Westward III: Gold Rush Tips
Check out our comprehensive walkthrough for Westward III: Gold Rush.
- The first 3 scenes of this game are the tutorial for this game. If you are not familiar with the Westward games, then you should pay attention to the dialog boxes in these 3 scenes.
- You get experience points after completing quests and building new buildings for the first time. You then use these experience points in combination with either gold or wood to unlock new buildings, upgrades, and luxuries.
- In this game there are 2 secret upgrades and 2 secret luxuries that have to be uncovered as you play the game.
- Don't worry if your hero loses all of his/her health points while fighting bandits or wild animals. Although they fall down as if dead, their health points will regenerate while they are laying there. Once they reach full health again, they will get back up and continue the fight. But be warned, the bandits in this sequel also regenerate health points and at a faster rate than your hero. So if you encounter a tough fight, it's good to have some friends with guns there to help you out. Unfortunately, your sheriff, deputies, and gunslingers do not regenerate. If not treated with health kits, they will die when all of their health points are gone and have to be replaced by hiring more.
- Although there is no timer on this game, except for the Trading Post Challenge, in my opinion, you can use your hero to speed some parts of the game along a little bit by having them collect any resources lying around as well as chopping up logs, digging up rocks with gold and silver deposits, and collecting food by either picking berry bushes, hunting, and/or fishing.
- The names of the characters in the game, except for your hero and the 3 members of the Baron family, appear to be random and change from game to game.
- As you play the game, pay attention to the dialog boxes that appear throughout the game as they sometimes contain hints or other information that will help you while doing the quests.
- Your sheriff, deputies, and gunslingers will defend against bandits and wild animal attacks. They will also hunt and pick up any resources lying on the ground, but will not chop up a log, or dig up rocks with gold or silver deposits. You also can't employ them at any of your buildings. But they don't use any of your food resources and don't require housing.
- To hire a sheriff and/or deputies, you have to first build a Sheriff's Office. Once that is built, then left click on the building. This will bring up the stats for the building on the bottom of the screen as well as 3 different pictures. 2 of the pictures are of 2 different sheriffs that can be hired and the 3rd picture is of a deputy. The cost of hiring each is also displayed. Left click on the picture of the one you want to hire. You can only hire 1 sheriff per town no matter how many Sheriff's Offices you build. But if you build more than 1 Sheriff's Office, you can hire a maximum of 3 deputies from each one that you build.
- To hire a gunslinger, you first have to build a Saloon. After it's built, you then have to employ one of your citizens here. Once the building is employed, left click on the building and the building stats will appear at the bottom of the screen. You will also see 3 pictures of gunslingers that are available to be hired as well as the cost for each. You can hire a maximum of 3 gunslingers from each employed Saloon that you have built. To hire a gunslinger, just left click on one of their pictures.
- It's a good idea to save often while playing this game, especially after completing a difficult quest or a quest with multiple steps. That way if something unexpected happens to close your game or you miss something in a level, you have a restore point to go back to.
- Unemployed citizens become town drunks if you have a Saloon and decrease your town's happiness level. They can't be employed while they are drunk either. The only way I've found so far to sober them up is to put them in jail. If you have a Sheriff's Office and a sheriff and/or some deputies hired, then left click on one of them and right click on the drunk. The one you left clicked on will then move to the drunk and put handcuffs on them. The drunk will then stumble to the Sheriff's Office and disappear inside. After a short period of time the drunk will reappear in front of the Sheriff's Office sober. You can then put them to work somewhere and your town's happiness will go back up.
- Homeless people will stop working if already employed or refuse to go to work if not already employed, and start protesting being homeless. They will continue to do this until you either build them a home or they finally get mad and leave. Your town's happiness falls while they are protesting.
- Hungry citizens will also get mad and leave town if the food stocks are replenished fast enough.
- Your towns are limited to 15 citizens until you build a Sheriff's Office and hire a sheriff. After you do this, you are only allowed a maximum of 40 citizens per town.
- There are a number of things that impact your town's happiness both positive and negative. The things that I've found so far that have a positive impact are: a sheriff, deputies, an employed trading post, a hotel, an employed saloon, a butter churn, an employed smokehouse, flowers, horse stables, an employed bank, lamp post, an employed town hall, an employed winery, an employed hat shop, a church, an outhouse, a clock tower, a fountain, a cemetery, throwing a parade, and food varieties. The things I've found so far that have a negative impact are: population count, hired gunslingers, homeless citizens, drunken citizens, damaged buildings, tents, taxes, and unemployed citizens. The amount that each impacts your town’s happiness depends on how many of each you have.
- Keep an eye on your resources and move your citizens around from job to job as you need to. You can also select one of your employed citizens and have them go collect a resource lying on the ground. When they are finished, they will automatically go back to work at the building they are employed at.
- If you have your hero collecting resources, periodically check on him/her if you are doing other things in the game. As soon as you see that they have finished the current task you put them on, move them on to the next task that can be done.
- If you have a lumberjack employed at a lumber camp, it will produce a little more wood. Same goes for your gold mines, if you have a prospector employed there, it will produce more gold.
Select Your Character
- You have 3 characters from which to choose to play the game as. In my opinion, they are all pretty much equal as far as game play except for the free building you get with each of them. But play the game through as each of them and decide for yourself.
- If you play as:
- Polly Hatchet - You will get the Ranch unlocked for free
- Amos Cutter - You will get the Gun Shop unlocked for free
- Shawnee Longfeather - You will get the Tannery unlocked for free
- * Note: The following is listed in the order I either did or encountered things as I played the game. You don't have to do exactly as I did; this is just the way I chose to do it.
- The walkthrough is roughly divided into sections based on quests, but sometimes you won't finish a quest until you've started other quests - in some cases you might find the end to one quest several sections later in the guide.
Let's get going:
Lost Comrade / Wagon Camp Quests
- As you enter this area with your first quest, "Lost Comrade,” where you are supposed to look for signs of Redd Baron. You also hear a plea for help coming from a woman standing by an overturned wagon with 2 other people. Your hero automatically moves to the woman and starts talking to her. She asks you to help build her shelter. You get a new quest, "Wagon Camp.”
- Have hero to build a tent. When the tent if finished, a requirement to build 2 more tents is added to the "Wagon Camp" quest.
- Have hero build 2 more tents. While the tents are being built, one of the other people asks you to build a granary. As the tents are completed, each of the people becomes employable. Have 1 of the subjects go to an area of trees near the wagon and build a lumber camp. Once the lumber camp is completed, employ that person there. Have the other 2 people to start collecting resources lying on the ground. Also have them start digging the gold and silver deposits around in the area.
- When the last tent is finished, have your hero then build a granary. At this time, not only has the requirement to build the granary been added to the "Wagon Camp" quest, but also a requirement to employ the 3 settlers has been added. While you are working on these things, a new man shows up wanting to talk to you. Talk to him and he offers to show you how to grow something new in exchange for 10 bushels of food. This gives you a new quest, "Pioneer Task.”
- The "Pioneer Task" requires you to build a farm and grow 10 food at the farm. Since you also need to put 2 of the settlers to work to complete the "Wagon Camp" quest, have your hero to start the farm. In order to build a farm, you have to build a well first, so have your hero build a well near the granary. If you don't have enough resources to build the farm as soon as the well is completed, have your hero help collect any resources lying around. While you are collecting the resources, make sure you don't collect the gold nuggets lying on the ground by a bed roll, crate, and barrel by the river bank. They belong to the prospector standing in the river near them.
- In an earlier conversation with one of the settlers, they mentioned the location of an old camp north of the overturned wagon that could have belonged to Redd. Move to the area northwest of the overturned wagon and look for the camp while collecting resources. When hero arrives in this area you see a tent and some resources scattered around tent. Have hero collect these resources. Have the hero open the crate sitting near the tent. Your hero finds some gold, a note written by Redd, and a map in the crate. The note tells you there are some hidden "supplies south across the river buried near the rocks on the ridge past the stone arch.” You then get a new quest, "Hidden Supplies.”
- When one of the settlers digging the mineral deposits is done, have them go to the area near the well. When they get there, have them build the farm if you have enough resources while your hero continues to gather resources around the old camp.
- As soon as the settler finishes building the farm, employ them there. If the last unemployed settler is through digging the mineral deposit they were working on, and then employ them at the farm. This finishes the "Wagon Camp" quest.
- If there is nothing else lying around to collect, move your hero to the river to fish for a few minutes to build up your food supply.
- As soon as you have 10 food, give them to the guy that asked for them. He then gives you some carrot seeds. After giving you the carrot seeds, he asks if he can join the town. After you finish the dialog with him, he becomes employable. This finishes the "Pioneer Task" quest. First, put him to work building himself a tent. When he is done with that, employ him on the farm. You also need to change the farm from growing lettuce to growing carrots since carrots produce more food than the lettuce. To do this, left click on the barn, and then left click on the picture of the carrots that come up.
