Lost Horizon – Game Introduction
Welcome to the Lost Horizon walkthrough on Gamezebo.com. Lost Horizon is a point-and-click Adventure game for the PC developed by Animation Arts and published by Deep Silver. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints, and a strategy guide on how to complete Lost Horizon.
How to Play
- On the Main Menu is a theater with movie posters for the following: Load Game (a previously saved game), Options (adjust sound, graphics quality, and gameplay preferences), Credits, and Cinema (replay video scenes you’ve already seen). To start a New Game, click on the theater doors.
- Skipping Dialogue: To advance a video or line of dialogue, click the right-mouse button.
- Minigames: may not be skipped, however, for some puzzles you can choose between easy or challenging. Solutions to both are provided below.
- Moving & Scrolling: Click on any part of the screen to let your character move there. Sometimes, the scene is larger than what can fit onscreen. Move your character to the edge of the screen to scroll the scene sideways.
- Viewing Hotspots: When entering a new location, click on the Examine Scene button (the magnifying glass). It will show you all the hot spots visible on screen – not all of them will be useful, though.
- Task Assistant: Clicking the “!?” icon on the bottom right starts the assistant. It sums up what has happened so far, and reminds you of the objective you need to achieve in order to progress.
- Interacting with Objects: Hover your cursor over an object to see its name and what action you can take with it. A right-button icon means you can only examine it (by right-clicking). A two-button icon means you can examine it (right-click) AND interact with it (left-click) through various actions: pick up, talk to, move, use, etc.
- Using & Releasing an Item: Click on an inventory item to pick it up, then move it around the screen. If the cursor changes into a two-button icon, it means you can use the inventory item on that area. If you can’t use an object, click the right-mouse button to release it back to your inventory.
- Inspecting an Object: Whenever you acquire a new object in your inventory, it’s good practice to inspect it with the right-mouse button. Inspecting an object gives you important information about it, and sometimes even breaks up the object into smaller, more useful parts.
- Combining Objects: Combine objects in your inventory by picking one up and then clicking on another. The cursor will change into a two-button icon when the object is over another combinable object.
- Wrong Choices: Don’t worry, you can’t die in this game, and you can’t make any wrong moves either. Regardless of the dialogue or action you choose, the outcome will be the same.
Walkthrough – Prologue
- Take the artefact from your inventory.
- Place it on the stone pillar in the center of the room.
HONG KONG, NIGHTCLUB
- Choose all the first responses when talking to the girl.
- She gives you her room number, and distracts Mun Tong while you escape.
- Skip to the next location.
- If you choose any other response, the girl leaves and you have to deal with Mun Tong on your own.
- Pick up the bottle of absinthe from the table.
- Pour the absinthe into the wok.
- Use your lighter on the wok.
- Kick the serving cart.
NIGHTCLUB, BACK DOOR
- Pick any response.
- Use your lighter to soften the tar on the right wall.
- If you have the napkin with the girl’s room number, wipe the napkin on the softened tar.
- If you have the cork from the bottle, wipe the cork on the softened tar.
- Plug the tarred napkin or tarred cork into the hole (under your hand).
- Right-click on your wallet to inspect what’s inside.
- Use the coins to unscrew the hinge.
- Use the hinge to remove the lid.
Chapter 1: A Missing Friend
- Go all the way left.
- Enter Fenton’s office.
- After meeting Lord Weston, you’re back at the airport.
- Talk to Gus and ask for his help. Pick up the bellows.
- Go to the city. On the map, select the nightclub.
- Go to the back alley. Enter the back door to the nightclub.
- Talk to Shen, the barkeeper. Ask about Yen Wuang.
- Talk to Nianzu, the old man at the table. Ask him to help you find an old friend.
- Walk left to the back door. Go to the city map and select the airport.
- Go all the way left and enter Fenton’s office.
- Pick up the measuring tape and the alarm clock.
- In your inventory, inspect the clock to get the key.
- Try to open the safe.
- Exit the office, go to the city map, and select the harbour.
- Leave the boy and exit to the city map.
- Go to the Governor’s Palace.
- Examine (right-click) the tree on the left.
- Try to take the ball from the tree.
- Inspect your alarm clock if you haven’t done so yet.
- Use the key to wind up the alarm clock.
- Hide the set alarm clock in the rubbish bin on the far right.
- Take the ball from the tree.
- Exit to the city map and go to the nightclub.
