Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise Walkthrough
Welcome to Gamezebo's walkthrough of Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise.
General Game Information
- Hidden Object game, the sequel to Youda Legend: Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond. You are on vacation on a tropical island when suddenly, you find yourself on a quest for a valuable relic: the Golden Bird of Paradise.
- There is no timer for this game. You can take as much time as you wish.
- Videos and cutscenes cannot be skipped.
- If you exit the game during a hidden object scene, it will return you to the same place you left off. If you exit during a minigame, when you return you revert back to the start of the minigame.
- The list of hidden objects varies each time you play the game. However, there are some constant elements such as gems, inventory items, and multiples of the same object (e.g. 25 beetles).
From here you can change the volume, screen brightness, language, and screen display mode (full screen or windowed).You can also access Options anytime from within the game by clicking on the Menu button.
- You have an unlimited number of rechargeable hints.
- Recharging can be sped up by collecting gems. There are 10 gems in each scene.
- It usually takes 4 to 5 gems to fully charge a hint.
- Hints cannot be used within puzzles and minigames.
- When the hint circle appears, the hidden object is located exactly in its center.
If you have too many wrong clicks, the cursor will spin around wildly. Also, points will be deducted from your final score.
- Access your inventory to use objects, or to combine two objects when needed.
- To use an object, drag it from the inventory to a sparkling area on the screen.
- The inventory shows you only 6 objects at a time.
- To see everything you have in your inventory, click on the Trunk icon.
- Click on the Trunk icon again to return to the scene.
- A minigame can be skipped after a certain period of time, when the Skip meter is full.
- To restart a puzzle, simply exit the game, and when you return the puzzle will be reset
- Most minigames have a fixed solution, but there are a few that vary each time you play the game.
- For puzzles that are randomly generated, example solutions are provided in this walkthrough.
Chapter 1 - Village
- Birds = eagle, woodpecker, pelican, rooster, stork
- Nature = rain, fire, water, plant
- Mystical = cross, skull, crossbones
- Crawlies = lizard, snake, frog
- Night = moon, stars, bat
If you click on the wrong dice, the board will be reshuffled.
Match the coins to their corresponding symbols on the board. Click on two coins to swap their places. If a coin is in the correct place, it will glow briefly. Use the column on the left as a parking space for coins you don't need. Solution varies for each game.
- Get the key. From your inventory, drag the key to open the drawer.
- Pick up the blackbird piece inside the drawer.
- Get the fanblade. From your inventory, drag the fanblade to the ceiling fan.
- Click the switch to turn on the fan. The canopy will reveal more items.
- Pick up the tape and faucet (may not be on the list).
- Click the symbols on the cylinder to match those shown on the photo.
- Follow the pattern indicated at the bottom of the photo.
- The pattern shows you which direction the symbols should go on the cylinder.
- This pattern varies in every game.
- After you complete the puzzle, get the rolled-up note inside the cylinder.
I. Map puzzle
Before you solve the puzzle, you'll need to fix the missing map piece. Open your inventory. Drag the tape to the torn map piece.
Assemble the map as shown above. Click a map piece to rotate it. A piece will lock when in the correct place.
Chapter 2 - Temple
B. Path minigame
Find a path to the temple by clicking on the stones. If stone is correct, it will turn gold. If wrong, the puzzle will reset. Remember the sequence so you can repeat your previous steps. Solution varies for each game.
D. Blackbird minigame
Prepare the 2 missing blackbird pieces. Open inventory, drag hammer to the glass piece to break it into two.
Drag pieces to numbered spots 1 to 14. If a piece doesn't fit, click the arrows to rotate it. A piece will lock into place when in the correct spot and orientation. See completed blackbird below.
H. Rings minigame
First, drag the rings to the board - 1st large, 2nd medium, 3rd small.
1. Rotate MEDIUM ring to align colored lines with those on the board.
2. Rotate SMALL ring so the bird's wings are aligned with Medium ring.
3. Rotate LARGE ring to align colored lines with those on the board.
4. Rotate MEDIUM ring again to finish the puzzle.
Chapter 3 - Tribe
G. Totem Pole minigame
- Identify the right animal from the chief's clues.
- Find the animal on the totem and trace the pink line around it.
- You'll need to trace the symbol properly for it to register as correct.
- If correct, the totem symbol turns bronze.
- If incorrect, the totem poles reshuffle.
- Below are the animals and their respective clues.
Chapter 4 - Bird Island
- Slide 1-2-3-4 up.
- Slide 5 all the way to the Right.
- Slide 6 Down.
- Slide 7 Right.
- Slide 8 all the way Down.
- Slide 9 all the way Left.
- Slide 1 & 2 all the way Up.
- Slide 10 Right.
- Slide 1 Down.
- Slide 9 one notch Right.
- Slide 8 Up.
- Slide 7 Left.
- Slide 6 Up.
- Arrange the stones so that all the adjacent feather halves are the same color.
- Place stones one by one in the numbered spaces above.
- Starting with stones #4 and #5, rotate each one until the colored feathers match.
- See finished puzzle below.
Chapter 5 - Valley Ruins Civilization
C. Model Mirrors minigame
Prepare the missing model pieces. Glue the broken mirror and stick it to the board.
Combine the glass shards and the column
Place the mirrors on the table as numbered above.
Click each mirror to position the reflecting beams.
- Mirror 1 window = facing mirror 2 center
- Mirror 2 center - facing mirror 3 left
- Mirror 3 left - facing mirror 4 stairs
- Mirror 4 stairs - facing mirror 5 gazebo
- Mirror 5 gazebo - facing mirror 6 temple
- Mirror 6 temple - facing mirror 2 center
D. Wooden Planks minigame
Prepare the missing beam. Use the saw to cut the log into a beam.
Move planks around to cross safely to other side of the canyon. You can only move a plank if it is adjacent or connected to what you're standing on. Also, you can only place a plank on a gap that is the right length.
F. Weights minigame
In your inventory, combine the dented weight with the filling knife. Add weights to the scales as shown in solution above. If you have the correct total weight in a scale, its corresponding door lock will turn orange.
H. Stone slab minigame
Put the tiles in correct order, following the guides on the margins. Arrange horizontally by symbol type, and vertically by the number of eyes. Place the yellow tiles on the 2nd column and 3rd row. See solution above.
- Click the top triangle once.
- Click the bottom left triangle twice.
- Click the bottom right triangle once.
- Click the middle left triangle once.
- Click the middle right triangle twice.
- Click the gold buttons on the bird's neck to match the squares at the bottom.
- Dark tile = push the gold button IN
- Light tile = pop the gold button OUT
- The colored squares at the bottom correspond to the colored bars on the bird's neck.
- Simply follow the patterns for each color.
- Tip: Before you start, push all the gold buttons in. It's easier to work on a clean slate.
Click the symbols so that they are all different horizontally and vertically. The gold symbols are fixed and cannot be changed. See solution above.
You have successfully completed Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise.