will reach the next level and earn a large coin and XP award that increases the higher the level you reach.
- C. Zoo Grade – Here you will see your Zoo’s overall grade. This reflects how happy your Zoo patrons are. Add more animals, decor, buildings and support structures to improve your grade.
- D. Music Toggle – Tap on this button to toggle the game sound on and off.
- E. Purchase additional Currency – Tap on this button to purchase additional currency for use in the game. Your purchases will be charged to your iTunes account. You can also reach this from the Main Menu under “Coins and Snowflakes”
- F. Main Menu Button – Tap on this button to see the Main Menu which allows you to navigate around the game and your Zoo.
New Day Reward
- Once every 24 hours when you log into the game you will be awarded a daily Reward of coins. This amount is determined by the Grade of your Zoo. The higher the grade the more coins you will be awarded in the Daily Reward.
Zoo Grade/Zoo Status
- Each Zoo earns a grade which is found at the upper right side of the screen.
- To increase your Grade add more animals, restaurants, and decor to your Zoo.
- The more you build up your Zoo the happier your customers and the higher your grade.
- To see your Zoo statistics tap on Main Menu then on “Other”, then on “Status”
Placing Animals, Decor, and Support Structures in your Zoo
- Once you tap on the button at the lower right of your screen you will see the game’s main menu shown in image above.
- Tap on “Animal”
- The first animal you will be able to afford is a Turkey. There are over 50 different animals available once you level up and unlock them.
- Tap on the main menu button at the bottom right of the screen and when the Menu appears, tap on “Animals”
- Tap on the Turkey option and note that the Turkey will earn you 20 Coins and 2 XP every 5 minutes. You will also earn 1 XP for purchasing the Turkey.
- Each type of animal will cost either coins or Snowflakes and has a different amount of money it will earn you over a different amount of time. Be sure to read carefully before you purchase.
- Next you will be taken back to your Zoo. Drag your finger along the now snow covered land and you will see a shadow version of your animal. Tap two times quickly to lock the animal into the location you want to place it.
- NOTE – Tap on an animal at any time and at the bottom of the screen it will tell you how much time is left before you can collect.
- NOTE – You won’t be able to purchase any different animals until you reach the next level which shouldn’t take too long once you collect a few times.
- As you reach more levels you unlock more items which you can purchase.
- NOTE – Tap on the Turkey in the buying menu again and you will add a second Turkey right on top of it which means you have added it to the cage. Each animal earns money for you individually.
- You will see a small number at the bottom of each attraction which shows how many of each breed is in the cage. NOTE – You will also see how many of each animal you own in the buy menu.
- Support Structures – Support Structures are things such as restrooms, restaurants, Gift Shops, and things of that Nature. You do not earn money from Support Structures on your Zoo but you do earn large amounts of XP for purchasing them which will help you to level up faster and will increase the rating of your Zoo and increase the number of visitors.
- Christmas Decor – You do not earn money from decor on your Zoo. You will just earn large numbers of XP for purchasing decor items. You will have to wait until certain levels are reached before items are unlocked and can be purchased.
- NOTE – If you tap on an animal in your or your Neighbor’s Zoo you can see its animation.
- Moving Items around your Zoo
- If you want to switch the items in your Zoo around then tap on “Main Menu” then “Other” then on “Move Tool”
- You will be taken back to the Zoo and will see the “Move” symbol at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the item you wish to move and it will take on a shadow quality. Use your finger to move the item to its new location.
- Once the item is in the correct location, double tap on it to lock it into place.
Collecting Money from your Animals
- Animals are the only item that can earn you money in the game.
- Since each animal earns you money at a different amount of time you can tap on the animal and at the bottom left of the screen it will tell you how long it will be until you can collect.
- Once it is time to collect you will see a gold coin over the animal’s cage.
- Tap on the Animal to collect the money and in the tutorial as soon as you collect from the Turkeys you will automatically make it to level 2 in the game which earns you a 200 coin and XP bonus.
- Animals with a longer wait time make the most money for you.
- Animals you purchase with Snowflakes make more money for you than those purchased with Gold Coins.
Breeding Animals for your Zoo
- Breeding Animals is a great way to increase your income as each animal in a cage earns you money individually.
- Tap on the button at the lower right to reach the main menu then tap on “Nursery”
- Next you will see the Nursery which has a nest with a padlock over it. Tap on the padlock and agree to pay 100 coins to make it disappear thus unlocking the Nursery slot. To unlock additional Nursery slots (Nests) you will need to pay 50 Snowflakes which you will have to purchase in the additional currency area. If you do not wish to do this you will only have one Nursery slot to use at a time.
