The Guardian profiles The Sims and Spore creator Will Wright; Chris Bateman of Only a Game revisits the casual/hardcore gamer divide; and Ian Bogost of Gamasutra discusses the trend of user-generated content (i.e. making your own games). These headlines and more below.
- Two classic casual games released on Nintendo DS
- Dr. Toy honors Bella Sara among 100 best children’s products for 2008
- PayByCash offers new mobile phone payment solution for multiplayer games and virtual worlds
- Social Gaming Network Acquires (fluff)Friends
- Survey: Nearly every kid a video gamer