Welcome to the Island: The Lost Medallion walkthrough on Gamezebo. Island: The Lost Medallion is a hidden object game for PC. This walkthrough includes tips and tricks, helpful hints, and a strategy guide to complete Island: The Lost Medallion.
Pam, a young archeologist, comes home from an expedition with an ancient medallion she found on an island where the forefathers of the Peruvian Indians lived. The next day, she appeared to have been kidnapped from the apartment she shares with her boyfriend, James. James still has the medallion and must now track her down with your help.
- There are 3 options available and they can be accessed on the main menu – full vs. windowed screen as well as music and sound volume.
- There is also a help section on the main menu in case you don’t want to follow the walkthrough.
- There is a “Hint” medallion on the right of the taskbar which is on the bottom in the shot above but will change back and forth from bottom to top during the game.
- Hints are unlimited but it takes 40 seconds for the medallion to recharge.
- Click on the medallion and then on the name or image of the item you want to find – if you change your mind, just click on the medallion again.
- Some items you collect will go into your inventory to be used to interact with other items in the scene.
- Pick the item up from your inventory and move it over the item in the scene and click to use it.
- If you want to put the item back in your inventory, right click on it or just click on its inventory place.
- Some inventory items are with each other – click on the first item and then on the next item to combine them.
- There is a notebook on the left of the screen – when it sparkles and you see the pen it means there in new information or tips. It has instructions for the mini games.
- Sometimes your cursor will change appearance when it is placed over what they call an “active zone” which means some sort of action should be taken.
- An “Eye” wants you to take a look at an object or area.
- “Gears” means you need to use an inventory item for something.
- A “Hand” wants you to grab an object for your inventory.
- Sometimes you will have to solve a mini game or puzzle to get to the next location.
- Instructions are in the notebook and the Medallion acts as a “Skip” button when it is fully charged.
- There is no timer nor is there a choice of play mode.
- Sometimes there will be a list of items to find which are not random.
- Some scenes will have what is called an “image oriented search” in which you will need to find a certain number of parts to complete an object.
- Other scenes will require you to place items from your inventory into the scene or use them in the scene.
- The task and menu bar will sometimes be at the bottom of the screen and other times on the top of the screen.
- Find all of the yellow marked items – click on the backpack and collect the item inside as shown in the pink insert.
- Click on the map on the wall to get to the safe – to open the safe you need a handle and keypad – place them on the safe and collect the piece inside.
- Once you have the drawer handle place it on the drawer marked in blue and collect the piece inside.
COMPUTER PASSWORD MINI GAME
- Place the items that are left in your inventory on the computer.
- James can’t remember the password – you will get a mini game to help restore it – see insert in the upper left corner.
- Your goal is to find all the letters on the top row – for more help read the notebook.
- The individual letters in the lower 4 rows will move – the tool above allows you to grab the moving letters that will create the password.
- The game is random and fast moving so if you get frustrated, you can skip the game when the medallion is full.
- Collect all the items on your list.
- Click on the item marked and yellow and your cursor will get gears – James thinks he can carefully cut it open so use the scissors from your inventory.
- There is a box inside as shown in the insert just to the left marked in green – use the key from your inventory to open it.
- Inside is a mini game to put an ancient parchment back together – see the insert on the far left.
PARCHMENT PUZZLE MINI GAME
- Swap the tiles of the puzzle until it looks like this solution which turns out to be an ancient winged goddess.
- Find all the color coded parts of the objects in your taskbar.
- Place the green marked cross on the box and it will open for you to collect a piece of the turquoise photo.
- Place the trombone on the owl – he will fly away so grab the photo piece he leaves behind.
- Click on the photo on the taskbar to bring up a mini game as shown in the insert in the upper right corner.
- Right click on the pieces to rotate them – be sure to press the pieces into position – when they are correctly placed they will become unmovable.
- When you have completed the jigsaw puzzle so that it looks like the solution above you will see there is a trap door in the floor.