- One of the other settlers then asks your hero to stay and help them build the town up. Your hero refuses and tells them he/she needs to continue on looking for Redd. When hearing Redd's name, the settler says that he did come through and left a note for the hero. The note says that Redd continued on north. The requirement "Go north to search for Redd" is now added to the "Lost Comrade" quest. Your hero now wants to talk to you.
- Talk to your hero and he/she needs to head north and look for Redd. Click "not yet" for now. At this point you should have enough experience points and resources to unlock a building. Click on the store icon at the top of the screen (it looks like a cash register), and unlock the Log Cabin listed under buildings. Now have your hero replace the tents with log cabins.
- If you have enough resources to build 2 log cabins, then set up your hero to build both. To do this, left click on your hero, and then left click on his/her building icon. Left click on the log cabin icon, and then left click on the ground where you want it placed. As your hero starts moving to start building, left click on the log cabin icon again, and then left click on the ground by the place where you decided to put the first log cabin. While your hero is building the log cabins, go ahead and demolish all 4 of the tents. To demolish something, first left click on the building you want to demolish then left click on the black bomb that comes up on the screen. Make sure you have enough resources to build the log cabins before you demolish the tents. If you don't have enough resources and you demolish the tents anyway, the citizens living in the tents will stop work and start protesting being homeless. If you still can't build the cabins soon, the protestors will get mad and leave town.
- Once you have the tents replaced with log cabins, left click on the "!" above your hero's head to talk to them. They will again say they need to go north to look for Redd. Since they will come back to this town when they are through, click "yes.”
- Your hero is taken to a new screen. When your hero arrives at the new location, have him/her collect all of the resources lying around before having him/her make contact with the people standing in front of the lumber camp. Your hero also arrives at the new location with a quest already, “Timber Trouble.”
Timber Troubles / Trading Post Mystery / Gunslinger Help
- The first requirement of this quest is to search for signs of Redd. After your hero is through collecting the resources, move him/her to the people standing in front of the lumber camp and talk to them.
- After talking to both people, you find out that Redd did come through that area on his way north and that the people there are having problems. You now get a new quest, “Trading Post Mystery,” as well as completing the first requirement of “Timber Troubles.” You also get 2 more requirements to “Timber Troubles,” which are to deal with the bandits and to clear the river.
- Next, move your hero past the lumber camp and follow the road to the right. When you get to the bend in the road, you will see 3 gunslingers standing around a campfire. Go over and talk with them. They offer to help you with the bandits for the low, low price of $75 to hire each of them. This gives you a new quest, “Gunslinger Help.” To hire all 3 of the gunslingers, you need a total of $225 which you don’t have right now. So leave them for now and continue on down the road to the Trading Post.
- When you reach the Trading Post, a bandit will step out of the door and demand you pay a tax. Go through the dialog with him and at the end, attack him. After you kill him, the employee of the Trading Post will step out and talk to you. Don’t forget to pick up the money bag if the bandit drops one after you kill him. After you talk to him, talk to one of the people standing in front of the Lumber Camp. This ends the “Trading Post Mystery” quest and the 2 people standing in front of the Lumber Camp will automatically start working at the camp and begin cutting wood which gets added to you resource total. The Trading Post will also now be open for business.
- Next have your hero collect the wood and food lying around the Trading Post. When you have finished that, left click on the Trading Post to start selling wood to build up enough money to hire all 3 gunslingers. Stay there and keep selling wood until you get the $225. I only moved my hero away from the Trading Post to gather more food to keep the people fed until I had enough wood to sell to get the money I needed.
- As soon as you have $225, go back and hire the 3 gunslingers. Then lasso all of them together and move them to where ever your hero is located. This completes the “Gunslinger Help” quest.
- After the gunslingers find your hero, lasso all of them with your hero and move the group past the Trading Post toward the bandit camp on the river bank. Before you make contact with the bandits, have the group move to the area just north west of the bandit camp and collect the 2 crates sitting there. Then move the group to the bandit camp and attack the bandits. After you kill all of the bandits, collect any resources lying around the camp, including the dynamite on the edge of the river bank at the rear of the bandit camp.
- Next, left click on your hero and have him/her place 1 of the dynamites in the water in front of the barricade. Talk to one of the people at the lumber camp. This ends the “Timber Trouble” quest as well as earning you a dynamite license.
Mine the River / Gunslinger Hideout / Miner Favor
- At this point, your hero decides he/she needs to get back to town and the gunslingers offer to go back with you. This will give you free guns to help defend the town from attack.
- When you arrive back in town, the “Lost Comrade” quest is complete. Your hero decides to send the Baron money by mining the gold deposits in the river. This gives you a new quest, “Mine the River,” that requires you to build a panning mine and increase the town population to 6.
- About this time the gunslingers that came back to town with you ask you to build them a Saloon. This gives you a new quest, “Gunslinger Hideout,” which requires you to protect your town and build a saloon.
- At this point you should have enough experience points and resources to unlock the saloon. If you do, then go ahead and unlock it. If you have enough experience points left, go ahead and unlock the dynamite upgrade since you won’t be able to buy dynamite in your General Store until you unlock it. You will need the dynamite soon. Depending on how many experience points you have left, you can either unlock the Health Kits upgrade, the Corn upgrade, or save them for now since you will have to have the Lumber Mill, Blacksmith, and Gold Mines unlocked soon. I chose to save the experience points I had left over after unlocking the Saloon and Dynamite upgrade.
- I then had my hero to build a log cabin to increase my population to 6. When the new occupants arrived, I temporarily put both of them to work at the Lumber Camp.
- About this time a guy arrived at the edge of town offering to sell a box of dynamite for $50. I bought the dynamite and had one of my farmers go collect it.
- Next, I had my hero go build a panning mine on the gold deposit that was near the far, east end of the river. I then fired 2 of the workers from the lumber camp and employed them at the panning mine. After the first panning mine is built, your hero will decide to build a total of 3 panning mines. This changes the requirement of “building a panning mine” in the “Mine the River” quest to “build a total of 3 panning mines to completely mine the river for gold.”
- Move your hero down the river toward the second gold deposit. When your hero gets to the second gold deposit in the river, he/she will encounter a prospector standing in the river beside it. Talk to the prospector and you will get a new quest, “Miner Favor.” The only requirement for this quest right now is to give the prospector 25 food. If you already have the required amount of food, go ahead and give it to the prospector. Once you do this, the prospector will ask for something to drink. This adds the requirement of building a saloon for the prospector. Since you still don’t have enough resources to build a saloon, have your hero to fish for a few minutes to build your food supply back up to somewhere around 15-20 at the minimum. This will allow your farm to somewhat keep up with the current demand on your food resources.
- After you get your food supply built back up, you can either let your hero stand around and wait until you have enough gold to build a saloon, or have your hero to try to access the area in the southeast part of your map. I chose to have my hero try to access this area since the hidden supplies are in this area. This area can either be accessed by building a bridge to it, or blowing up the rocks that are blocking a ramp to this area near the prospector. Since I was unable to build bridges at this point, I decided to blow the rocks up.
- Left click on your hero and have him/her to place your dynamite somewhere in front of the rocks blocking the ramp and blow them up. Next, move your hero up the ramp and have him/her start collecting all the resources lying on the ground in this area. If your food supply is already at or near the maximum level you can have right now, don’t collect any food from this area right now. Any food collected when your food supply is a maximum is wasted and lost. Keeping it from being available if you really need it later.
- After you have accumulated enough gold to build the saloon, send one of your citizens to build it after you decide where you want it placed, while your hero continues to collect resources in the newly accessed area. When the saloon is built, the prospector and your free gunslingers will move to the saloon. This ends the “Miner Favor” quest. If you didn’t pick the gold nuggets up off the ground by the bedroll and containers, the prospector will ask to join the town. He will need a place to live so have him to build himself a cabin. Once the cabin is finished, have the prospector go to the second gold deposit in the river and build a panning mine. When he is finished with that, employ him there. Also when the new citizen moves into the prospector’s cabin, put them to work at the saloon. You can now hire gunslingers from the saloon. You also need to move the gunslingers you have to the area near the granary, since this is where you will most likely encounter the first bandit attack on your town. If you put them in the right general area, they will automatically attack any bandits that show up. Just remember to check the area for money bags after they kill any bandits.
- As soon as you have enough money, hire at least 1 gunslinger from the saloon. I continued to hire gunslingers from the saloon until I had hired all that were available. You can move the new gunslingers to where your free ones are or leave them in front of the saloon and the can defend the town from any bandits that might arrive from the river. After you have hired at least 1 gunslinger and successfully defended the town against the first bandit attack, the “Gunslinger Hideout” quest will be finished.
- At this point you should have accumulated some more experience points. If you have enough resources, unlock the Blacksmith. I also unlocked the Corn upgrade at this point since corn produces the most food on the farm. After unlocking the Corn upgrade, I switched my farm to growing corn.
- Once your hero has finished collecting all of the resources in the area on the southeast corner of the map, move them through the stone arch if they haven’t already gone through it. The stone arch is located on the east side of this area.
