a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:45:”Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:31736:”
Check out our walkthrough for Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas.
• At the beginning of the game you will be asked if you want to play the game under Archaeologist mode or Apprentice mode. In the Archaeologist mode, you will have normal time constraints with a normal ending.
• In the Apprentice Mode you will have more time to play the game, more hints and an alternate ending. With a description like this, it will encourage you to play both modes just so you can find out what the alternate ending is.
• Figuring out riddles will be a majority of the puzzles that you will need to solve in this game. However, there are some other puzzles as well, which will be explained in detail in the guide.
• You have to click on a rune at the bottom of the page. Each rune will reveal a riddle that you must decipher. Once you decipher the item that you need to look for, you can look for it hidden somewhere in the scene.
• You can use a hint if you’re stuck and you can’t find an item.You do not have to find all of the riddles to pass a level but you do have to find the vast majority of them.
• From the main scene you will see a gear icon floating in front of a location.
• These gears represent a Secret Room Puzzle which will be revealed once certain actions have been performed.
• There’s a list of objects at the bottom of the panel, all objects may not be available for use until you’ve performed other actions first.
• In other words, once you use a piece in one part of a scene it will unlock something else.
• Grab an object from the bottom of the page and you’ll see a short description of it on the white dialogue box that is above the box with the objects.
• Move your cursor around the scene and you will have descriptions of certain items pop-up as you pass through different objects.
• These will be clues that you will need in order to figure out where an item could be placed.
• Once all the items have been placed in their correct positions a new area in that room will be revealed and some riddles will appear below.
• In order to access these rooms you will have to click on the "Switch" button on the lower right side.
• As you look for riddle items you will need to toggle in between scenes in that location when you can’t find an item on a particular side.
• These puzzles will be represented by an icon of a house when you’re looking on the main page.
• This is an interactive puzzle, you need to click around to see what you can discover.
• You will solve the puzzle once you find the key.
• These scenes can be identified when you see a black and white picture before you enter a location.
• You will lose 20 seconds when you click randomly in the flashback scenes.
• In Flashback Scenes things tend to move at a slower pace.
• You’re allowed fewer incorrect clicks but lose less time for each.
• Click on the "Force Hammer" that is at the bottom of the page in the Dollhouse Puzzles and a puzzle will be automatically solved for you.
• Once you use this feature you will lose 5 minutes off your clock and you will lose all available hints.
• While the puzzle will be solved for you when you hit this button, it will not actually show you how it came to that conclusion.
• You can use the compass on the lower left side as a hint.
• Each time you press the hint, it will give you a riddle to solve the one item you are looking for.
• If you want the hint function to help you find a specific riddle, then make sure you select the riddle you want before you click on the hint.
• You will start the game with a certain amount of hints depending on the mode you chose at the beginning of the game.
• In order to gain more hints you can play the Journal Puzzle in order to accumulate 3 more hints.
• This is a puzzle that you can use in order to obtain additional hints.
• This puzzle is optional and not required in order to beat the game.
• The objective of this puzzle is to grab the pieces on the left and place them in the corresponding grids in the middle.
• When you pick up a piece you have to look at the lit musical notes that surround it. The musical notes have to match the adjacent pieces or it will not fit.
• Once a piece is in the correct position it will lock into place and the symbol will light up.
• Once all pieces have been filled correctly you will earn 3 additional hints.
• You can also get an idea of where a piece goes by looking at the picture that is on each piece on the left.
• Each piece will assemble an image of a musical instrument.
• Some riddle objects will only be visible in either the normal or the secret scene. Don’t forget to use the switch button in order to toggle between the 2.
• You can only click on a riddle that is showing at the time. If you found an object for a riddle that is not showing you will not be able to click on it until you open that riddle back up.
• The items in a scene do not disappear off the list once found.
• Some items can be extremely hard to see, especially the ones that are printed on the tiles on the floor. Make sure you look everywhere in a scene because an item could be hidden just about anywhere.
