Critter Island – Game Introduction
Critter Island is an Island paradise simulation game developed by Lolapps Games for Facebook. On Critter Island, you can create an amazing island paradise with all types of attractions, entertainment, and decor you can purchase and place anywhere you choose. As you earn money from your Island attractions you can reinvest that money to upgrade them so they will earn even more money for you. Your Tourists which happen to be adorable critters of all shapes and sizes, arrive by boat and aren’t shy about telling you what they want. Follow their advice and they will spend like crazy at your Island Resort attractions. Gamezebo’s Critter Island strategy guide and walkthrough will provide you with a quick start guide, tips, tricks, hints, and cheats on how to win.
Quick Start Guide
- Once you have a Facebook account you can reach Critter Island by clicking on the Facebook link at the top of the page.
- Be sure to click on the bookmark and the “Like” for the game’s page at the top of the screen.
- When you begin the game’s tutorial you will meet “Coconut” an adorable cat that will give you objectives as a tutorial in the game. If you follow Coconut’s objectives successfully you will level up to the first 3 levels quickly. Note that Coconut is at level 50 in the game and is your very first Neighbor before you start adding your Facebook friends. You will be able to earn money from her just like your Facebook neighbors once per day.
- Coconut will have you name your Island first so be sure to pick something great that you are happy with because you can’t change it once saved.
- You will be given a small Island, 80 Happiness Points, 7,000 Gold Coins and 0 Facebook Credits when you begin the game. You will be able to use Facebook Credits in the game to purchase higher end items or to upgrade items instantly. Some items can only be purchased in the to purchase Facebook credits and use them to purchase high end items in the game’s store.
- You can purchase additional Facebook Credits and Coins by clicking on the top right where the links are listed.
- In the image above you will see a listing of where items are located in the game with the key listed below.
- A. Level/Progress Indicator/Star Meter – Here you can see your Island’s Name, your current level and how many XP you have earned and need to reach the next level. Also, the Star meter increases as you click on the Stars the Tourists throw to you as tips when they are happy. Each Star is 1 XP and 1 Star point. Depending on your level you will need a certain number of stars to fill it. You can fill it once in 24 hours. The more stars you fill the higher your tips will become up to a max of 300% bonus.
- B. Custom’s Officer/ Popularity Rating – Click on your Customs Officer to open your Island for Business. Each time you do this it will cost 50 coins. You will be allowed to spend an additional 50 coins to extend the time if you wish. The Island will only stay open 2 hours at a time. This may increase in the future. Your Popularity rating is also listed here and the higher the rating the more tourists will visit your Island.
- C. Game Currency – Here you will see the 2 types of game currency and links to purchase more if you wish.
- D. Name Your Island/Meet “Coconut” for Objectives – Here you can name your Island and will meet “Coconut” who will guide you through a tutorial with objectives. Completing these objectives will get you through the first 4 levels quickly unlocking many items you can purchase and gift.
- E. Dock Master/Upgrade Dock – This is where your Tourists arrive and leave the Island. Once you reach level 10 you will be able to upgrade the dock and a larger boat carrying more Tourists will visit your Island.
- F. Island Shop – Click here to purchase Items in the 4 Categories of “Specials”, “Attractions”, “Decorations” and “Entertainers”
- G. Storage – This is your inventory trunk where you can place extra items by clicking on them and choosing “Storage” or if you receive a gift from a Neighbor it will automatically be found here when you are ready to place it on your Island.
- H. Coming Soon – Expand Island and Visiting Other Islands. These features are currently not available but will be soon.
- I. Game Settings – Here you will find the Zoom in and Zoom out buttons. Next to them you will see a suitcase which if you click on it you will see it expands and you can toggle the music and sound effects on and off as well as the picture quality.
- J. Neighbor Menu – Once you accept a neighbor’s invitation they will be found here at the bottom of the game screen. You can also invite new neighbors from this menu or at the top of the game menu.
- It is important that you log in daily to open your Island park and there is a “Dock Master” at the top left of the screen. You will need to pay 50 coins for 2 hours and an additional 50 every 2 hours.
- Once you hit level 10 you can upgrade the dock for 12,000 coins and can keep it open for 8 hours at a time. This may increase as you level up.
- Once you begin to add attractions to your Island tourists will begin to arrive. These are adorable “Critters” of all kinds and if you click on them you will see their (usually quite funny and clever) name and a little saying that lets you know what kind of attraction that tourist would like to visit. There is a meter that tells you how much they have spent and a happiness meter which you want to try and fill up at all times.
- Attractions can only serve so many critters at a time so upgrading is a must and playing the game often so you can collect coins is another way to level up fast.
How to Purchase and decide which attractions to place on your Island
- To purchase items click on the shop in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Your Tourists and your Objectives will tell you what kind of attraction is wanted. You will see little icons over their heads showing what they want and whatever icon you are seeing the most of or if it is in your Objective that is the one you should purchase and place on your Island.