- Click on the books on top of the hatch and they will move to where they are now – they are marked in yellow.
- Use the key from your inventory on the lock – blue sequence.
- Place the ladder in the hole that appears when the hatch is opened – I moved it over and made the green insert for you to see it open.
- The light will be dim when you go down the ladder but there is still a light bulb in your inventory – place it on the sparkling light socket – see the red sequence.
- Now that you have light collect all the yellow marked items which are on your list.
- There is a box marked in green in the center of the scene – when you have collected everything click on it to bring up a mini game.
CHESS BOARD LOCK MINI GAME
- The game is to let you be able to open the lock on the box and is random.
- The chess board shows the placement of the pieces and they correspond to the selections on the lock – a sample solution is shown above where Pawn = G, Knight = D, Castle = C, Queen = H
- Click on the chess pieces on the box and move them to the appropriate letters.
- When the box opens James finds a map to the island Pam was talking about.
- Find all the items on the list – they are marked in blue.
- You need to go inside the car to find some items – the items you need to collect are color matched – pick up what you can that is visible.
- The pink parts will get you the handle for the door to roll up the window and get part of the knife.
- The orange sequence will give you the knob so you can get to the vent.
- Once you have all the parts of the knife marked in white use it on 2 areas – cut the tape on the glove box and also use it on the already ripped part of the seat.
- The final red part for the magnet is in the glove box – use it on the vent to get a piece of the screwdriver and place it on the ripped seat to get another part for the screwdriver.
- The screwdriver is completed so use it on the screws on the steering wheel marked in yellow – the key is inside as shown in the insert.
- There is now a completed key in our inventory so put it on the bike and start it up – James is off to find that island.
- Collect everything on the list.
- Collect all the color coded pieces of the objects
- Open the blue cabinet to get part of the tape.
- Once it is completed use the screwdriver on the two screws marked in pink.
- In order to get the other part of the coin you will need to use the knife on the comb – 2 of the teeth will be removed as shown in the pink insert.
- Use the comb pick on the cabinet lock to get the rest of the coin as shown in the blue insert.
- The next step to get the boat started is in 4 parts – use the yellow coin on the 2 remaining screws to get the plate off the compartment because the screwdriver broke on the other screws.
- Secondly, skin the wires with the knife.
- The third process is to place the battery in the compartment.
- Lastly, tape the wires and you’re off and running.
- There is a bomb on board – the boat blows up and James is blown overboard.
- Pick up a few things underwater.
- James manages to grab a life raft so rows off to the island to find Pam.
THE ISLAND BEACH
- Collect as many pieces of the color coded objects as are visible.
- Place the fire ring, wood and spit on the fire circle.
- In order to collect the rest of the items you will need to use your metal detector.
- Pick it up and the metal finder will appear – place the metal detector over each of the sand mounds and the metal finder will show you what is underneath.
- Collect the 4 items that you find – you will now have a completed crowbar and pot.
- Place the pot on the fireplace and use the crowbar to open the box marked in blue.
- James was in search of food so collect the 5 tin cans of food marked in red.
- Collect the 3 playing cards marked in blue and all of the yellow marked items.
- Pour the water in the pot and use the matches to light the fire.
- Use the can opener on the food can and then pour the contents into the pot.
- Collect all the yellow marked items that are on the list – the list and bar are now back on the bottom.
- Use the machete where marked.
- Combine the matches with the torch and use it to find your way to your next destination – place the lighted torch on the lower portion of the pink square.
THE CAVE ENTRANCE MINI GAME
- Your goal is to navigate the maze without crossing your own path – the catch is that you need to pass over the stones in your path in order to activate them so you can enter the cave.
- Move the first stone through the maze to get to the end. If you don’t go a path that works, you can back him up.
- There is probably more than one solution but I followed this path and it worked because the solution follows.
- This is what it looks like when you’ve navigated the maze – this is the path I used as previously shown.
- Collect all the pieces of the stone symbols.