STAGE ONE ~ COMPOSER’S PROLOGUE
THEATER STAGE-GEAR PUZZLE
• Click on the gear at the bottom of the page and click it to where the arrow is showing you in the game,on the lower left side.
• Grab the sandbag and place it on the ropes on the lower left side and the red curtains will open.
• Now grab the prop arrow at the bottom of the page and place it on the archer’s bow that is on the right side of the page.
• Grab the prop sword and place it on the dummy with the green shirt that is on the right side of the page.
• Grab the prop oar and place it in the missing spot of the boat that is on the right side of the screen and the left part of the stage will be revealed.
• Grab the brown prop bird with missing string and place on the string that is on the bird string that is on the top left side of the stage.
• Grab the moon on Northwestern Sky and place it one the top left side of the sky and the green serpent will appear.
• Grab the Prop Serpent Horn and place it on the serpent’s head that is on top.
• Grab the Prop Serpent Tail tip and place it on the tail of the serpent.
• After you place these objects a new location will be revealed in the theater and some riddles will appear at the bottom.
• There will be a Switch Button on the lower right side of the stage that you can use to access both sides of the stage.
• If you’re looking for a riddle item on one part and you can’t find it then make sure you hit the Switch button since the item may be there instead.
• Click on the symbol of the hand on the panel and you will see part of a statue appear.
• Click on the 4 gems that are scattered around the scene and place them in the slots on the second panel from the left.
• 1st gem-lower left side of the 2ND panel.
• 2ND gem-In the middle of the room, on the ball that is on top of the pedestal.
• 3rd gem-It is a red gem on the right side of the carpet.
• 4Th gem-It is on the top right side, on the ceiling.
• Place all 4 gems in the slot of the second panel from the left.
• It doesn’t matter which slots you place them in.
• Once those gems have been placed that panel will open up and you’ll see part of a statue.
• Click on the button that is below the pedestal in the middle of the room and you’ll see the red piece in front of it will peel off a bit, revealing some letters.
• Click on the red piece and you’ll see a name appear and some letters from that name will be highlighted: "FVA"
• Look at the third panel. You will see three leaves in a row and some letters on them.
• Click on the letters until they change to show the letters "FVA" going top to bottom.
• Once the letters are in order the third panel will open up revealing another part of the statue.
• You will see two columns on each side of the panels in the middle that have musical instruments next to each other.
• Your goal in this last panel is to sort the musical instruments by type on each column.
• You need to have string instruments on one side and horn type of instruments on the other.
• The way to accomplish this is by clicking on pieces from the opposite column and they will automatically switch sides.
• For example click on the trumpet on the left side and click on the violin on the right column. They will automatically switch positions.
• The string instruments need to be on the right column and the blown instruments need to be on the left.
• Please look at the screenshot for the correct location of the instruments.
• Once all 4 panels have been opened, you must assemble the statue on the pedestal that is in the middle of the room.
• Place the legs first, then the torso, followed by the wings and then the hand.
• Once the statue is assembled correctly you will see a golden key appear above the scene. Click on the key to end the level.
STAGE TWO ~ CHILD PRODIGY
HIDDEN PASSAGE-GEAR PUZZLE
• Click on the whale emblem and place it on the lower right side of the scene, slightly above the exit sign.
• Click on the lion emblem and place it the lower left side of the page where it says emblem missing. You’ll see some candles appear above the stage.
• Place the blue candle from inventory in the middle of the large candle holder that is on top. A new scene will appear.
• Place the Stone Daggers in the matching corner of the scene, top left side in the grey area.
• Now take the Stone Greaves and place it on the right side, where you’ll see an indentation that matches the shape of the greaves.
• You’ll see some red steps appear. Place the stair piece on the broken stair piece.
• Now you’ve unlocked a secret area in the Hidden Passage, make sure you toggle back and forth while looking for riddle items.
STAGE THREE ~ AN ARRANGED MATRIMONY
• Take the match and place it in the fireplace and the fireplace will light up.
• Place the red emblem in the round space directly above the fire place.
• Place the eyeglasses on the portrait that says the man is squinting.That portrait is hanging on the wall, left side.