- Move your hero up the ramp leading to the rocks on top of the cliff. Then move him/her to the rocks located on the top of this cliff. Once your hero reaches the rocks, the hidden supplies will appear. This ends the “Hidden Supplies” quest. Once this is done, have your hero collect the supplies and move him/her back across the river to the town.
- Once your hero gets back into the town, as soon as you have enough resources, have him/her first build a General Store, a log cabin second, and a Blacksmith shop last. When your new citizens arrive in front of the log cabin, put 1 of them to work at the General Store and the other to work at the second panning mine. Once the General Store is employed you will be able to purchase any of the 3 items you have unlocked. *Note - If you want to, instead of waiting to have your hero do this, you can have one of your citizens complete this section of tasks as enough resources become available.
- At this point, you should have accumulated some more experience points. If you have enough experience points and resources, I suggest that you buy the Health Kits upgrade. Once they arrive in the General Store, buy enough to completely heal your gunslingers. I suggest this because once your free gunslingers have been killed; you can’t replace them unless you build a second saloon, employ it, and hire more gunslingers.
- Next buy 1 dynamite as soon as you have the money and move your hero to the rocks blocking access to the third gold deposit in the river. This gold deposit is in the area below the water fall.
- Have your hero to place the dynamite somewhere in front of these rocks and blow them up. Once the rocks have been blown up, you will be able to access the last gold deposit in the river.
- At this point you can go ahead and build the third panning mine and finish the “Mine the River” quest. But after you do, Willy and Silas McAllister will show up and start causing problems. Very shortly thereafter, you will lose 2 of you panning mines. For this reason, I chose to wait and had my hero do other things while continuing to mine the first 2 gold deposits until they were depleted. Then built the third panning mine after this. *Note – if you decide to go ahead and build your third panning mine, then some of the following will happen slightly different and possibly in a different order than I have outlined them.
- Move your hero move through the river and past the third gold deposit, to the island where the 2 trapped lumberjacks are standing.
- Move your hero onto the island and talk to one of the trapped lumberjacks. You will get a new quest, “Lumberjack Rescue.” Your hero will refuse to go on this quest right now so move him/her back to the town. *Note – your hero won’t go on this quest until a later quest, “Save the Farm,” has been canceled.
- Have your hero build 2 more farms with wells as enough resources become available since the additional food will be needed as your population grows. *Note – your farms will also trigger a secret quest I will explain in a minute.
- Next have your hero build 1 more cabin. When the new citizens arrive, employ them at 1 of the new farms.
- After all three of your farms have a least 1 person working on them, switch all of them to grow carrots. A few seconds after you do this, a white rabbit will show up. After the bunny shows up, you can switch all of your farms over to growing corn or any combination of lettuce, carrots, and/or corn.
- Left click on the white rabbit and move it to the small cave just west of your town.
- When the rabbit gets to the entrance of the cave, it will want to talk to you. Talk to the rabbit and you will get a message that there is something in the hole. Send the rabbit into the hole and a few seconds later it will come out with a treasure chest with 3 locks on it. You will now get a new quest, “3 Keys Treasure Hunt.” Since this quest requires that you have the bridges unlocked, you can’t work on this quest right now. *Note – not long after finding the treasure chest, both of the 2 panning mines were depleted.
- When both of the panning mines were depleted, I moved to of the workers to the farms and employed them there. I then moved the other 2 workers to the third gold deposit and had one of them to build the third panning mine. As soon as the panning mine was completed, I employed both of them there. This ended the “Mine the River” quest and started a new quest, “Save the Farm.”
Save the Farm
- *Note – you will not be able to complete this new quest, no matter what you do.
- At this point a man by the name of Willy shows up spouting off about illegal mining, and some other things. After a minute or so another man, Silas McAllister, shows up offering to help the town. Your hero will accept McAllister’s offer and then both of them leave.
- At this point I would suggest buying an upgrade if you can, I bought the water tower. Next I would build any new buildings that you haven’t built yet, along with 1 or 2 log cabins to use up as much money as you can before Willy and McAllister come back. As long as you have enough wood. You can also use up some of the money by buying health kits and/or dynamite to have if you need it later.
- A few minutes later, Willy and McAllister show back up with a sheriff. McAllister has some paperwork in hand and accuses you and your citizens of being claim jumpers. When it’s all over, it turns out that McAllister only has paperwork for the some of the gold deposits in the river. He takes over the first 2 panning mines that you built in the river. If you’ve spent down your money low enough, he takes little to none of your gold. Otherwise he takes a sizeable chunk of your gold. McAllister and the sheriff then leave.
- Willy hangs around long enough to offer to help you pay McAllister back and tells you to meet him across the river. Willy then leaves. This gives you a new quest, “Con the Swindler.”
Con the Swindler / Gold in them Hills
- Several of your citizens will start talking and one of them mentions mining gold out of the mountains. This starts another new quest, “Gold in them Hills,” and cancels the “Save the Farm” quest.
- Your hero will now do the “Lumberjack Rescue” quest. To start this quest, left click on the “!” above one of the trapped lumberjack’s head on the island, then click “accept.” Your hero will then be taken to a new scene.
- At the start of the new scene you encounter a man by the river. Talk to him and you get a quest, “Bridge Crossing.” Pay attention to the dialog boxes while talking to this man.
- Have your hero build a bridge across the river. When the bridge is complete, follow the man across the bridge.
- Have your hero build a second bridge in the area that the man indicates. Once the bridge is complete, have your hero follow him across the bridge. This ends the “Bridge Crossing” quest. Talk to the man and when you are done, your hero will be taken to the area where the trapped lumberjacks are.
- Move your hero to the woman standing in front of the lumber mill and talk to her. This starts the “Lumberjack Rescue” quest. Your screen will then move around to various locations and you will see where all 5 of the lumberjacks are. You have to rescue all 5 of them while making sure the lumber mill isn’t destroyed, so time is of the essence here.
- The woman gives you enough wood and gold to build 1 bridge. So you need to put people to work as soon as they become available. Since you already have a lumber mill built, you can either put the woman to work at the mill, at one of the lumber camps, or digging up one of the gold or silver deposits. You don’t necessarily have to have anyone actually working at the lumber mill to build bridges. You just have to have one built.
- About the time you finish talking to the woman, a man shows up offering to help. If you put the woman to work digging up a gold or silver deposit, then put the man to work cutting wood. Or vice versa. Have the one you put to work at the lumber camp to first collect the chopped up wood lying on the ground near the camp, and then have them chop up the logs. When they are done, they will automatically go back to work at the camp.
- Move your hero past the lumber mill and collect the gold and wood lying on the ground as you move him toward the far north end of the river bank. Ignore the gold deposit by the tents for now.
- Move your hero to the river bank west of the tents. Have him/her build a bridge to the supplies on the island. When the bridge is finished, move your hero across the bridge. Then have your hero collect the gold and dynamite lying on the ground.
- Move your hero back across bridge, past the lumber mill, and into the river. Have your hero place 1 of the dynamites somewhere in front of the first set of rocks blocking the river and blow them up. Then move your hero up the ramp to the lumberjack and talk to him. Put him to work on the panning mine. Have your hero collect the gold nugget lying on the ground.
- Have your hero place dynamite in front of the second set of rocks blocking the river and blow them up. Move your hero up the ramp to the trapped lumberjack and talk to him. Put him to work at either the panning mine, digging up a gold or silver deposit, or cutting wood. Have your hero collect the gold and wood lying on the ground.
- Move hero back around toward the lumber mill and have him/her build a bridge to the trapped lumberjack on the island near the mill. When the bridge is finished, move your hero across to the island and talk to the trapped lumberjack. Put her to work either cutting wood or digging up a gold or silver deposit. Have your hero collect the wood lying on the ground.
- Move your hero back through the river past spots where the first 2 lumberjacks you saved were standing. Have your hero build a bridge to the area at the north end of the map. When the bridge is finished, move your hero across the bridge.
- Next have your hero build a bridge to the supplies on the island to the right of the bridge you just built. When the bridge is finished, have your hero cross it and collect the wood, gold, and dynamite lying on the ground.
- Move your hero back across the bridge and head to the woman standing near a blocked ramp in the area to your hero’s right. Talk to her and put her to work where ever you need her the most. Have your hero place dynamite in front of the rocks blocking the ramp and blow them up. Move your hero up the ramp and to the last trapped lumberjack standing near the northeast corner of the map. Talk to the last trapped lumberjack. If your hero got to the last trapped lumberjack quickly enough, the mill will not be destroyed and this part of the quest is finished.
- Your hero will then be taken back to town. Upon returning to town, 1 of the lumberjacks on the island will ask you to build them a bridge to cross the river. Unlock the Lumber Mill and build a lumber mill somewhere in town.
- Have your hero build a bridge from the island to the area on the west side of the map. This ends the “Lumberjack Rescue” quest. I then unlocked the Sheriff’s Office.
- Move the 2 rescued lumberjacks to town. Have 1 of them to build a log cabin and put the other to work somewhere. When the log cabin is finished, put this person to work somewhere.