- Place the color coded symbols where they belong in the fresco.
SYMBOLS MINI GAME
- Trace each of the 6 symbols on the fresco as they appear as in the sample shown above – there will be a lighted starting point for each.
- If it doesn’t like what you drew, it will say “Try Again”.
- When you have completed all of the drawings or skipped the game the wings on the goddess will rise as shown in the insert – you will have activated the portal and be transported to your next location.
- Find all the color coded pieces – the final piece of lens is behind the bars so you won’t be able to get it as yet.
- Place the pink tripod on the circle and the orange crystal on top of it.
- Use the spear to get the last piece of the lens from behind the bars.
- Break the plaster off the spear with the stone – both are marked in red – hit it several times.
- The large white area has dew so use the bowl to catch some water.
- Place the lens and the bowl of water on the altar – the reflection will start a fire and burn the vines revealing stone circles on the floor.
MAYAN CALENDAR MINI GAME
- Click on the circles to rotate them and complete the image to look like the solution above.
INSIDE THE PYRAMID
- James finds himself inside a pyramid – there is a cage on the ceiling and Pam is inside.
- Collect all the marked items.
- You found something useful – cut the rope with the knife and use the hammer on the wall to find a way out.
- There is a complicated rope lock on the cage so click on it and play the mini game to open it.
ROPE MINI GAME
- The game is random – the red rope in the corner is your starting point – move the knots around so that there are no longer any red intersections.
- This is another solution but you only have to do it once to unlock the cage – again the red one is the starting point.
LOCK MINI GAME
- Click on the tile where you used the hammer to bring up a mini game.
- Rotate the connections until they look like the insert solution – make sure any straight connection pieces fit securely in the proper direction.
- The exit is now open so grab Pam out of the cage and leave.
- This is another game and solution but you only have to do one selection to unlock the cage.
THE ROAD TO ESCAPE
- Collect all the parts to the items marked in yellow.
- Use the handle on the winch and follow the pink sequence to get the last piece of dynamite.
- Use the shovel to find out what is under the pile – follow the blue sequence.
- Use the pink inventory items to blow up the rock pile and go on your way.
- Click on the tree at the right of the screen.
- Collect all the critters – there are 4 of each and they will be checked off as you find them.
REPEAT THE SEQUENCE MINI GAME
- Click on the door to bring up the mini game – repeat the sequence
- The sequences are random so I numbered the stones.
- More critters to collect in this scene – there are 4 of each that will be checked off as you locate them.
- There is nothing special to do with them after you collect them so I haven’t color coded them.
REPRISE OF REPEAT THE SEQUENCE MINI GAME
- Click on the door again to bring up the sequence mini game.
- Repeat the sequence to open the temple door – when you have completed it the eyes and mouth on the idol will open as shown in the insert and the door will open.
- Collect the color coded object pieces.
- Place the head on the stone idol and he will spit out the small piece of the golden disk – follow the green sequence.
- Place the plugs in the altar and collect the outer ring of the golden disk as shown in the orange sequence.
- Place the golden disk as shown.
- Place the crystals in one of the color coded spaces and they will disperse.
- While everybody is asleep James and Pam escape through the secret passage that opened up when the crystal were placed. They find themselves once again in the jungle where they come upon the wreckage of a dirigible that has been there since World War II.
BACK IN THE JUNGLE
- Find all the objects on the list and you will find a map to the main temple.
PATH TO THE MAIN TEMPLE
- Find all the stone bricks.
- Place all the collected bricks on the door.
- Once you have placed them as shown in the insert you will be given a close up view of the door and a mini game.
MINI GAME TO OPEN THE DOOR
- First off, the game is random and the instructions are shown in the insert – you can refer to the notebook to see them.
- There are 3 different colored puzzles to open the door – green, gold and orange which can be accessed using the red marked arrows.
- I admit that even after reading the instructions, I have no clue what we are supposed to ultimately do. Each dot represents “1” and the dashes represent “5”.
