a:1:i:0;a:2:s:13:”section_title”;s:18:”Cooking Quest Tips”;s:12:”section_body”;s:22206:”
Are you stuck on a particular recipe, or do you always seem to be running out of cash? Check out our tips and tricks for Cooking Quest.
- You will start each level with $100 dollars to your name. With that $100 you must buy ingredients for your recipes and also pay for hints if you should get stuck and can’t find an item.
- At the end of each find and seek section you will be prompted to buy certain ingredients. They are all basically the same ingredient except that some products are fresher and better quality than others.
- It is best to always buy the most expensive ingredients. Higher quality food will always ensure that you will get a higher rating from the judges.
- $20 can be a steep price to pay for a hint, especially when you don’t have a lot of money to begin with. Only pay for the hints when you are absolutely stuck and cannot find an item.
- When you click on a hint, an item will sparkle on the scene. Make sure you are looking at the scene carefully because the item only shines for a brief period of time. If you miss it you will have to pay for another hint.
- There are ways in which you can make more money to add to your budget. If you click several items back to back you will add an extra $5 for each item that find quickly. This means that the next item must be clicked before the previous items stops pulsating on the screen. If you do not wait in between clicks you can accumulate a lot of five dollar speed bonuses in a row. At the end of the level you will also receive extra money if you find all the objects quickly.
- Your chain multiplier will be broken if you happen to click on one of the hidden items that is located in most of the scenes. You can look at the list below to see what the hidden items are for each location.
- You will also earn a few extra dollars when you finish the puzzle quickly and without using any hints.
- Just as you can earn money in this game, you can also lose money by your actions. If you click on too many incorrect items in the scene you will lose time off your clock and money as well.
- The menu at the beginning of each restaurant is showing you the recipes you will have to put together later on. Once you know what each plate consists of you can start visualizing what you need to do in order for your recipe to be successful
- For example, if you know that there’s a chocolate cake in the recipe then you know that you will have to place some chocolate in a batter and then stick it in the oven.
- As you make your meals keep your eye on the meter next to the appliances. You want to remove your food out of the appliance the moment the meter reaches the green section.
- Once it hits the green section, place it on the appropriate place on the table: the glass, the dinner plate or the smaller plate. If you keep it in too long or you take it out too soon, you will receive a lower score.
- Your score on the meal is based on how long it took you to prepare the recipe, the quality of your ingredients and your performance in making the meal.
- Keep in mind that certain objects can be used with others and can sometimes be used more than once. For example the knife will be used to cut vegetables, fruits or meats.
- You do not have to wait for something to finish cooking. You can go ahead and prepare some things in advance while you’re waiting for your food to cook. Just make sure that when you leave a pot unattended that you keep your eye on it, you don’t want it to overcook.
- The knife is usually the only item that remains in inventory even if it’s not needed anymore.
THE RESTAURANTS – ITEMS AND RECIPES
Chop City Steakhouse – Hidden Items
- Chef’s Knife – It is located in the Kitchen. Lower right side of the floor, on the oven door.
- Corkscrew – It is located in the Wine Shop. It is on the top right side of the scene, below the yellow potted plants.
- Cake Batter – In the Butcher’s Shop, on the lower right side of the floor.
- The Cheese Crumbles are located in the dish washing section of the restaurant. It is on a plate that is to the left of the sink.
Chop City Steakhouse – Recipe
- On the menu we have, Red Wine, Iceberg Wedge, Filet Mignon and Chocolate Cake.
- On top of your screen you will have a list of inventoried items. Those items include the items that you found plus the items that you purchased.
- Drag the corkscrew from inventory over to the bottle of wine.
- Take the bottle of wine and place it onto the wine glass that is on the table.
- Place your steak on the skillet that is at bottom left side of the scene and let the cook steak.
- Pay close attention to the meter that is next to the skillet. You want to get your steak off of the skillet once it reaches the green section of the meter.
- Once the meter has reached the green section, drag your steak over to the large plate that is on the table.
- Take the knife from inventory and and place it on the lettuce. The knife will then chop up the lettuce.
- Drag the plate of blue cheese over to the lettuce.
- Place the lettuce onto the plate next to the steak.
- Drag the piece of chocolate over to the cake batter.
- Drag the cake batter over to the oven that is located on the lower right side of the screen.
