Comcast’s game portal rolls out new features; Sony’s free online role-playing game Free Realms hits 3 million users in 7 weeks; and according to a study, playing games at work might actually make you a better worker. These headlines and more below.
- Comcast.net Games portal rolls out new features
- OMGPOP introduces Hover Kart, new multiplayer racing game
- Report: Virtual worlds growth to skyrocket
- MMORPG Golemizer now available on Facebook
- LG prepping its own app store in Korea
- GameJacket closes
- GamesCampus.com’s ASDA Story kicks off summer with a $5,000 cash giveaway
- Can gaming make you a better worker?
- Can SNODS turn Twitter into a viable games platform?
- Virtual goods might not be real, but their purpose needs to be
- Social game company Zynga says it’s not planning for an IPO
- Free pricing triumphs as Free Realms online game hits 3 million in seven weeks
- Interview: Ngmoco adds publishing arm, Sega’s Jeffrey to lead
- ESRB on iPhone games: We can handle this
- Heyzap faces a couple challenges
- Study: Not all game ads work alike
- Recession? Not for video games