• The back wall will lift up revealing some gears on the wall.
• Pick up the metal rod and place it on the gears that are on the lower side of the left wall.
• Place the bull glyph on the empty stone carving on the lower right side of the wall.(Where it says broken glyph).
• Place the gear from inventory on the top right side of the wall, where it says "Missing Gear" and a clock will drop down from the ceiling.
• Place the clock hand on the clock.
• Take the hammer and place it on the open space on the floor, where there is a plank missing, lower left corner of the scene, it says "fixable plank"
• Some riddles will appear at the bottom, solve them
EXPERIMENT LAB ~ DOLLHOUSE PUZZLE
• There are 4 large wooden boxes against the back wall. Each box has a different symbol in front it. You will need to find the items that will break open those chains.
• Grab the shears that are on the lower left side and place them on the last box that has a leaf on it.The shears will fly up into the corner, just grab them and place them on the box.
• A musical instrument will appear behind it.
• Grab the key that is on the top right side of the wall. It is on top of the Cinderella poster.
• Place that key in the first box that has the keyhole and another instrument will appear.
• Take the pick axe that is in the wooden bucket, lower left side and place it on the second box that has the rock on it.
• Take the matchstick that is on the wall, next to colored switches. Place it on the box with the snowflake.
• A platform will rise from the bottom and some round golden musical notes will appear along with some spotlights.
SPOTLIGHTS AND SWITCHES
• Once the platform rises, you will see 4 spotlights appear, place the four spotlights in the lights in the ceiling.
• There are 4 switches on the left side of the wall that has some symbols white geometrical shapes attached to them.
• There are 4 switches on the right that have 4 colored switches.
• You will notice that on the ceiling there are 4 spotlights that each have a different color and geometrical shape on them.
• In order to turn on the lights you have to flip switches on each side that matches the criteria of the spotlights above.
• Once each light is turned out successfully, the spotlight will come on and a light will shine a musical symbol that corresponds to the golden circles on the platform.
• The lights are inverted images from the coins. Place the coins under the instrument in which the light points to.
• Click on the square shape of the left and the red switch on the right.
• The first spotlight will turn on revealing a musical symbol
• Click on the triangle shape on the left and the blue switch on the right.
• Click on the diamond shape on the left and the green switch on the right.
• Click on the circle shape on the left and then click on the yellow switch on the right.
• Once all the instruments have been placed correctly, a key will appear above and the instruments will go up and down.
• Please look at the screenshot for the correct placement of the musical symbols.
• Take the key
STAGE FOUR ~ TWO OPPOSITE ENDS
NO GEAR OR DOLLHOUSE PUZZLE IN THIS LEVEL
STAGE FIVE ~ THE DEFINING MOMENT
• Pick up the smiling bust and place it on the pedestal that is on the right.
• Pick up the frowning bust and place it on the pedestal on the left. The ceiling will then lift off, revealing another area.
• Pick up the General Hat and place it on the picture that is on the right side for the Hatless General.
• Pick up the books and place them in the empty space that is on the bookshelf against the back wall and the back wall will open up.
LIBRARY-GEAR PUZZLE PART 2
• Pick up the watering can and place it on the dry flowers that are on the left side of the garden. There is a blue potted plant, aim the watering can on it.
• Place the sun dial over the stone disk that is in the center of the garden.
• Solve the riddles that appear below.
STAGE SIX ~ CHILDHOOD SILENCED
REMEMBRANCE ROOM-DOLLHOUSE PUZZLE
• Click on the curtains and they will open, a stage will appear at the bottom with round slots. On the top you’ll see some etched gold circles.
• On the right side of the stage where the queen is place the following circles in the left to right spots.
• Mirror,Shoe Dress, Bow and then press the green button next to it and the queen will disappear into the stage.
• On the left part of the stage, place the round circles in the slots at the bottom, the order does not matter: Mask, Shield,Money Bag and Turkey leg.
• Then click on the green buttons.
REMEMBRANCE ROOM PT 2
• A new set of people will appear and this time they will have letters instead of symbols on the circles above.
• One the left place the word KING and in the right place the word MAID and press the green buttons on each side.
• Grab the golden key that appear in the middle if the back wall, on the chair.
STAGE SEVEN ~ GLIMPSE OF GREATNESS
NO GEAR OR DOLLHOUSE PUZZLES IN THIS LEVEL
STAGE EIGHT ~ THE MOONLIGHT SONATAS
• Grab the halo from inventory and place on the angel that is furthest to the left on top, When you hover your mouse over it, it will say ‘Gold Harp’
• Take the ‘Duplicate Painted Sword’ and place it on the angel with the sword that is on the top left side, next to the unicorn. When you hover your mouse over the angel, it will say ‘Dejavu?’.
• Take the metal plate from inventory and place it at the base of the largest statue on the page. Once you hover your mouse over it will say ‘Missing Plate’. A new section will be revealed.
SHRINE GEAR PUZZLE/ IMP AND CENTAUR
• Place the Snake Bow on Medusa (The figure in the middle) and then some Imps will pop-up from the bottom of the screen.
• Place the ‘Imp Horn’ on the green Imp furthest to the left and a ghost and a Centaur will appear.
• Place the ‘Ghost Mouth’ from inventory on the ghost where its mouth should be.
• Place the Centaur Horseshoe on the Centaur. You have to place it at the end of the leg that is lifted.
STAGE NINE ~ ALL IS LOST
REMEMBRANCE ROOM~DOLLHOUSE PUZZLE
• Act I: The Farmer’s Dilemma
• To get rid of the instructions click on the up arrow that is at the bottom of the instructions. If you need to look at it again, just click on the down arrow. You can click up and down as many times as you wish.
• Your goal is to help Isaiah carry his wolf, his chicken and grain across the river. He can only carry one item on his boat at a time but you have to be careful because it has to be done in a certain way.
• A-If the wolf is left alone with the chicken, he will eat the chicken.
• B-If the chicken is left alone with the grain, she will eat the grain.
• C-The wolf and chicken may only be carried across the river under certain time and weather conditions.
• Click on the chicken and you’ll notice that a picture of a clear sun will appear on the left side, next to the tree.If you click on the wolf, the picture of the moon will appear instead.
• Grab the paddle that is on the lower right side and give to the man in the boat.
• Click on the chicken and it will go in the boat.
• Click on the green button that is on the lower center of the screen and Isaiah will take the chicken across.
• Since the boat is in the middle of the water, you must click on the green button again once the chicken has made it across. The boat will then go back to the other side.
• Click on the Sun and you’ll notice that a crescent moon will appear.
• Click on the wolf and it will go on the boat, click on the green button and Isaiah will take the wolf safely to the other side.
• Click on the moon once and it will turn into the sun again. Before the boat leaves, click on the cloud in the sky, in order to make the weather partly sunny. This way you can take the chicken back to the boat so it will not be eaten by the wolf.
• Click on the chicken so it can go back on the boat.
• Click on the green button, once the chicken is inside and Isaiah will take the boat back to the other side.
• Once the boat in on the other side, click on the chicken so it will stay on the left side of the water.
• Click on the bag of grain so it will go in the boat.
• Click on the green button and Isaiah will take the grain back on the other side with the wolf.
• Click on the green button and the boat will go back to pick up the chicken.
• Make sure that you click on the cloud so that the partly cloudy Sun becomes clear again and the chicken can go across.
• Click on the chicken and it will go back on the boat.
• Click on the green button, the chicken will go to the other side.
• Isaiah will get out of the boat and go on land with the chicken, the wolf and the grain.
• A key will appear at the bottom of the screen.Click on the key and the puzzle will be solved.
STAGE 10 ~ HIS MEMORIES PRESERVED
• In this chapter you have to find all the riddle items before you can go into the locked room.
• Once you get into the locked room you have to click on the only riddle that is at the bottom.
• It tells you the following:"A mysterious figure who roamed through the halls, I perform the Moonlight Sonatas for passerby outside these walls.
• Click on the dark outline of the woman by the window, The Composer’s Daughter.