- If the top left green circle is 10 and the right part of that circle is +3, the total is 13 as shown at the bottom of that circle.
- The right circle shows 4+4 which = 8 as shown in the lower ½ of that circle.
- The object is to make the bottom circle work the same way so we have 2 + 2 which should equal 4 as shown in the solution row………then what????
- I made each color theme match the bottom circle and nothing happened – I tried it with different profiles and still no results so got super frustrated and pushed “skip”.
- If you figure it out, please go to Forum and share.
- At any rate, when it’s solved one way or the other the door opens.
- Click on the area marked in red. There is suppose to be a bridge but it isn’t there.
- Collect all the pieces of the items.
- Use the dagger to clear away the plant and collect the pieces in the yellow insert.
- Use the hammer on the loose stone.
- Place the staff in the red hole.
- The staff will illuminate the torch which will reflect to the stone eye so that the jaw will lower for you to collect another piece – see green sequence.
- Use the wooden shovel on the stone marked in red to collect the piece inside.
- When you have all of the pieces of the eye place it as shown in blue and the jaw will open as shown in the blue insert so you can grab the last piece of the fresco.
FRESCO MINI GAME
- Place the stars from the sky to light the crystal bridge – the bridge will start to show once you drag a few stars in the area.
- The fresco below shows where they go and the solution is shown above.
OTHER SIDE OF THE BRIDGE
- Collect all the pieces of the objects.
- Place the blue marked medallion where it belongs.
- Place each of the jars and thy will go to the indentation where they belong.
- Use the hammer on the rock marked in yellow to start the water stream.
- The medallion shines on the floor producing a pair of stone hands – collect them and use them to collect some water.
- Place the hands over each jar – it will produce a different color of light from each jar.
REPEAT THE SEQUENCE JAR MINI GAME
- Putting water in each jar brings up the mini game shown in the insert.
- The game is random so I have numbered the jars – there is a sequence for each jar so follow the light flashes.
- The door will open and you will be transported to a lily pond.
- Find all of the items on the list.
MATCH TWO STEPPING STONE MINI GAME
- Find the matching pairs of tiles until the board is cleared.
- At the end of the game you will have stepping stones to cross the pond.
- Collect all the pieces – use the completed lit torch to burn the vine and get the piece behind it.
- Place 2 disk on each side of the gate and they will lower to reveal the winged indentation – place it as shown in blue and the gate will start to open.
STONE GODDESS MINI GAME
- The object of the game is to either right click or left click on the warriors to direct their beams so that they cross the center statue.
- Upon completion the statue will then turn around and produce two other warriors in the water.
- It is a 3 part game and these are the solutions that worked for me but there has to be more than one way to cross the beams so have fun playing with it.
- The beams now need to cross through the two water warriors too.
- For the third phase you now have 4 outer warriors and 4 water warriors so the beams need to cross the center statue using all of the warriors.
- When you have completed your task, the statue’s wings will rise and the water will drain from the pool producing steps for James and Pam to descend as shown in the insert.
- Collect all the items on the list.
MINI GAME TO OPEN THE ANCIENT LOCK
- Four buttons must be pressed to open the door lock according to the instructions found in the notebook but I found that the entire set of buttons in the inner two circles need to be pressed – the solution is random as to the combination of the outer two circles.
- The outer two circles rotate and when they sparkle you have a correct combination to choose a button in the inner circles – they do not move and become dark when a correct one is chosen.
- Keep making combinations like the sample shown until you have selected all the buttons in the 2 inner circles that need to be pressed.
- The configuration of the two objects in the outer circles will give you a clue as to what the inner circle object looks like.
- When you have completed the game or skipped it you will see the scene above as dark – click on the yellow marked handles so they appear as above and give you this scene.
- Collect all the pink pieces of the objects.
- Place all the color coded objects where they belong and then watch the ending scenes.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE GAME AND SOLVED THE MYSTERY SURROUNDING THE LOST MEDALLION.