- Examine the swarm of flies over the rubbish bin.
- Combine the ball and the measuring tape.
- Tie the ball and measuring tape on the rod above the cat.
- Use the bellows on the swarm of flies.
- Go to the harbour.
- Use the fly-filled bellows on the light beside the boy.
- Go to the airport.
- Go left into Fenton’s office.
- Inspect your wallet to get the safe combination.
- Use the note with number to unlock the safe.
- Click on the safe to get the photo of Wuang.
- Exit the office and go to the nightclub.
- Enter the club through the back door.
- Show the photo of Wuang to Nianzu.
- Exit the club through the back door.
- On the city map, select Wuang’s house.
- Enter through the front door.
- Take the bamboo from the flowerpot.
- Knock on the door on the left.
- While Mun Tong is out cold, take the hanger from the closet.
- Go downwards to the other side of the room.
- Exit the red door to the balcony.
- Combine the bamboo pole and the hanger.
- Use the pole with hook to reach for the lantern.
- Enter the red door to go back in.
- Exit to the inner corridor.
- Hang the lantern on the nail hook above the flowerpot.
- Examine the window.
- Go back inside to get Kim.
- Talk to Kim in the front of the truck. Tell her to Step on it!
- Immediately talk to Kim again. Tell her, Hit the brakes!
- Use the pole with hook to get the broken piece of glass.
- Use the broken pole to reach for the glass again.
- Tear a piece of tarpaulin with the broken piece of glass.
- Combine the broken pole and the rag.
- Give the pole and rag to Kim in the truck.
- Switch to Kim using the character icon on top.
- Take the key hanging from the rear view mirror.
- Use the pole and rag on the cigar lighter.
- Give the torch and key to Fenton on the loading ramp.
- Switch to Fenton.
- Unlock the crate with the key.
- Click on the crate to take some fireworks.
- Insert the fireworks into the motor.
- Light the fireworks with the torch.
- Take the parachute, pumpkin, canister, and bag of flour.
- Carve the pumpkin with the fixture on the wall.
- Pour water from the canister into the holey pumpkin.
- Pour the bag of flour into the pumpkin filled with water.
- Kick the door open. Look outside the door.
- Throw the pumpkin filled with flour mush at the fighter plane.
Chapter 2: The Secret in the Mountains
HIMALAYAS, CRASH SITE
- Pick up the propeller blade and the sled.
- Use the propeller blade to pry open the crate.
- Click on the crate to take its contents.
- Walk to the left path.
- Use the horn on the snowdrift to collect some snow.
- Place the snow-filled horn on the smooth rock.
- Combine the lid and the sled.
- Use the sled with cover to slide down the furrow.
- Use the propeller blade on the upright wing. Take the wing hull.
- Click on the cockpit to take useful items.
- Use the pieces of broken record on the pilot’s jacket.
- Right click to read the document. Examine the title, the text, and the seal.
- Pick up the wing lying on the ground and position it over the crevasse.
- Walk across the crevasse and back to the crash site.
- Go upwards to the upper path where the argali is.
- Combine the lambskin and the sled with cover. Combine the folding table and the sled with lambskin.
- Present the fake sheep to the argali.
- Pick up the horn and leather strap.
- Take the incense sticks as well as some weird lumps (argali dung).
- Go back to the German plane.
- Combine the argali dung and the horn.
- Place the argali dung in horn on the fire from the plane.
- Inspect the horn and leather strap.
- Wet the leather strap in the puddle.
- Return to the crash site.
- Place the wing hull on the ledge beside the plane wreck.
- Climb up to the ledge.
- Light an incense stick with the burning argali dung. If the stick burns out, simply light another one.
- Use the burning incense stick to wake Kim.
- Use the frozen leather strap to reach the parachute.
- Attach the parachute to the cockpit. Click the parachute to pull the ripcord.
- Walk to the right side of the truck.
- Read the warning sign.
- As Kim, go to the truck. Take the rope and the newspaper. Open the crate. Take also the warning sign.
- Walk left to the barracks.
- Place the warning sign on the holes in the snow.
- Go back to the crevasse. Drop everything in your inventory into the crevasse, except the documents and warning sign.
- Switch to Fenton.
- Pick up some chunks of ice.
- Light the gas burner with the glowing cigar butt. Light the incense sticks with the lit gas burner.
- Place the burning incense stick on the passageway.