- Move your hero across the bridge and have him/her start collecting any resources in this area. As soon as you have enough resources, have 1 of your citizens build a Sheriff’s Office somewhere in town.
- If you have enough experience points and resources, unlock the Gold Mine. When you have enough resources built back up, have one of your citizens build a gold mine in the hill near the location that you found the hidden supplies. This ends the “Gold in them Hills” quest.
Wanted Poster Bounties
- As soon as you get enough experience points and resources, unlock the Trading Post. Then as soon as your gold is built up enough, hire a sheriff and deputies. Once you have hired at least a sheriff, you will receive a new set of quests, “Wanted Poster Bounties.” Also if you have any drunks roaming around town, have either your sheriff or one of your deputies to arrest them. Once the drunks are sober, put them to work somewhere. Leave all your hired guns in town until your hero has collected all of the resources he/she can. When your hero is finished collecting resources, move all of your guns to your hero’s location. Lasso your hero and all of your guns together and move them to the bandit camp at the north end of this area. Attack the bandits and kill them. When your group has finished doing this, collect all the available resources from the bandit camp, including the gun upgrade lying on the ground. Left click on your sheriff and upgrade his/her gun. Next move everyone but your hero back to town.
- Have your hero collect anymore gold lying on the ground and then dig up the gold deposit near the bandit camp. While your hero is doing this, make sure he/she has at least 3 dynamites in inventory. If they don’t, go to the General Store and buy some
- After all of the resources have been collected around the bandit camp, move your hero to the rocks above the enclosure located behind the bandit camp. Have him/her place dynamite somewhere by the rocks and blow them up. This will cause the rocks to fall on the switch in the enclosure which will open the gate.
- Move your hero to the scarecrow that is inside the enclosure. When your hero reaches the scarecrow, he/she will automatically collect the first key to the treasure chest.
- Next move your hero to the white tree that is on a hill near the stream at the bottom of the area on the west side of the map. Have your hero place dynamite somewhere next to the tree and blow it up. Then have your hero collect the crate that fell out of the tree. The crate contained the third key to the treasure chest.
- Move you hero into the river. Have him/her to place dynamite somewhere near the rocks in the river to the east of the fish pond.
- Next move your hero to the area across the river from the fish pond. Have him/her build a bridge across the river to the fish pond. When the bridge is finished, have him/her cross the bridge. Then have your hero to catch all of the fish that is swimming around the crate in the pond. When this is completed, have him/her to collect the crate. The crate contained the second key to the treasure chest.
- Now move your hero to the treasure chest in town and open it to find $500. This ends the “3 Keys Treasure Hunt” and unlocks a secret trophy, “Treasure Hunter.”
- Have hero build a Trading Post somewhere in town and employ someone there. This will give you a new set of quests, “Trading Post Challenge.”
- Move your hero to the to the far west side of the area on the west side of the map. Find Willy and talk to him. Agree to make a wager with McAllister. This adds 3 more requirements to the “Con the Swindler” quest. Willy then leaves.
- After Willy leaves, a new guy shows up on the east side of town. Talk to him and get a new quest, “Chili Cook-Off”
- If you have enough experience points and resources, unlock the Tannery. If you have enough resources left, go ahead and have one of your citizens build a Tannery and enough log cabins to raise your population to 20. When your new citizens arrive, employ 1 of them at the Tannery and employ the rest where ever you feel you need them the most.
- Either have your hero or one of your hired guns hunt 2 deer and collect the meat. If you’ve already got someone employed at the Tannery, also collect the animal pelts.
- Move your hero and guns to the area across the river from the pond with the Red Snapper in it. The pond is located at the south end of the map. Have your hero build a bridge across the river to the pond. Move your hero and guns across the bridge. Have your hero fish for the Red Snapper until he/she says they have enough. While your hero is doing this, have your guns kill the wolf that is around the pond.
- Move your hero and guns back to town. Once you get there, have your hero to collect the crates by your carrot and corn farms. This ends the “Chili Cook-Off” quest. Talk to the guy on the east side of town again and he declares you the winner.
Trading Post Challenge
- Next do the “Trading Post Challenge.” You will only be able to do the first half of this list of quests in this town. Doing these quests not only gives you experience points, but also other resources. The maps and resources requested are random for these levels. If you find you are having trouble doing a level, then you can try to get an easier map by returning to town. After you return to town, click on the bubble above the trading post to try the level again. Also since these levels are random what I have listed below is just one of set of scenarios that I encountered. At the beginning of each level, move your hero toward the Trading Post owner and talk to him/her. Keep a close eye on your time while doing these levels and don’t forget to talk to the Trading Post owner each time you finish collecting what they have asked for. While working on these levels, I spent any extra time I had to try to have my resource levels somewhat built up to try to make the next task easier. Another trick you can use on these levels is to save your game as soon as you have the requested number of a resource collected and then go ahead and talk to the Trading Post owner. Give him/her the requested item and get your next task. As soon as you see what the next task is going to be, load the level you just saved and then use any left over time to specifically work on gathering the next item that is going to be requested.
- Trading Post Challenge – Level 1
- Resource request #1 – 25 food in 3 minutes – Have your hero build a granary near the cabin while your 2 helpers collect crates, berry bushes, and other resources lying around on the ground. If still short of food, have one of your helpers go fish in the river while your hero hunts. When you have at least 25 food, you can go ahead and talk to the Trading Post owner, give him the food, and get your next task or you can wait. If you wait, use the extra time to continue collecting resources lying around to build up your totals and get a jump on the next possible request while your hero continues to fish and hunt to maintain your food level. Then sometime within the last 30 seconds of the time, talk to the Trading Post owner and give the food.
- Resource request #2 – 275 gold in 4 minutes – Have your helpers to continue digging up gold and silver deposits while your hero continues to hunt and fish to replenish your food. When your food has been somewhat replenished, have your hero build a panning mine if you see that you are going to be short. Once the panning mine is built, employ at least one of your helpers there while the other continues digging the deposits.
- Trading Post Challenge – Level 2
- Resource request #1 – 20 water in 3 minutes – Have your hero and/or 1 of your helpers build 2 wells near the cabin. While you are waiting for the water level to maximize, have your hero and helpers start gathering all resources lying around in the area.
- Resource request #2 – 280 gold in 4 minutes – Have both of your helpers digging a gold or silver deposit while your hero either chops wood, collects food, or digs a gold or silver deposit
- Resource request #3 - 25 food in 3 minutes 30 seconds – Have your hero to build a granary where ever he/she happens to be at the time you get this request. While your hero is building the granary, have 1 of your helpers fish while the other gathers any berry bushes and food baskets that haven’t been collected yet. If there are none left to collect, have the second helper either gathering other resources or also fishing. When your hero is finished building the granary, have him/her to start hunting or gathering other resources.
- Trading Post Challenge – Level 3
- Resource request #1 – 275 wood in 4 minutes – Have your hero and both helpers to start collecting resources. Gather the loose resources first and then have them to start chopping logs and digging gold or silver deposits. Have whoever finishes first to build a lumber camp and employ the first available helper there. While your hero and the other helper continues to chop logs and dig deposits.
- Resource request #2 – 5 people in 3 minutes 30 seconds – Build tents instead of cabins since they are cheaper to build. When doing the people request, you can include your 2 helpers in the number you need to collect. For example, in this instance, your helpers would count as the first 2 people collected so you would only have to build 3 more tents. If you don’t want to do it this way, then as you have the resources, build 5 tents. In either case, put the people to work gathering resources somehow. *Note – A lot of times when you do this type of resource request, the entire number of people requested will leave as soon as you talk to the Trading Post owner. Including your 2 initial helpers if you included them in the number of people gathered. You then have to wait for new people to move back into the homes before you will have help collecting resources. If the number of people you have helping you is putting a strain on your food supply, then as soon as you complete this type of request, you can demolish the new homes that you built to get the people to leave. Once they leave, you don’t have to feed them.
- Resource request #3 – 40 water in 3 minutes – Have your hero build 4 wells at the location he is standing at the time you get this request. While you wait for the water level to maximize, continue to have everyone collecting resources.
- Trading Post Challenge – Level 4
- Resource request #1 – 30 water in 3 minutes – Have your hero and both of your helpers to each build a well near the cabin. As soon as each one is finished building, send them out to collect all available resources.
- Resource request #2 – 350 gold in 5 minutes – Have your hero and helpers dig gold and silver deposits. Once all of the deposits have been dug, send them to collect other resources if you still have some time left.
- Resource request #3 – 45 food in 4 minutes – Have your hero to build a panning mine first and then 3 granaries near the panning mine. While he/she is building, send 1 helper to fish while the other one continues to dig gold or silver deposits, or employ them at the panning mine as soon as it is finished. When your hero is through building, have him/her to fish or hunt while both of your helpers work the panning mine.
- Resource request #4 – 150 gold in 3 minutes – Leave both of your helpers working at the panning mine if they are already there. If both of them aren’t already working at the panning mine, move them there. Have your hero build fishing and hunting to build up your food levels.