- Pay attention to the green meter and take the cake out once it reaches the green section of the meter.
- Place the cake on the small plate that is on the table.
Mama Mariellas – Hidden items
- Mozzarella – It is in the wood burning stove section. It is located on the lower left side, on top of some plates. It looks like a white round ball.
- Basil – In the wood burning stove section. Lower left side, on top of the pizza.
- Cannoli Shell – It is in the stove top scene, on the top left side. On the edge of the cutting board, close to the tomatoes.
- Pastry Bag – It is in the kitchen area, top left side, on the metal hood.
- Bowl of Cream – On the right side of the counter.
Mama Mariellas – Recipe
Recipes Include Bellini beverage, Insalata Caprese, Linguine Marinara and Cannoli.
- Place the peaches in the blender at the bottom of the screen.
- While the peaches are blending you can do some other steps ahead of time. Make sure to get back to the blender once you hear the "ding" sound that the shake is ready.
- Place the knife on the tomatoes in order to slice them.
- Place the corkscrew on the wine bottle in order to open it.
- Make sure that you drag the pureed peaches from the blender into the glass that is on the table.
- Once the peaches are in the glass, drag the wine bottle over to the glass.
- Drag the pastry bag over to the cannoli cream.
- Take the filled pastry bag and place it on the the cannoli shell.
- Take the filled cannoli shell and drag it onto the small plate on the table.
- Place the pasta into the large cooking pat that sits in the middle and let it boil until the meter reaches the green section.
- Take your knife and chop the mozzarella ball.
- Take the corkscrew and place it on the wine bottle in order to open it.
- Take the pasta out of the pot once it’s ready and place it in the large plate.
- Place the pasta sauce into the smaller pot on the right and look at the green meter.
- In the meantime place sliced the mozzarella cheese and the sliced tomatoes on the plate.
- Once the spaghetti sauce is ready place the pasta sauce on the pasta.
- Now drag the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese onto the large plate, next to the spaghetti.
- Place the basil over the mozzarella and the tomatoes.
Au Revoir La Faim – Hidden Items
- Sugar – On the floor, close to the door of the Main Street Bakery.
- Ramikin (small white cooking container) is in the Main Street Bakery, on the lower right side. It is hiding behind a large blue cup.
- The baguette is on the top left side of the ceiling in the wine shop.
- The red wine is in the top left side of the refrigerator. On the third shelf of the fridge (not the door).
- The Cooks Torch is on the right side of the counter.
Au Revoir La Faim – Recipe
- On the menu we have Champagne, Fois Gras Pate, Coq au vin and Creme Brulee
- Place the sugar on top of the creme brulee that is in the Ramiken container.
- Place the blowtorch on the creme brulee.
- Place the creme brulee on the small plate.
- Drag the corkscrew over to the bottle of red wine in order to open it.
- Place the opened red wine bottle in the oven that is on the lower right side.
- Then place the chicken and the vegetables in the oven and they will start cooking. Don’t forget to pay attention to the meter, take the food out when the meter reaches the green part.
- In the meantime take the knife and drag it over to the bread. Once the bread is cut, place it on the large plate.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and place it on the large plate.
- Place the Foie Gras (round piece) in the blender and once it’s ready place it on top of the sliced bread.
- Place the champagne bottle in the bucket of ice and wait until it’s chilled.
- Once it’s chilled, put it back into inventory and place the corkscrew on it in order to open it.
- Take the open bottle and place it on the glass.
Ocean Breeze Fish Co. – Hidden Items
- The Pie Shell is located on the right side of the floor, of the grocery store.
- The Ice Cubes are located on the top left side of the grocery store, on the ceiling.
- The Fish Basket is located on the lower side of the stove top, close to the largest pan.
- The Whip Cream is inside the right side of the refrigerator,4TH shelf from the top.
- The Cocktail Sauce is inside the right side of the fridge, third shelf from the top, behind the chicken.
- The Pina Colada mix is on the top left side of the fish market, underneath the sign.
Ocean Breeze Fish Co. – Recipe
Recipes include, Pina Colada, Shrimp Cocktail, Grilled Whole Fish and Key Lime Pie.
- In the blender place the ice cubes, the bottle of rum and the pina colada x.
- Once the mix is ready place the mixture into the glass that is on the left side of the table.
