After a very busy week at Casual Connect Seattle 2007 last week, it was only natural that nothing newsworthy was announced this week. Still, we were approached by many people at the show last week that they look forward to reading our Friday News Wrap-Up, so here it is.
- Emarketer report on advertising and casual games, including interesting statistics and the clever statement that “someone has to sponsor all those sudoku games.”
- Slingo, Inc. Announces Airing of New Interactive TV Show. Good news for Philippines, not for us Slingo fans here in the US . . . yet.
- Hudson To Bring PlayFirst Casual Titles To ‘Virtual Consoles’
- Digital Chocolate to publish Mobile Games for the Nokia N-Gage Platform (Editor’s Note: The story here is that N-Gage actually still exist. Who knew?)
- Content Is King.com
- Casual Games Are Red Hot: Lifetime Adds New Series
- Buzz! dev: We need to make games for Miyamoto’s wife
- Investors look for the “Holy Grail” of casual gaming
- Casual Connect: Rohrl Says Casual Gaming About Time
Casual Connect: Fuel’s Robbins On Casual Business Models
- Casual Connect: Surviving in a Hit-Driven Business
- Casual Connect: Microsoft On Bridging the Casual/Core Divide