- If you have enough experience points and resources after finishing the 4th level of the “Trading Post Challenges” to unlock the Bank, do so. Then have your hero build a bank and employ one of your citizens there. Next, deposit $800 in the bank. If you want, you can deposit a little less and let it accumulate interest while your work on whatever quests you have left to do. To deposit money into the bank, left click on the bank and click on either the first icon listed to deposit $100 at a time or the second icon listed to deposit $500 at a time. You can also click on a combination of the 2 to deposit money in the bank.
- Since this is the last building that you have to unlock in this town, you can either use your experience points and resources to unlock other buildings, upgrades and/or luxuries as you want, or you can save you experience points to spend in the next town.
Wanted Poster Bounties
- Next do the “Wanted Poster Bounties” quests. Completing these levels gives you money and experience points. The maps are also random on these levels as well and you can only do the first half of these levels in the first town. You can only carry your sheriff and any deputies you have to help you with these levels. Since all of these levels are pretty straight forward, I will only list general tips or information that can apply to any of the levels.
- Lasso your hero, sheriff, and deputies together at the beginning of the level.
- Move your group around the map, killing bandits that appear, as you make your way to the bandit camp or camps.
- Collect resources, health kits, gun upgrades, and dynamite as you go around the map. Use the gun upgrades immediately to upgrade your sheriff’s and deputies’ guns. Also use the health kits to heal any member of your group as you need to. This saves you money on health kits and gun upgrades when you get back to town because will either not have to buy as many or not have to buy any at all.
- You sometimes have to blow up some type of barricade to get to the bandit camp and/or resources, so make sure you collect all of the dynamite you run across while moving around the map.
- If you collect enough resources while going around the map, you can use them in combination with any experience points you have to unlock buildings, upgrades, or luxuries before you go back to town. This saves on spending the town’s resources to unlock these things.
- If you encounter any level that is being difficult to beat, then return to your town and build 1 or 2 more Sheriff’s Offices. This will allow you to hire the maximum number of deputies from each additional Sheriff’s Office to take with you on the levels. Then try the level again.
- If a red bar appears above any of the buildings when you move your cursor over them, then you can shoot the building up and destroy it. This will sometimes give you extra resources.
- It’s sometimes a good idea, especially in the later levels, to move your group a little bit at a time as bandits will sometimes appear out of nowhere. If you have moved too far when they pop up, your group can sometimes find itself surrounded by bandits and you causing your group to sustain more damage than you possibly would have otherwise.
- It’s a good idea to fully heal your hero, sheriff, and all of your deputies while you are in town before going to the next level.
- If you have a gun shop built in the first town, and if you have enough money, upgrade all of your gunslinger’s guns. Also upgrade any of your lawman’s guns that haven’t already been upgraded. Doing this will give you the “Superior Force” trophy.
- After you have finished the last “Wanted Poster Bounties” level that you can for this town, move your hero and all of your hired guns to Willy’s location at the far western edge of the area on the west side of the map.
Find the Mechanic
- Talk to Willy and he tells you where the mechanic is. This gives you a new quest, “Find the Mechanic.” When you are ready to do this quest, talk to Willy again. Your hero and all of your guns will be taken to a new scene.
- Your hero and guns will appear outside of the town where the mechanic is hiding. Before you approach the town, take your group around the outer perimeter of the area and collect all available resources.
- Start at the gold mine just below where your group is standing when they arrive in this scene. Place 2 of your guns in front of the gold mine. After you collect all of the gold around the mine, move the rest of your group on around the perimeter and collect all available resources as you go.
- After your group has gone around the entire perimeter and collected everything that can be collected, approach the town and talk to the gunslinger guarding it. He tells you that the mechanic is hiding in one of the buildings and you will have to search the town to find him.
- At this point, I divided my remaining guns. I put half of them by the north side of the lumber camp and the other half on the south side of town. I then moved my hero, by himself, from building to building searching for the mechanic.
- To search a building, move your hero in front of the building. When your hero gets to the bank, the mechanic will appear and want talk to you. Talk to the mechanic and he will agree to help you if you fix the town and make it safe. While you are talking to the mechanic, a couple of bandits show up. After you kill them and finish talking to the mechanic, he will go hide until you are through fixing the town.
- After he leaves, one of the citizens says you need a least 5 people to fix the town. This gives you a new quest, “Town Repair.” The first thing you need to do is put the 2 people that are standing in front of the buildings to work. Put one of them to work on the farm and the other at the lumber camp.
- Next, build 2 log cabins and when the new people arrive, put 1 to work at the General Store, 1 to work on the farm, and 2 to work at the gold mine.
- If you feel like you still need more guns to defend the town, temporarily move the worker from the General Store and employ them at the Saloon. Hire more gunslingers and then move the worker from the Saloon. Employ them at the General Store again.
- Have your hero start to work repairing the buildings as you have available resources. Have your hero to continue to repair the buildings until all of them are repaired.
- While your hero is repairing everything, let your guns defend the town. Don’t forget to check on your guns after each bandit attack in order to collect any money dropped by the bandits when you kill them and to heal anyone that has been injured.
- Once everything is repaired, the “Town Repair” quest is over. The mechanic will then come out of hiding.
- Talk to him and he will tell you that you will need a diversion to get through the gate to the southeast of town. Keep guarding the town until you have enough money to buy 1 box of dynamite. After you have bought the dynamite, blow up the rocks blocking the road to the west of the town.
- Wait for the bandits to open the gates and head toward the explosion. Move your entire group along with the mechanic through the gates. Continue to follow the road to the red arrow. This ends the quest. You, the mechanic, and the rest of your group are then taken back to town.
Recover the Drill
- After arriving back in town, talk to the mechanic. You will get a new quest, “Recover the Drill.” This quest is divided into 2 parts, “Recover Drill Bit” and Recover Engine.” You can do either part first and both will take you to a new scene.
- Engine recovery – Before you approach the wagons, move your entire group around the outer perimeter of the area and collect all resources as you go. Collect any resources in front of your group, and then move them to the right of the screen. Have your hero dig the gold deposit on the top of the hill near the pond. While he/she is doing that, have some of your guns collect and gold nuggets and chopped up lying around in this area. But don’t collect any of the berry bushes unless your food level is at 30 or lower. While your hero is digging the gold deposit, move your guns on around the perimeter and collect all of the loose resources. By the time your guns make the full circle, your hero will be finished digging the gold deposit. Move your guns to your hero’s location. Lasso your hero and guns together and move them around the outer perimeter along the east side of the area. Keep your guns close to your hero while he chops logs or digs the mineral deposits in this area. Have your hero dig the gold or silver deposit located on the hill to the east of the wagons. When he/she has finished this, have him/her chop up the log lying on the ground in this area. While your hero is doing this, if your food level is at 30 or below, have one of your guns collect any nearby berry bushes.
- After your hero has finished chopping the log, move the entire group around the top edge of the area to the west side of the area. Have your hero chop up the log lying on the ground on the west side of the area near the gold in the cliff. While he/she is doing this have one of your collect any berry bushes if your food level is 30 or below.
- When your hero has finished, move the group up the ramp to the southwest corner of the area. Have your hero chop up this last log. When he/she has finished doing this, have your group to retrace their steps back to the area on the north part of the map. Your group should now be behind both wagons. Have one of your group to collect the wood, crates, and health kit around the rear wagon. Move half of your guns into a semi circle around the north side of the wagon.
- Next, move your hero and the rest of your guns to the front wagon. Talk to the woman standing on the south side of this wagon. Move the rest of your guns into a semi circle around the south side of the wagon. Next have one of the employable members of the wagon train build a lumber camp near the trees on the south side of the front wagon. Once the lumber camp is built, put both employable members of the wagon train to work at the lumber camp. If the bubbles have already started popping up above the fires, then click on them while you’re getting the lumber camp set up and employed.
- After you have employed the last person from the wagon train, start concentrating on keeping both of the campfires going for the entire time limit. If at least the wagon carrying the engine is intact at the end of the time limit, the quest will successfully end. Your hero and your guns will then be taken back to town.
- As soon as you get back to town, talk to the mechanic and go recover the drill from his workshop.
- Your hero will arrive at the workshop
- Upon arrival at the workshop, talk on of the subjects there. You will be told about the gates and then the 2 citizens will step onto 2 plates in the ground to open the gate for you to enter.
- Before you enter the gates, the gunslinger offers to go with you. Lasso your hero and the gunslinger together then move them through the gates to the next set of plates.
- Move your hero onto one of the plates and the gunslinger onto the other. After they are in position, the gate to the left will open.
- Move the gunslinger through the open gate and onto the plate. When the gunslinger is in position, the gate to the north will open.
- Move your hero and the gunslinger through the north gate and around to the next plate. Have your hero step onto the plate. When he is in position, the single gate to the east will open. Once it is open, move the gunslinger through it.
- Have your hero step off of the plate and then back onto it. After he/she does this, the single gate to the east will close and the gate to the north of the gunslinger will open.
- Move the gunslinger through the north gate and onto the plate. When he does this, the double gate to the east will open. Move the gunslinger back through the north gate to the center.
