Funtactix and Nickelodeon announce new multiplayer online casual games; I-Play and RealNetworks celebrate their Zeeby Award wins; and over at GameSetWatch, Emily Short writes a thoughtful column about storytelling in hidden object games. These headlines and more behind the cut.
- I-Play wins Casual Game of the Year at Zeeby Awards
- RealNetworks wins two Zeebys at Casual Connect in Seattle
- Moondo fuses casual gaming with massively multiplayer games
- Funtactix launches cross-platform Moondo gaming universe
- Gaia Online’s MMO game enters closed beta
- Nickelodeon unveils new Avatar multiplayer online global game in September
- MumboJumbo strengthens management team
- Homer in Silicon: Playing the Reader
- Epic Games looks to comic books for building new IP
- Nintendo’s desire for more gamers is anything but "casual"
- Blowing up Bloons
- Rob Glaser on gaming, the Wii and Facebook
- Abstraction Games interview – Potpourri