G5 Entertainment’s upcoming strategy building game Virtual City is launching later this week, but there’s enough time to sneak in a quick preview to whet your appetite.
- In Virtual City you’ll build the city of your dreams, whether it’s a residential paradise or a thriving industrial center. Tasks will include:
- Producing goods and delivering them to the shopping malls.
- Setting up mass-transit system to take your citizens to places like parks, cinemas and stadiums.
- Making your city a more eco-friendly and safer place to live by recycling garbage, adding hospitals and fire stations, planting trees, and upgrading buildings.
- Making citizens happier by launching spectacular public events.
- Trading with neighboring cities and constructing landmark buildings like the Marina, Train Depot, and Spaceship Launch Pad.
- Dealing with economic downturn, population crisis, and the consequences of natural disasters.
- Balancing the five key parameters of success: Time, Income, Environment, Population, and Happiness.
Virtual City offers more than 50 levels in five different locations: Colorado, California, Michigan, Montana and New York, as well as a Free Play mode with five large "sandbox" maps where you can unleash your inner mayor. Additionally, there will be more than 50 types of buildings to construct, 25 types of goods to transport and trade, 7 production chains to master, 16 special achievements to earn, and dozens of upgrades and buildings to unlock.