Help Willow the Whale fly high through a magical rainbow world, dodge the angry Thunder Bros and escape the clutches of the evil Baron Von Barry.
Loop the loop, collect Blubbles, smash enemies, discover new lands and make friends along the way.
"I’m impressed with it already, and feel like it has the solid gameplay chops to keep you coming back as well as the aural and visual splendor to sink its hooks into you on an emotional level" - TouchArcade.com
• Simple and intuitive one finger flight gameplay
• Amazing Whale Trail soundtrack by Gruff Rhys of the 'Super Furry Animals'
• Beautiful and colourful Retina graphics
• Kill Thunder Bros at will in Frenzy mode
• Hit speed boosts to reach secret heights
• Challenge your friends on Game Center leaderboards
• 43 Game Center achievements to challenge your flying skills to the MAX
• New gameplay modes coming soon
How to play
• Press and hold anywhere on the screen to swoop up
• Release your finger from the screen to dive down
• Press and hold for longer to perform a loop the loop
Whale Trail is an iOS and Android game about a flying whale whose eyes take up one-third of her body. She must travel the skies in search of a good optometrist, and is heartbroken to discover that specialists generally don't open up practices in the sky. In all seriousness, Whale Trail's relaxed gameplay and sunny, rainbow-colored environments have made it a hit on the App Store, and like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja before it, Whale Trail is looking to expand its brand beyond the mobile market. Its choice of medium shouldn't come as a surprise: children's books. Read more »
Whale Trail was, in a word, wonderful. Unfortunately the game didn't sell anywhere near as well as it should have. As of right now, iOS gamers have paid for only 140,000 downloads of the game. That said, UK-based developer ustwo is casting the dice one last time in an attempt to prove that its premium game model can work. Read more »
Endless survival games are a dime a dozen on the iPhone nowadays, but when a developer gets one right, it can be magic. Just look at games like Jetpack Joyride or Tiny Wings to see what I mean. Whale Trail is the latest title to offer a similarly sublime survival experience, and it seems to do so with its tongue firmly planted in its cheek. Read more »