- Enter the leftmost passageway.
- Pick up the pocket knife. Use the pocket knife on the log.
- Add the chunks of ice to the pot and lid. Seal the ice-filled pot with sticky tape. Stick the wood chip onto the sealed ice-filled pot.
- Throw the newspaper onto the rubbish. Light the crumpled newspaper with the lit gas burner.
- Place the pressure cooker with ice on the fire.
- After it pops, take the pot.
- Combine the rope with the broken horn. Toss the grappling hook up to the crevasse. Climb up the grappling hook.
CAMP & TENT
- Open the case to get a hand grenade from inside.
- If you don’t have the pot in your inventory, go down into the crevasse and take the pot. Climb back up.
- Go right towards the generator shed. Place the sealed, water-filled pot in the vent.
- Knock over the beam to trap the German soldier in the generator shed.
- Go into the tent.
- Take the tent peg and exit.
- Use the tent peg to open the toolbox.
- Combine the glue with the pieces of broken record.
- Assemble the pieces to complete the record. If you accidentally click on Back, inspect the record pieces to enter the mini-game again. There is no Skip option.
- Use the vice on the hand grenade. Apply the gunpowder to the glued record.
- Inspect the saw blade in cover to take it out of the cover.
- Apply glue to the empty cover. Stick the newspaper to the glued empty cover.
- Put the fixed record inside the empty cover.
- Go into the tent again. Put the fixed record in cover on the pile of records.
- Talk to Thomas about everything.
- Take the soldier’s uniform. Use the keyring on Thomas.
- Exit the tent. For now, the only item in your inventory is Thomas.
- Go to the truck. Put Thomas in the truck.
- Use the keyring to unlock the door on the left. Go inside.
- Pick up the pencil and some forms.
- Listen to the tape reel using the tape recorder.
- Examine the list on the left wall. Note Object 28.
- Use the pencil to write on the blank form. Select “Eye of the Kanjur”.
- Go out the door, walk upwards and give the completed form to the German soldier.
- Use the tent peg on the signpost to remove the signs.
- Pull the lever. Talk to Kim to ask her to stand on the platform. Then, pull the lever again.
- Go up the path to the monastery.
- Click the bird’s nest to get the egg shell.
- Go left to return to the crossroads.
- Use the egg shell on the oil puddle.
- Go back up to the monastery.
- Place a wooden plank on the drain. Then, place the other wooden plank on the dragon’s claw.
- Use the tent peg to dislodge the prayer wheel.
- Use the tent peg on the gap, on the left side of the entrance.
- Place the signs on the wooden wheel, then click the wheel to turn it. Keep adding signs and turning the wheel, until all the signs are used and the door is fully open.
- Go through the side entrance.
- Oil the pulley using the egg shell with motor oil.
- Click the pulley to raise it up.
- Hang the prayer wheel on the pulley.
- Lower the pulley to pick up the tin.
- Open the tin with the tent peg.
- Drop the disgusting meat onto the wooden slab.
- Lower the pulley to pick up the knapsack.
- Inspect the knapsack.
- Apply glue to the torch. Combine the compass and the torch with glue.
- Focus the torch with magnifying glass on the kennel.
- Combine the baking powder with the canteen. Cap the foaming canteen with the canteen lid.
- Toss the capped foaming canteen onto the snow slab.
- Click on the strange chest.
- Trace the wires from each connector to its plug. Attach the plug to its matching adapter e.g. connector 1 plugs into adapter 1, and so forth.
- The solutions are the same for both easy and challenging variations. The challenging variation has tinier, longer wires, but they end up in the same place as in the easy variation.
- Examine the western wall.
- Use the prayer wheel on the rightmost ornament.
- Click on the mosaic.
- Spin each mosaic tile to complete the image of two dragons. The dragon above is twice as long as the one at the bottom.
- The solutions are the same for both easy and challenging variations. The easy variation has the correct side tinted gold, whereas the challenging variation has no color hints.
- Enter the secret room.
- Examine the symbols around the room.
- Ask Kim to translate the symbols.
Chapter 3: Race Against Time
- Go up the alley to the bazaar.
- Take the north exit on the upper left.
- Take the crank from the well.
- Enter the gendarmerie. Ask about Professor Hayes, and then exit.
- After talking to Hayes, go left to the bazaar and back to the alley.
- Enter the antique shop and go downwards to the rear.
- Speak to Monsieur Lacoste about the case. Walk to the front and exit the shop.
- Speak to the jeweller. Sell the professor’s ring and get 5 francs.
- Talk to the snake charmer about the music and the flute.
- Go to the bazaar and turn right to the desert.
- Use the well crank on the sparkling stones.
- Click on the trough to take some hay.
- Go back to the city and up the alley.
- Talk to the jeweller about selling a crystal.
- Return to the gendarmerie.
- Ask the gendarme to stamp the form.
- Exit to the car.
- Place the polished quartz on the crank holder. Position the hay where the ray of light falls.
- Give the well crank to Professor Hayes through the cell window.
- Combine the stamp and the application form.
- Go back to the antique shop and give the stamped form to Monsieur Lacoste. Take the small case from the shelf.
- Return to the gendarmerie. Give the small case to Professor Hayes through the cell window.
- Head over to the bazaar.
- Examine the poster on the rightmost wall.
- Talk to the greengrocer.
- With your 5 francs, buy the half melon.
- Use the well crank to carve out the half melon.
- Go to the dyers’ shop. Use to melon rind on the barrel of clean water.
- Return to the snake charmer in the alley. Give him the melon filled with water.
- Head over to the desert. Play the flute for the camel.
- Click on the far right to go across the desert.
- On the map, go to the Berbers’ fairgrounds. If the Berber festival is not on the map, you’ll need to read the poster in the bazaar first.
- Go back to the city.
- Talk to the cloth merchant about djellabas. With your garment ticket, take the white djellaba.
- Enter the dyers’ shop and speak to the dyer about dying your djellaba blue.
- Exit to the desert. On the map, select the oasis.
- Talk to the nomad about the indigo.
- Go back to the dyer to give him the indigo and get your blue djellaba.
- Return to the Berber festival.
- Go left, past the wrestling tent, and enter the shaman’s tent.
- Ask about your future, the performance, and the thorn-apple plants.
- Go back to the desert and to the oasis. Pick some plants and head back to the Berber festival.
- Enter the wrestling tent. Present yourself to the promoter and tell him yes.
- Go into the wrestling tent again. Drop the thorn apple blossoms into the bucket. Tell the promoter yes, you want to try again.
- Go back to the city.
- Click on the thimblerigger’s stand. Say yes, you want to play a game. For the practice round, select the middle cup.
- Once bets are placed, it doesn’t matter which cup you choose — you’ll still lose.
- Use the well crank to break the small, empty case. You get an ornamental gold ball.
- Try the thimblerigger’s stand again.
- Give the ornamental gold ball to the thimblerigger.
- Use your gold detector on all three cups. Choose the cup with the detected gold ball (first round – the right cup).
- Say yes to a rematch. Repeat the gold detecting sequence and choose the correct cup (second round – the left cup).
- Go to the gendarmerie and talk to the gendarme.
Chapter 4: Into The Lion’s Den
- Enter the museum. Talk to the workman about everything.
- Inspect the info sheet to learn that Glenn is competing.
- Click the cardboard box to ask for the stuff inside.
- Look inside the rubbish bin for useful items.
- Examine the devil sheep. Use the broken bottle neck to cut off the argali’s whiskers.
- Exit and go to the city. On the map, select the Olympia Stadium.
- Inflate the old rubber glove with helium from the gas bottles.
- Inspect the dried bouquet to get the florist wire.
- Combine the florist wire with the horrendous balloon animal.
- Go to the city. On the map, select Pariser Platz.
- Talk to the tourist about photography bans.
- Take the napkin on the table. Inspect the napkin to know the name of the café: Erika.
- Wipe the ketchup with the napkin.
- Tie the horrendous balloon animal on string to the pram.
- Pick up the lolly from the ground.
- Exit to the city and go to the museum.
- Examine the drainage. Use the sticky lolly to pick up the shiny object under the grate.
- Examine the advertising pillar. Take the loose poster.
- Enter the museum.
- Examine the double doors to access the doorknob.
- Smear the ketchup-covered napkin on the doorknob.
- Press the poster against the doorknob.
- Exit the museum and go back to Pariser Platz.
- Rub the sticky lolly on the ketchupped poster.
- Place the sticky, ketchupped poster on the traffic sign.
- Tell the tourist about the No Photography sign. Take the tourist’s camera.
- Click on the journalist’s jacket. Talk to the journalist to ask if you can borrow it.