- Have your hero step off of the plate and then back on it. When he/she does this, the single gate to the east will open again. Move your hero through the single east gate. Then move both your hero and the gunslinger through the double gates and around to the next set of plates.
- Have your hero stand on 1 plate and the gunslinger on the other. When they do this, 2 separate gates to the south. Move the gunslinger through the first open gate to the south.
- Have your hero step off of his/her plate. This will open the gate to the west of the gunslinger. After this gate opens, move the gunslinger through this gate.
- Have your hero step back onto his/her plate. This will close the gate behind the gunslinger and opens the gate below him. Move the gunslinger through the open gate below him and onto the plate.
- Move your hero through both of the gates open to the south. Have him/her step onto the plate. This will open the double gates in the bottom south wall.
- Move your hero back through both south gates to the plates above the north wall. Have him/her step back onto the plate to the right. This opens the gate above the gunslinger. Move the gunslinger through the gate above him.
- Have your hero step off of his/her plate. This will open the gate to the right of the gunslinger. Now move both your hero and the gunslinger through the open gates. Move them to the next set of plates.
- Have your hero stand on 1 plate and the gunslinger on the other. This will open the double gates to the crate enclosure. Move your hero through into the crate enclosure and collect the drill from the crate. After he/she collects the drill, the exit gate will automatically open. When this happens, move both your hero and the gunslinger through the exit gate. This ends the quest and your hero will be taken back to town.
- As soon as your hero arrives back in town, Redd arrives on the east side of town. After a brief conversation with Redd, have him build a log cabin, and then put him to work somewhere. When the new person that moves into Redd’s home arrives, put them to work somewhere.
- The mechanic starts assembling the drill. While he is doing this, bandits arrive. Protect the mechanic and the drill from the bandits until they give up and leave. Don’t forget to collect any money bags they may drop after you kill them. A few minutes later the mechanic says the drill is ready. This ends the “Recover the Drill” quest. He will then ask for the rocks in front of the cliff to be removed.
- Have your hero blow the rocks in front of the cliff up. This ends the “Con the Swindler” quest. Talk to the mechanic and click “yes.”
- Watch the end of this section.
- If you have an injured gunslinger you can heal them without health kits. Just left click on your gunslinger and then right click on your employed Saloon. Your gunslinger will then move to the Saloon and when they get there, they will take a drink. Each drink restores a little of their health and costs about 5 gold a swig. Be careful not to get them drunk though.
- You can get a super bad gunslinger that takes longer to kill than a regular gunslinger. To get him, you have to first build 3 cemeteries. Then fill all 3 cemeteries with dead gunslingers. Each cemetery holds 8 graves so you will need a total of 24 dead gunslingers for this. The easiest and probably the fastest way to fill the cemeteries is to hire some gunslingers and then send them 1 by 1 to hunt a bear by themselves. The 3rd gunslinger will probably kill the bear first, but the bear will get the first 2 gunslingers. After the 24th gunslinger dies and is buried a subject with a pumpkin for a head will appear. He will be dressed in all black, riding a black horse, and carrying a scythe instead of a gun. The only thing is if you get him and he gets killed, I don’t think you can get another one. I tired filling 3 more cemeteries and it didn’t work. *Note – Thanks to Ell Hollandsworth for pointing this out in a post on the Sandlot forums. Otherwise I probably would never have found him.
Cross the Bridge
- After your hero and Redd leave the first town, you are taken to a snow covered mountain scene. Your main objective here is to get through to the other side of the mountain pass. So that you can continue your adventure in lands that Redd claims are better and richer than what you had to leave behind. But in this mountain crossing, you can’t leave Redd behind. You won’t be able to advance to the next screen unless Redd is with you.
- As you get to the area where you are supposed to cross a bridge that is over a river dividing the mountain. When your hero and Redd come to the bridge, they find that someone has blown it up.
- This triggers your first quest in this area, “Another Route.”
Another Route Quest
- The first requirement of this quest is to find another way to cross the canyon.
- Lasso Redd and your hero together, and then move them to the right of the screen until you find a log fence with a locked gate. There will be a lumberjack standing in front of a cabin next to the locked gate.
- Approach the cabin and talk to the lumberjack. At the end of the dialog you find out that the lumberjack HAD the key to the locked gate, but his dog ate it. He goes on to suggest that you might be able to lure the dog to you if you cook up some rabbits. This opens a side-quest, “Lost and Hound.”
Lost and Hound Side-quest
- The requirements for this side-quest are to 1) find and capture the Lumberjack’s pet to retrieve the key to the canyon gate, and 2) gather rabbit meat and make a rabbit stew to lure the Lumberjack’s pet to the area.
- While Redd starts making the stew, have your hero kill 3 rabbits and collect the meat. There should be plenty of rabbits in the area between the cabin and the spot where Redd starts cooking the stew. So it shouldn’t be a problem to get the required amount of meat for the stew.
- Once your hero has all 3 rabbits, talk to Redd to give him the meat.
- After you do this, a dialog box will pop up with the Lumberjack asking you to get the pet to “follow” you into a pen, which the Lumberjack will close once it’s inside. He also asks for you to not hurt him. *Note – To those of you may be tempted to “hurt” the pet, don’t shoot it. Stick with the plan and get it to chase you into the pen. If you do shoot it several times, it’ll run off before you kill it and you’ll have to go get more rabbits, and make more stew to lure him back.
- After it shows up, since Redd runs off screaming like a little kid, you’ll have to move your hero close enough to the “pet” As soon as it starts moving toward you start moving your hero toward the pen. Keeping repeating this as often as you have to until it is in the pen, and both of the gates are closed.
- Talk to the Lumberjack and he tells you he’ll retrieve the key. He then gives you the key and this ends the side-quest.
- After you get the key, move your hero and Redd to the gate and it will open. Move them around the corner and to the left through the river until you come to a ramp.
- Move them up the ramp and talk to the Lumberjack’s brother, who is standing in front of a Tannery. At the end of the dialog, he tells you the easiest way to get through the pass, is through some mining tunnels, most of which have caved in. This gives you a new quest, “Fur Exchange.”
Fur Exchange Quest
- He then says he will trade you dynamite for some animal pelts. He’ll give you 1 stick of dynamite for 3 rabbit pelts, or 2 deer pelts, or 1 bear pelt.
- Redd will stay at the tannery while your hero goes to collect the pelts. Move your hero back through the river to the Lumberjack’s side of the canyon and start hunting. You will need a minimum of 3 sticks of dynamite to make it through the tunnels to the exit, so my advice is to have your hero to keep hunting until you have at least this much. But if you want to continue weaving your way around the tunnels in an attempt to reach the area in the lower right hand side of the maze that contains the tombstone, wagon, crate, etc., then you may want to have a total of 7 sticks of dynamite with you. This way if it comes to it, you’ll have enough dynamite to clear all of the blocked openings and won’t have to leave the maze to hunt for more pelts to get more sticks of dynamite. If you need more dynamite while doing this maze, go hunt for more pelts, and you will get more dynamite. For this reason this guest stays open until you are completely out of the maze and leave the area
- After you have the dynamite, move your hero and Redd to the tunnel openings.
- Have your hero to place 1 dynamite in front of the middle tunnel opening, the one right behind the tannery, and blast it. Then lasso your hero and Redd together, and move them as close to the opening as possible. They will automatically enter the tunnels. *Note – Moving them through the tunnels can get confusing, so try to pay a little extra attention to how you are moving them until you get them completely out on the other side. I got lost a few times myself, so it’s easy to do.
- Both should emerge in the center section of the tunnels on the left hand side of the maze. Next have you hero place dynamite in front of opening to his/her right and blast it. Then move both of them through the opening.
- They should emerge in the opening closest to the wall separating the area they were in from the middle area of the maze. Then turn around and send both of them through the opening they just emerged from.
- They should emerge through the top opening in the bottom section of the left hand side of the maze. Have your hero place 1 dynamite in front of the only other opening in this section, and blast it. Then have your hero move through the opening first, and then move Redd through. You will encounter a bit of dialog between moving each one through.
- They should emerge through the exit of the tunnels and onto the road out of the area. Once you have both of them out, move them to the red arrow by the road sign at the end of the road. *Note – If you have Redd and your hero both positioned where they go through this last opening at the same time and emerge through the exit at the same time, you may encounter a situation where the red arrow doesn’t show up as the screenshot shows. If this happens, you’ll have to restart this entire level if you didn’t save your game before starting the maze.
- When your hero and Redd reach the red arrow, this ends this scene, as well as the “Another Route” and “Fur Exchange” quests. You will then be taken to the opening scene of the second town.
A New Start
- In the opening scene, you arrive in the location of the second town. After the dialog is finished, Redd will start working on repairing a nearby wagon and you’ll get your first quest, “Baron Family Migration.”
- As you are working on the requirements for this quest you will be starting up this new town much in the same way as the first town. I did this by sending my hero to all the areas I could easily access and collected all the resources I could before I started building anything and moving people in.
- While you are doing this, you will also encounter situations where you will possibly receive new quests before you completely finish with the “Baron Family Migration” quest.
Baron Family Migration Quest
- The requirements for this quest are to 1) Convince Redd’s family to travel to you new town, 2) search for the horses Redd will need to pull his wagon, and 3) give Redd supplies for the trip back to his family and to repair the wagon before he can leave.
- Talk to Redd and he tells you that he needs 150 gold for traveling money, and 40 wood and 30 food for the trip. While he waits for you to gather his request and find the horses, he will stay near the lower southwest corner working on the wagon. When you have all of the supplies collected, click on the “!” above his head and give them to him. If you’ve already found the horses before giving him the supplies, he will then leave to begin the trip home.
- If you choose to, have your hero to build a granary somewhere close to where he/she is standing when this town begins. This will raise you food supply max to 30. Since you already have enough gold and wood supplies to give Redd what he requested all you will have left to do on this part of the quest is to collect the food he requested. You can then have your hero to collect berry bushes, hunting, or go to the river and fish. As soon as you have the 30 food Redd needs, then talk to him and give him the supplies. Then move your hero toward the east along the bottom of the map and have him/her collect resources while looking for the horses as he/she moves around the map. If you choose to not do this, then just move your hero toward the east along the bottom of the map and have them collect resources while looking for the horses. Then give Redd the supplies when you feel you can comfortably afford to after getting the town established with at least a farm, panning mine, and at least a lumber camp. *Note – Not long after Redd leaves to on his trip home, Clark West shows up around the southwest corner of town and will ask you to help him smuggle different supplies into his town. This will trigger the “Resource Smuggling” quest. Clark will pop up several times asking for something different each time. He is also impatient and if you take too long to fill his order, he’ll get mad and leave. This will cause the quest to be canceled. The only way to restart it is to go to a save point somewhere before he showed up and try again that way. Although this quest isn’t necessary to win the game, you will get one of the secret luxuries listed in the upgrades if you successfully complete this quest. This secret upgrade is also needed to achieve at least 1 or 2 of the trophies in this game. Take this into consideration when deciding on when to give the supplies to Redd. As I was playing the game, I chose to wait until I had a pretty good stockpile of resources before giving Redd what he had asked for.
- You will find the first horse standing by a pool of water not far from where Redd is working on the wagon. With your hero selected, right click on the horse. Your hero will then walk over to the horse and it will then run over to where Redd is, by itself.
- After you do this, continue moving your hero toward the east and have him/her collect any resources they encounter as they are moving while also looking for the second horse.
- As you continue moving in this direction, you will shortly encounter a woman trapped under a log. If you talk to here now, she will ask for help. This will give you a new quest, “Log Jam.” If you don’t want to talk to her right now, ignore her and come back to her later.
- When you reach the raise area near the southeast corner of the map, have your hero to move up the map and explore this area.
- You will find the second horse near the middle of this area. With your hero selected, right click on the horse. It will run off to Redd’s location.
- As I stated above, after Redd gets the horses and the supplies, he will leave on his trip home.
- Not long after Redd leaves, a female messenger arrives near the southwest corner of town with a letter for your hero from Redd.
- The contents of the letter add the new requirements of building a hotel and at least 10 buildings to this quest. As soon as this is done, your hero sends the Baron family a letter.
- Shortly after you send the letter to the Baron family, Redd shows up around the southwest corner of the map alone. He says that he and his family were ambushed by bandits on their way to town. He asks you to come with him to rescue his family. This starts a new quest, “Rescue Redd’s Family.” *Note – See the quest details further down in the guide.
- After you return to town from saving Redd’s family, several dialog boxes will pop up. This will trigger 2 new quests, “Dirt on McAllister,” and “Rowdy Civilians.”
- A few more dialogs boxes pop up which triggers another new quest, “Outwit McAllister” and finally ends this quest.
- *Note – All of the dialog boxes uses up just enough time to delay you in providing all members of the Baron family with housing and a jobs which causes Redd to get mad and leave town. If you do happen to get all members of the Baron family housed and working, Redd will still leave town after working his job for a few moments.
Log Jam Quest
- You encounter a woman trapped under a log who asks you to help her.
- Left click on your hero, if he/she isn’t already selected, and right click on the log that is trapping the woman. When you do this, your hero will begin chopping up the log just like they would do to any log lying around on the ground.
- When your hero finishes chopping up the log, the woman is free and the quest ends.
- Also the freed woman thanks you and decides to become a resident of your town. She will now require housing and a job.
- Have your hero to build a lumber camp near a group of nearby trees. Once that is built, have your hero to continue collecting resources and looking for Redd’s second horse, while your new resident builds herself a log cabin. Then have her to build a well and a farm. Once she is finished, put her to work at either the lumber camp or the farm. After her roommate arrives, either put them to work at the job not given to the rescued woman or have them to go to the section of the river near Redd. Once they arrive at this part of the river, have them to build a panning mine, and then put them to work there.
- While you are working on getting your town built up, you will encounter 3 guys sitting in the center of a sunken area located close to the center of the southern half of the map. When you talk to them the ask you to settle an argument for them. This triggers the “Professional Challenge” quest.
Professional Challenge Quest
- You talk to a lumberjack, a hunter, and a gunslinger. They are arguing on which of their professions is the best and/or the toughest. In order to settle their argument, they each want you to “walk a mile in their shoes” first. The lumberjack wants you to find the biggest tree in the area and chop it down, the gunslinger wants you to defeat a group of bandits that are guarding a special crate and collect the crate, and the hunter wants you to kill 3 bears and collect the pelts.
- The biggest tree is located near the center of the western side of the area on the west side of the map. To access this area, you will have to build a bridge.
- Once you gain access to this area, you can “chop” the tree down 1 of 2 ways. You can either 1) build a lumber camp next to is, employ some of your citizens at the lumber camp and let them chop it down, or 2) use 2 sticks of dynamite to blow it up. I chose to build a lumber camp next to it. This way, not only did this complete the quest, but I also got the wood from the tree added to my resource totals.
- The group of bandits guarding the special crate is located at the top of the map near the wagon/train tunnel.
- The easiest way I found to complete this part of the quest was to wait until I was able to build a Sheriff’s Office. Then hire a sheriff and 3 deputies. I then took the sheriff and deputies with me to the bandit camp and attacked them. After all the bandits were killed, I moved my hero to the area behind the bandit flag and collected the crate. If you don’t feel like a sheriff and 3 deputies are enough firepower then you can also build a Saloon and hire the 3 gunslingers available there. *Note – If you walk close enough to the old Outpost site, either on your way to deal with the bandits and get the crate or on your way back, you will trigger a new quest, “New Trade Route.” Also after you build the Sheriff’s Office and hire a sheriff, you will be able to complete the second half of the “Wanted Poster Bounties.”
- The last part of this quest is to kill 3 bears and collect the pelts. Before you can collect the pelts, you have to first build a Tannery and have someone employed there. But before you can build a Tannery, you will have to build a Trading Post. Once you have this done, you can then go hunting. The bears are located in the same area as the biggest tree. *Note – If you go ahead and employ someone at the Trading Post, will be able to complete the second half of the “Trading Post Challenge.”
- The easiest way to I found to complete this part of the quest was to take all of my hired guns with me to kill the bears. Although there are only 2 bears in this area, a new one will appear after one is killed. When the bears have been killed, right click on the pelts to collect them.
- After you complete all 3 parts of the this quest, talk to the guys again. They will each ask you which one of their jobs you preferred doing. There is no right or wrong answer to this quest and whichever one you choose will decide to become a resident of the town. If you pick the hunter or the lumberjack, you will have to provide them with housing and a job. They are also include in you population total. If you pick the gunslinger, you get a hired gun for free, and you don’t have to provide him with housing or a regular job but he will negatively affect the happiness of your town.
- Once you have made your chose, the other 2 will leave and the quest is over.
- A little while after getting this quest, a guy will show up around the bottom center of the map. Talk to him and he tells you he has been searching for a special gift for his wife. This starts a new quest, “The Perfect Gift.”
Trading Post Challenge
- You should be able to use the same strategies used in the first half of this quest to complete the second half. But keep in mind that the time limits in these levels will probably be shorter so it’s important to work as efficiently as possible.
- Doing these quests not only gives you experience points, but also other resources. The maps and resources requested are random for these levels. If you find you are having trouble doing a level, then you can try to get an easier map by returning to town. After you return to town, click on the bubble above the trading post to try the level again.
- At the beginning of each level, move your hero toward the Trading Post owner and talk to him/her. Keep a close eye on your time while doing these levels and don’t forget to talk to the Trading Post owner each time you finish collecting what they have asked for.
- Go after what’s lying around first, and then only build the buildings you need as you need them. Only build the cheapest version of the building you need to get the job done. For example, don’t build a gold mine when you can get by with building a panning mine. This saves on time and resources.
- While working on these levels, I spent any extra time I had to try to have my resource levels somewhat built up to try to make the next task easier. Another trick you can use on these levels is to save your game as soon as you have the requested number of a resource collected and then go ahead and talk to the Trading Post owner. Give him/her the requested item and get your next task. As soon as you see what the next task is going to be, load the level you just saved and then use any left over time to specifically work on gathering the next item that is going to be requested.