- Once you have an empty nest tap on it and the Nursery Menu will appear with any unlocked animals you can purchase.
- NOTE – You MUST have 2 animals of one breed in a cage before you can breed them. Next to the Turkey you will see “(2 Owned)” which means you can breed the Turkeys.
- Once you tap on the Turkey Option you will be taken back to the nursery where you will see an egg inside your unlocked nest. There is a timer counting down from one minute over the egg. Once this reaches zero your baby Turkey is ready to be born.
- Once the animal is ready you will see the message “Place in Zoo” under the egg. Tap on this message and the baby Turkey will be added to the cage with its parents. You should see the tiny number increase to “3” at the bottom of the cage.
- As you level up in the game you will be able to breed more animals.
- NOTE – If you wish to spend 1 Snowflake you can breed an animal instantly without having to wait for it to hatch.
Cross Breeding Animals
- Once you reach level 5 in the game you will be able to cross breed animals to form unknown surprise breeds.
- Once you hit level 5 go to the Main Menu then tap on “Cross Breeding” You will be taken to a Breeding Menu showing which animals you can Cross Breed. You will see some require you to reach certain levels before you can unlock them for cross breeding.
- Cross Breeding is very expensive so be sure you have an established Zoo before you begin this process.
- You will see 2 Breeding Slots each with a padlock on them.
- Tap on the padlock and it will ask you to pay 99 coins to unlock the first Cross Breeding Nest. The second Cross Breeding Nest will cost 65 Snowflakes to unlock.
- Once you unlock the Breeding Slot tap on the empty small box at the left. This will bring up the animal menu.
- You can only cross breed certain animals with other specific animals and they will be listed.
- In this example a Turkey can Cross breed with a Vixen Reindeer which you must own both to cross breed.
- In the second empty small box on the right tap on it then again from the Animal Cross Breeding Menu choose an animal you can cross breed the first animal with. In this case the Vixen.
- Next, tap on the center box to Cross breed the animals.
- A message will come up telling you the cost to breed the animals. In the case of the Turkey and Vixen it costs 15,000 coins to cross breed them.
- Once the breeding is completed you will have a special animal for your Zoo. Once you have 2 of the special animals you can breed them the normal way.
Cleaning Trash from your Zoo
- Once you collect coins from the Turkey Tutorial you will notice that there is trash on the ground in your Zoo. In Tap Zoo: Christmas the Trash is Christmas items such as Candy Canes, holly leaves, Christmas Ornaments and Presents.
- Tap on the trash with your finger and you will earn varying amounts of coins for each piece you tap on.
- If your Zoo becomes too dirty less people will visit your zoo and your overall Zoo rating will go down.
- Tapping on trash is a great way to earn easy income so check back into the game frequently.
- You can invite Neighbors directly from your Facebook friend list by logging into your Facebook account from the “Social” menu. If you do not have an account you can get a free one at //www.facebook.com
- You can also use your contact list from the Social Menu which allows you to send email invitations to your friends with iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices.
- You can also register your email address with the game which allows others to find you easier. Tap on the Main Menu then “Other” then “Account” to sign up for this feature.
- To visit your Neighbors tap on the Main Menu then tap on “Visit Neighbors” at the top right of the screen.
- NOTE – If you have a Facebook account you can log into it and any friends playing Tap Zoo: Christmas will automatically be added to your friend list. If you do not have a Facebook account you can sign up for a free on here – //www.facebook.com
- Once you find yourself in your Neighbor’s Zoo you will see a problem listed under their name. Tap on their name and you will be taken to their Zoo.
- You can use your finger to drag the screen around and see their Zoo.
- You will once every 24 hours see a problem with your neighbor’s Zoo. It could be sick animals, a fire or several other problems you will need to solve.
- In the example above it states, “The Great Clam and Reindeer Dancer is sick” Scroll around the Zoo with your fingertip until you find the Clam and Reindeer each with a thought bubble with a first aid kit over it. (Any sick animal will have a first aid kit thought bubble over them) Tap on the First Aid Kit to cure the sick animal.
- You will earn a coin and XP bonus once per 24 hours for helping your Neighbor. You can visit their Zoo again in the same day but can only earn a reward once per day so be sure to check back each day.
- Tap on the button at the bottom right of the screen to go back to your Zoo.
- Happy Holidays! You have completed the basic game play guide for Tap Zoo: Christmas for IPhone, iPad and the iPod touch by Streetview Labs. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!