- Go into the telephone booth to make a call. Ask for Café Erika – if it isn’t an option, inspect the napkin to get the café’s name.
- Go to the Olympia Stadium.
- Click on the hat, and then talk to the organ grinder about his hat.
- Combine the sandpaper and the lid. Trade the polished metal bowl for the hat.
- Use the sticky lolly on the whiskers.
- Go to the stadium entrance.
- Go into the locker room.
- Click the rubbish bin to get a bottle of cleaner.
- Click the trainers to get shoelaces.
- Take a coat hook.
- Use the coat hook on the ventilation grill. Enter the ventilation shaft.
- Pick up a dumbbell.
- Examine the table. Pick up the table tennis balls and the measuring tape.
- Examine the shelf. Place the coat hook at the foot of the shelf. Tie them with shoelaces. Use the dumbbell on the tied coat hook.
- Use the coat hook with sharp edge on the lockers’ metal panel. Take the suit inside.
- Exit via the ventilation shaft.
- Use the broken bottle neck to cut the measuring tape. Then, use the broken bottle neck again to trim the 1-metre measuring tape.
- Combine the cleaner with the table tennis balls. Place them in the rubbish bin.
- Dip the 75-centimetre measuring tape into the melted table tennis balls in bin. Then, attach the 75-centimetre measuring tape with glue to the cut measuring tape.
CATACOMBS & STADIUM
- Exit the locker room and go upstairs to the stadium.
- Go back down to the catacombs.
- Place the dried flowers on the flickering lamp.
- Insert the small torch into the torch holder.
- Take the measuring tape from the judges’ table to swap it.
- Take the barrier. Place the barrier on the doorway to the reception.
- Click on the cloakroom to take a scarf.
- Examine the table. Take the champagne bottle and the champagne glass.
- Inspect the champagne glass to find a cork and wire frame.
- Inspect the cork and wire frame to separate the two parts.
- Use the wires from champagne room to unlock the wall cupboard.
- Look inside the wall cupboard to get a mop and acid.
- Use the hydrochloric acid on the door on the right. Open the door.
- Open the red box to take the metal handle.
- Go back up.
- Use the metal handle to open the display case.
- Look inside the display case to get a piton.
- Go back to the lab.
- Combine the piton with the white scarf.
- Attach the hook on scarf to the mop.
- Use the long hook to reach the large console.
- Put the cork into the champagne bottle.
- Aim the corked champagne bottle at the small console.
- Replace the metal handle on the red box.
- Take the fire hose. Tie it to the railing.
- Click the fire hose and point it at the small room.
- In the office, pick up the briefcase.
Chapter 5: Deep Behind Enemy Lines
WEWELSBURG, TRAIN STATION
- Talk to the train station attendant. Any response will do.
- Click on the sign to clear it, and then examine it. Also, examine the info board.
- Examine the memorial cross. Take one of the candles.
- Use the burning candle to cut the rope (you can also use the steel cable).
- Take the axe. Use the axe to remove the lantern.
- Put the burning candle in the lantern.
- Use the axe to cut the chain on the gate.
- Enter the mine.
- Stick to the top part of the maze and keep going right.
- When you hit a wall, follow the rail tracks downward and to the right until the tracks run out.
- Take the path to the bottom right to find a skeleton.
- Pick up the pot beside the skeleton.
- Go back up, and at the crossroads turn right to the cobblestone path. Follow that path up and round till you reach the stairs.
- Go up the stairs.
- Open the curtain. Take the dirty mirror and nutcracker.
- Use the nutcracker to remove the hook.
- Pick up the hand drill.
- Go up the stairs.
- Take the tin soldiers, candle holder and wild boar pelt.
- Click on the suit of armor to get the gloves.
- Go back down to the workshop.
- Drop the tin soldiers into the pot.
- Place the pot filled with tin soldiers on the fireplace.
- Pour the pot with molten tin into the empty candle holder.
- Remove the tin in candlestick using the hand drill (or the threaded hook).
- Exit the secret door to return to the train station.
- Use the pot to take some water from the rain barrel.
- Insert the coin-shaped tin wafer into the sweet dispenser.
- Dissolve the lemon sweets into the pot of water.
- Pour the pot of lemon water on the wild boar pelt.
- Clean the dirty mirror using the pelt soaked with lemon water.
- Go back into the mine, and up to the corridor.
