The Sims 3 sells 1.4 million copies within the first week of launch; Gamezebo interviews Playrix Entertainment’s Igor Bukhman; and an MTV Networks study concludes that casual games offer advertisers "more opportunities than ever." These headlines and more below.
- Casual gaming offers advertisers "more opportunities than ever"
- Innovative new social fashion game debuts June 15th: What To Wear
- eGmaes summons G.H.O.S.T. Chronicles to retail lineup
- Millions embrace The Sims
- EA’s MySims Racing hits store shelves this week
- Nintendo’s newest star shines in The Legendary Starfy
- WorldWinner players make "The Money List"
- Ubisoft confirms camera for Wii exer-game
- Zula launches science-focused kids virtual world
- Majesco Entertainment’s Go Play Lumberjacks and Go Play Circus Star now available on Wii
- Analyst upbeat on THQ prospects
- Tapulous strikes deal with Universal Music Group for iPhone game music
- cerasus.media licenses DS games through the world and celebrates number two position in the UK charts
- Offerpal Media to help IMVU cash in on its virtual chat rooms
- Thrustmaster announces new Tennis Duo Pack accessory for aspiring tennis stars
- Interview with Igor Bukhman, Playrix Entertainment
- DinerTown Detective Agency Blog, Part 1
- The Top 10 children’s video games coming your way
- Otoy joins the fray of companies offering games on demand
- Puzzle Pirates’ James reveals free-to-play MMO revenue specifics
- Interview: App Treasures on whether branding can expose quality iPhone games
- Interview: Secret Exit on the rise of iPhone, why cellphones don’t work for indies