- Place the bowl with the pie filling in the empty pie shell.
- Then place the pie shell in the oven, take it out once it reaches the green part of the meter.
- Place the knife on the shrimp and on the fish.
- Take the cocktail sauce and place it on the glass that is on the right side of the table.
- Place the shrimp in the glass to complete your shrimp cocktail.
- Go to your inventory and click the fish basket onto the fish.
- Place the fish basket with the fish on the grill.
- While its cooking place the whip cream on your key lime pie.
- Once the fish is ready place it on the big plate that is on the table.
Pan Fusion Cafe – Hidden Items
- Sake Flask – Small black flask that is on the center of the counter of the serving area scene.
- Dried Seaweed is in the middle of the counter. It is a dark green piece that sits on a light green plate.
- Dough on tray is on the center of the floor of the grocery store. It is a black plate with crossed pieces of dough on it.
- Powdered Sugar is on the floor of the grocery store, behind the hamburger.
- The Rice Bowl is on the lower right hand corner of the fish market, in a black bowl.
- The Sushi is located inside the refrigerated section on the right of the fish market.
- The Onions and Peppers are located on the top left side of the picnic table, on the grass.
- The square bottle is located on the top left side of the picnic table, on the grass.
Pan Fusion Cafe – Recipe
- Recipes include Hot Sake, Tekkamaki, Sweet and Sour Pork and Thai Donuts.
- Take the knife and cut the red piece of fish, the peppers and onions, the piece of pork and the pineapple,
- Grab the dried piece of seaweed and place it on the bamboo mat that is at the bottom of the screen.
- Place the bowl of rice over the seaweed.
- Now drag the cut fish on top of the rice and let it cook. Make sure you take it off before the meter reaches the green part.
- Place the strips of dough in the deep fryer and watch the meter.
- Take your sushi out and place it back into inventory.
- Take the knife and cut the sushi.
- Place the sushi on the large plate.
- Take your dough out and place it on the small plate on the table.
- Place your powdered sugar over the doughnuts.
- In the frying pan that is on the lower right side, place the cut pork, vegetables, pineapples and the sauce from the bottle. Let it cook.
- Place the liquid from the bottle onto the "Tokkuri" (ceramic flask).
- Place the flask into the pot of water and let it heat.
- Place the rice on the large plate.
- Once the pork is cooked place it over the rice.
- Take the Hot Sake out of the boiling water and place it on the small black cup that is on the left side of the table.
Dos Comidas – Hidden Items
- Avocado – On the lower right side of the supermarket.
- The tortilla is on frthe top right side of the supermarket.
- The "breading on a plate" is on the lower right side of the hot dog cart, in front of the dog.
- The limes are on the lower right side of the hot dog cart.
- The liquor bottle is located on the top left side of the produce section.
- The Onions and Peppers are located on the lower left side of the produce section, inside the bin.
- The Ice Cream Scoop is located on the top right side of the freezer.
- The juicer is located on the top right side of the freezer.
Dos Comidas – Recipe
Today’s recipes include, Margaritas, Chips and Guacamole, Steak Fajitas and Fried Ice Cream.
- Place the ice cream scoop on the ice cream container.
- Place the breadcrumbs on the ice cream.
- Place the breaded ice cream in the deep fryer.
- While the ice cream is cooking take the knife and place it on the avocado, the meat, the tomato, the lemons and the onions and peppers.
- By this time your ice cream should be ready, take it out and place it on the small plate that is on the right side of the table.
- Place the sliced lemons on the juicer and a glass of lemon juice will appear.
- Take the ice cubes, the tequila bottle, the other bottle from inventory and the lemon juice and place it in the drink mixer.
- Once it’s ready place it on the glass that is on the table.
- Place the tortilla chips and the tortilla on the large plate that is on the table.
- Place the sliced avocado and the sliced tomato slices on the black bowl that is on the lower left side of the screen. Watch the meter and make sure you take it out as soon as it hits the green part.
- While that is cooking place the diced onions and peppers and the sliced meat into the pan that is on the lower right side.
- The guacamole dip should be ready by now, place it on the large plate next to the tortilla chips.
- Place the ingredients from the last pan (Steak, onions and green peppers) on the tortilla.
You can now play the game again with new objects to find.