CORRIDOR & BALCONY
- Go outside to the balcony.
- Loosen the telescope with the hand drill.
- Go back inside.
- Screw the threaded hook into the crack on the wall.
- Hang the clean mirror on the hook.
- Use the telescope on the clean mirror to read the inventory.
- Return to the balcony.
- Take a closer look at the village using the telescope.
- Examine the church to figure out which way is north.
- Go back inside.
- Remove the clean mirror from the wall.
- Take the hook.
WORKSHOP & ROOF
- Go down to the workshop.
- Place the lemon-soaked pelt on the fireplace.
- Examine the chimney to see the ladder rungs.
- Use the gloves to climb up the ladder rungs.
- Make your way along the roof to the North tower.
- Use the hand drill on the stone slab.
- Screw the threaded hook into the stone slab with drilled hole (note: if you weren’t able to take back the hook, you’re out of luck – you’ll have to quit without autosaving, and then resume from your last saved game).
- Turn the crank wheel to lower the chandelier. Turn it again to lift the slab.
- Go down into the opening.
- Examine all the 4 lecterns. Learn about morphogenetic fields.
- Put the Eye of the Dragon on the lectern with the Piri Reis map (the last lectern you examined).
Chapter 6: The Eye of the Tiger
- Pick up one of the bundle of reeds. Take the bamboo pole and chicken feathers.
- Place the bundle of reeds on the fire pit. Take another bundle of reeds.
- On the left side of the village, pick up the basket, clay jug, and pot shards.
- Cut up the broken basket with the pot shards.
- Examine the white fur under the hut.
- Go left to leave the village.
- After talking to the old man, leave the village to access the jungle map.
- Select the unknown destination.
- Pick up some herbs and mushrooms.
- Go to the path on the right, and back to the village.
- Go to the hut. Ask the old man about the stones and the mushrooms.
- Use the flint stones on the reeds on fire pit.
- Put the sedative mushrooms in the broken clay jug. Boil the jug of mushrooms on the burning fire pit. Use the cloth to remove the clay jug on fire pit.
- Combine the thin wooden sticks and the pot shards. Add the chicken feathers to the stick with arrowhead.
- Dip the small dart in the jug of tranquiliser. Combine the tranquiliser dart with the bamboo pole.
- Use the herbs to lure the goat out. Tie the stitching on the little goat. Tie the leashed goat to the large tree.
- Leave the village.
SWAMP & VILLAGE
- Click on the tiger to lure him to the village.
- Use the blowgun with tranquiliser dart on the tiger.
- Dive into the lagoon to discover the shark.
- Take water from the lagoon using the broken clay jug.
- Exit to the path and go to the swamp.
- Climb up to the plane. Look into the cockpit to get a box.
- Inspect the cardboard box. Inspect the radio.
- Use the small crank to unscrew the cover.
- Climb down. Go to the village.
- Pour the jug of water on the blood stains on the ground.
- Soak the cloth with the wet blood stains.
- Return to the lagoon.
- Connect the cable to the radio.
- Tie the blood-covered cloth to the radio and cable.
- Drop the radio, cable and bloody cloth into the lagoon.
- Attach the small crank to the radio and bait.
- Dive into the lagoon.
- If you run out of air, dive in again. Take as many diving attempts as needed.
- Pick up the metal rod.
- Use the broken clay jug on the ground to collect some mud.
- Examine the gate to see a recess. Examine the recess.
- Go to the swamp.
- Cut the vine with the metal rod.
- Use the bundle of reeds on the severed vine (if you don’t have any reeds, take more from the village).
- Go back to the lagoon.
- Cut away the plants with the metal rod.
- Examine the stone column to see the carving.
- Brush the oil-soaked reeds on the carving.
- Soak the empty cardboard box in the lagoon.
- Press the wet cardboard on the oiled carving. Click on the cardboard covered carving.
- Pour the jug of wet clay into the cardboard mould.
- Go to the village.
- Put the cardboard mould with wet clay on the burning fire pit.
- Use the metal rod to pick up the clay on fire pit.
- Return to the lagoon.
- Dive into the lagoon.
- Insert the clay shape into the recess.
- Pick up the 6 round stones. 3 stones are on the floor.
- Click on the 3 bottom murals to find the other 3 stones.
- Examine all the murals if you wish to learn more about Shambala.
- Look closely at the stone in the center of the room.
- Insert the 6 round stones in the holes.