- NOTE – If you see a Tourist with a Suitcase icon that means they are about to board the boat and leave.
- Here is a list of the Major Icons:
- “Chicken Leg” – Food
- “Pineapple Glass – Drink
- “Ticket” – Entertainment/Attraction
- “Shirt” – Souvenirs
- The shop is divided into 4 categories, Click on the one you want. Be sure to look in the upper left corner to see what type of item that attraction will sell.
- You will notice a padlock on some items. These can not be purchased until you reach a certain level in the game.
- Some items can be purchased with coins and some only with Facebook Credits and most with either.
- Click on the item and it will appear on your Island with a grid underneath.
- Place it on the island so that you see no red in the grid. Once it is all green then click on the spot and it will lock in place deducting funds from your total.
- Next you will see a box that says “Restock.” You will need to click on this box 4 to 5 times to fully restock the attraction with supplies.
- Now your Tourists will begin to visit and purchase items.
- NOTE – If you place your mouse over the attraction you will see how many customers it can take and once and what it pays out per customer.
- NOTE – If you click on an attraction a menu will appear with many options such as “Sell”, “Move”, “Upgrade”, “Restock” and more.
- If you do not like the placement of an attraction or your Island increases in size you can move it by clicking on it and choosing “Move” then following the steps above.
- You can also click on an individual tourist to see what he or she would like.
How to Upgrade your Attractions, Restock and Collect from them.
- Each Attraction can be upgraded a maximum of 3 times.
- Once you have an attraction in place click on it and a menu will appear with several options. Click on “Upgrade” and you will see the option to purchase the item in coins or in Facebook Credits and the amount of time it will take for the building construction to complete. While the building is under construction it can not take any customers so you may want to wait until you have several buildings in place before you start upgrading so there is a constant flow of income on your Island.
- When your attractions run out of supplies you will see a “Restock” icon appear above it. You will have to click on this up to 5 time to fill it up. Each click will represent a certain number of coins that will be deducted but also awards you with 10% of that deducted number as XP points which will help you to level up faster. For Example – if it costs you 160 coins to restock it will deduct 160 coins and add 16 XP to your score.
- You can also click on the attraction at any time and the menu that appears shows you a progress meter of items and you can restock by clicking on the bar in the menu several times until the meter is full.
- TIP – Before you leave the game for several hours make sure everything is fully restocked.
- Each building collects different amounts based on its upgrade level. Once your Island Park closes you will stop earning so it is a good idea to check back frequently and purchase the longest times available to keep your Island park open. It is very important to read the icons over the Critter’s heads as they are telling you what they want. If you don’t have enough of what they want they will be unhappy and tip much less.
- In the upper left corner under your Island name you will see 5 stars. As your Tourists tip you they will award you a certain number of stars based on your level. When you see these stars on the ground click on them quickly before they disappear. The minimum is 50 stars and by placing your cursor over the stars it will tell you how many more you can click on in a 24 hour period. The more stars that turn gold the higher your tips. The first star gives you 30% and it can go as high as 300%!
- Once all the stars turn silver you have used up all your bonus for the day and must wait until the next day to fill the star meter up again.
- TIP – Play the game for a while right after you have all gold stars filled as this is the time you can earn the most money in the game.
Visiting Neighbors – “Getting Lai’d”, “Re-stocking Supplies”, and sending Free Gifts Daily
- Once you have Neighbors you can visit them daily to earn coin bonuses by restocking their attractions and putting Leis on their Tourists.
- Look to the bottom of the game screen to find your Neighbors and click on them to visit.
- Once there if you see any restock icons over the attractions you can click on them and you will earn 10 coins and 1 XP for each click.
- NOTE – Even if there are no re-stock boxes over the attraction you can still click on it with the pull down menu if your neighbor needs anything.
- There is a daily limit to the amount of restocking you can do and a message will let you know when you have reached your limit.
- Also at the bottom left of the screen you will see an icon of a Lei with the number “3” next to it. Click on it and then click on any tourist that doesn’t have luggage in their hand and you will receive 50 coins per Tourist you “Lei”
- You can “Lei” 3 Tourists per Neighbor once every 24 hours and you can restock items in your Neighbor’s attractions until you run out of free stock once every 24 hours.
- When you are ready to go back to your Island click on home at the bottom left of the game screen or on another Neighbor to continue visits.
- You can send your Neighbor one free gift every 24 hours and they can send you one as well.
- Click on the send gift tab at the top of the game screen or on the bottom near your neighbor’s profile picture.
- As you increase in level more items unlock that you can send to your Neighbors. Anything without a padlock on it you can send.
- To accept gifts sent to you go to Facebook and click on “Home” then click on the middle right section to get to the gift page. Once you see the gift sent to you accept it and then you will find it in the storage chest at the bottom left of the screen next to the shop icon.
- You have completed the basic game play guide for Critter Island by Lolapps for Facebook. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!