- Push the stones until all remain down. See above screenshot for solution.
- Take the artefact.
Chapter 7: The Heart of the World
- Switch back and forth between Richard and Fenton in this chapter.
- Actions that Richard takes in the past will cause changes to the scenes in Fenton’s present.
- Fenton: Exit the room to see a river blocking the path.
- Richard: Exit the room. Kick the stones impeding the stream.
- Fenton: Take the pebbles beside the stream. Try to move the stone pillar.
- Richard: Take the pillar on the right. Use the metal post on the stalagmite (or the stalactite).
- Richard: Enter the room on the right. Pick up the square stone and exit.
- Fenton: Enter the room on the right to find the army and Kim.
- Kim: Examine the table. Try to reach for it.
- Fenton: Pick up some crystals. Exit the room.
- Fenton: Go back to the room with the discs. Try feeding a pebble to a stone head.
- Richard: Return to the room with discs. Lift the stone slab. Take one of the gears out. Place the square stone on the stone pedestal.
- Fenton: Examine the gears to see one is missing. Take the stone block from the stone pedestal.
- Richard: Look in the pile of shards to get a nut. Take the torch beside the exit. Exit the room.
- Richard: Enter the room at the back. On the map, select the Southwestern cave (the room with lava).
- Richard: Attach the torch to the chain. Lower the torch on chain to the lava. Exit the room.
- Fenton: Go to the stream. Try to dig the mound of soil.
- Richard: Go to the Northern cave (where the stream is). Use the metal post to loosen the mound of soil. Shift the mound of soil to reveal a coffin. Use the burning torch on the coffin.
- Fenton: Open the coffin. Look inside the coffin to get a bone.
- Richard: Go to the Southeastern cave (the room with ice). Break off an icicle. Place the icicle in the tub. Melt it with the burning torch. Immerse the wooden gear in the tub.
- Fenton: Go to the Southeastern cave. Place the 3 crystals in the 3 recesses. Pick up the tail piece of dragon amulet. Try to get the gear in the tub.
- Richard: Immerse the chain in the tub.
- Fenton: Pull on the tub. Go to the room with lava.
- Fenton: Lower the frozen gear wheel on chain into the lava. Examine the symbols.
- Fenton: Combine the hollow stone and the chain. Lower the hollow stone on chain into the lava. Place the lava-filled stone in the recess.
- Richard: Go to the room with lava. Examine the symbols. Place the nut and the wet dirt in the right bowl.
- Fenton: Place the bone on the left bowl. Take the body piece of dragon amulet. Return to the room with the discs.
- Put the wooden gear back with the other gears.
- Feed the pebbles to the stone heads to make the discs turn.
- The left stone head turns the small and large discs. The center stone head turns the small and medium discs. The right stone head turns the small disc.
- Keep feeding the stone heads until the red markings on the discs are aligned with the red marking on the platform.
- First, feed the left stone head until the large disc’s red line aligns with the red on the platform.
- Next, feed the center stone head until the medium disc’s red line aligns with the red on the platform.
- Last, feed the right stone head until the platform opens up.
- Take the head piece of dragon amulet from the platform.
- Combine all 3 pieces of the dragon amulet.
- Go to the room where Kim and the Nazis are.
CENTRE OF SHAMBALA
- Fenton: Focus the dragon amulet on the force field.
- Kim: Kick the table. Reach for the shards of glass.
- Fenton: Aim the dragon amulet at any 2 platforms.
- Kim: Pick up the broken piece of glass. Use the glass fragment to cut the ropes.
- Fenton: Aim the dragon amulet at the remaining 2 platforms.
- Kim: Choose your preferred fighting style. All the choices will result in the same ending (however, the cautious attack and retreat have the most dramatic cutscenes).
Congratulations! You have completed Lost Horizon. The Bonus features are now accessible from the main menu.
You’ll find the Bonus features area on the upper part of the building, above the theater doors and movie title. Here you’ll be able to:
- replay the final battle and explore all possible fight endings
- play a jigsaw puzzle and view a teaser for the next Nina and Max game (of the Secret Files series)
- access a fully playable prototype of Lost Horizon, starting out with a different story, with a beginning chapter not found in the final version
Be sure to click on “set an alert” on the top of this page to be notified of any updates, reviews, posts, tips, and cheats for Lost Horizon.
Have tips of your own? Post them in the User Tips + Cheats section.