- In these last levels, it sometimes helps to have 1 or 2 extra helpers to collect the resources asked for. So either build tents or a cabin as soon as you are able to. As soon they arrive, put them to work where ever you feel you need they would be the most beneficial. This can also give you a jump on a “gather people” request.
- If you find that you are having trouble with a food gathering request in a level, try having your hero to build a granary as soon as they are able to start building after the level starts. You can also take advantage of any extra time from other requests to have your hero hunt several animals. Don’t pick the meat up right away unless you need it to stave off starvation at that time. Otherwise leave it laying there and only pick it up when it’s needed. Remember that any food gathered while your food supply is at maximum is just wasted and gone forever. Don’t forget about the fish swimming around in the pools and rivers in the different locations. You should be able to finish any food gathering request in any of the levels without building a farm by gathering berry bushes, fishing, and hunting.
- In doing the people requests, you can include your 2 initial helpers in fulfilling that request. Especially if they are asking for a high number of people. If you have extra time left on these requests, but the extra people to work gathering resources. But as soon as you tell the Trading Post owner you have finished this request, all the extra people will leave. So keep this in mind if you use your 2 initial helpers. Also as soon as the requested people leave, if you don’t feel you need any of them to help you finish the level, demolish the extra housing you built. That way new people won’t move in and you don’t have to worry about trying to feed them while trying to fulfill the requests at the same time.
- When you have a water gathering request, remember that wells produce water and water towers store water. So while water towers are somewhat cheaper to build, they won’t benefit you in fulfilling this request unless you have at least 1 well built. Also keep in mind that you even though you may have enough wells and water towers to fulfill the request, the Trading Post owner won’t accept it as completed until the water levels have at least reached the number they are asking for.
- After you have competed all of the levels of this quest, not only will this quest be over but you will be awarded one of the secret luxuries listed in the unlock menu, a butter churn.
The Perfect Gift Quest
- Before this quest is complete, you will be asked to find several different things.
- The first requested item is “red flowers.”
- To find the red flowers, have your hero or one of your citizens build a flower box somewhere. Then have them to water the flowers 1 time. Water the flowers by right clicking on them. The flowers will change colors each time they are watered. After the red flowers appear, your hero will automatically give the flowers to the requestor.
- The guy will then ask for a silver ring. To get the ring, you will need a silver deposit and an employed Blacksmith shop. Search around the map for any silver deposit and have your hero dig it up. Your blacksmith will automatically take the silver and forge a ring. When the blacksmith is finished, the ring will automatically be given to the requestor.
- He will then ask for a white bunny. You get the white bunny to appear by having 3 farms growing carrots. After the bunny appears you can then catch it by either left clicking on the bunny or lassoing the bunny and 1 person together. When you do this the bunny will be put in a crate. Then have your hero to collect the crate by right clicking on it. After your hero has collected the bunny, it will automatically be given to the requestor.
- He will then ask for a black stallion. To get a black stallion you have to build a stable. The black stallion shows up randomly, so if you don’t get one when you build your first stable, keep building until one shows up. Not only do the stables contribute to your town’s happiness level, you can also use them to put your sheriff and deputies on horseback. Your mounted sheriff and deputies will then be able to take more damage before dying. After the black stallion shows up, it will automatically be given to the requestor.
- He will then thank you and pay you for all your troubles. This will end this quest.
New Trade Route Quest
- When you discover the old Outpost, the guy standing in front of the damaged cabin across the river will automatically start talking to you. He will tell you about a problem with landslides and ask you to plant some trees.
- To plant trees, first unlock tree planting in the upgrades section of the unlock menu. Then if you have an employed General Store, tree seeds will be stocked after a short time. Once they are stocked in the store you need to buy 3. After you make the purchase, have your hero go to the area behind the damaged cabin and plant all 3 of the tree seeds. After this is done, the guy in front of the damaged shack will tell you to rebuild the Outpost to reestablish the trade route.
- To rebuild the Outpost, left click on the platform of the old Outpost and a menu will pop up on the bottom of your screen. The menu will show an icon with a covered wagon on a sign. If you have at 140 gold and 140 wood then left click the icon to rebuild the Outpost.
- This completes this quest. *Note – Once you employ the Outpost, you will trigger 3 side quests, “Gold Trade Route,” “Wood Trade Route,” and “Food Trade Route.” Click on the talk bubble above the Outpost to bring up these options.
Gold Trade Route Side Quest
- You will need 200 ounces of gold, 200 planks of wood, and 20 bushels of food before you can start this quest. Once you have these items, click on the “Gold Trade Route” option. You will then be taken to a new scene.
- When you arrive you need to build 3 gold mines in order to establish an additional source of gold for your town.
- To achieve this you need to build any combination of panning mines and/or gold mines. There are 3 areas in the river where you can build panning mines and 3 places on land to build gold mines. You will also need a lumber camp for additional wood, a farm to feed everybody, and enough housing for at least 5 people. This will give you 1 person to work the farm, 1 person at each of the 3 mines, and 1 person to eventually employ at the Outpost. Temporarily put 1 of your miners at the lumber camp until you have enough wood to build everything you need to build then put them back at the mine.
- Once this is done you need to upgrade the platform to an Outpost and employ someone at the Outpost.
- The last thing left to do is to collect 500 gold. When this is collected the quest is over and you will be taken back to town.
- *Note - If you want to take the time and resources to do it, you can build a total of 6 mines. There is 1 area for a panning mine and 1 area for a gold mine that is blocked off. Build a General store and temporarily employ someone there long enough to buy 1 stick of dynamite. After you buy the dynamite, you can then employ this person somewhere else. Have your hero place the dynamite somewhere in front of the rocks in the river that is blocking access to these 2 gold deposits, and blow them up. Build all 6 mines and increase your population to 11 people minimum. This will give you 1 person at each mine, 1 person at the Outpost, and 4 people at the farm to produce enough good to feed this size population.
Wood Trade Route Side Quest
- You will need 200 ounces of gold, 200 planks of wood, and 20 bushels of food before you can start this quest. Once you have these items, click on the “Wood Trade Route” option. You will then be taken to a new scene.
- The minimum you need to do here to complete the quest is to build 3 lumber camps and a lumber mill. You will also need a farm and a minimum of 5 people. This is will give you 1 person at each of the lumber camps, 1 at the farm, and 1 person at the Outpost.
- You will then need to upgrade the platform to an Outpost and employ someone there. If you find you are running short on gold, build a panning mine in the river after you dig up all of the deposits you can find in the area. Put 1 person to work at the panning mine just long enough to have enough money to build everything you need to build. Then put them to work one of the lumber camps.
- The last thing you need to do is to collect 400 wood. Once this is done, the quest is over and you will be taken back to town.
Food Trade Route Side Quest
- You will need 200 ounces of gold, 200 planks of wood, and 20 bushels of food before you can start this quest. Once you have these items, click on the “Food Trade Route” option. You will then be taken to a new scene.
- The minimum you need to do to complete this quest is to build 2 granaries and 3 food production buildings. Any combination of farms and/or ranches you want to build. You will also need a panning mine, a lumber camp, and a minimum of 4 people. This will give you 1 person at each of the food production buildings, and 1 person at the Outpost. Temporarily put 1 person at the lumber camp and 1 person at the panning mine until you have the resources you will need to build everything you need to build. Once you are through building, put these 2 people to work at the food production buildings.
- You will then need to upgrade the platform to an Outpost and employ someone there.
- Then last thing you need to do is to collect 50 food. Once this is done, the quest is over and you will be taken back to town.
Resource Smuggling Quest
- Clark West will show up around the southwest corner of the map. He tells you that McAllister is cheating the residents of his town and will ask you to help him smuggle some supplies into his town.
- The easiest way I found of successfully doing this quest was to have all my resource levels built up before starting it. It can also be beneficial to have a Trading Post in built.
- You can’t start the quest until you have built a Saloon. After you do, Clark will start asking for items and he will continue to periodically pop up wanting stuff. Before he leaves he asks for 20 food. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 50 gold. As soon as you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 40 wood. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 25 food. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 60 gold. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 50 gold. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 30 food. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 50 wood. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The next time he shows up he asks for 55 wood. After you give it to him, he leaves.
- The last time he shows up he asks for 35 food. After you give it to him, he thanks you and tells you how to building a winery. He then leaves. This completes this quest and unlocks the winery in the luxuries section of the upgrade menu.
Rescue Redd’s Family Quest
- Before going with Redd to rescue his family, you need to gather at least 2 additional gunmen to go with you. When you have finished gathering all the gunmen that you are going to take with you talk to Redd again and tell him that you are ready to go. After you do this you are taken to a new scene. *Note – Your gunmen can include your sheriff and deputies.
- After you arrive, Redd points out where the bandits are holding is family. He also points out that there are a lot of them and doesn’t want his family hurt in the cross fire. He then suggests that your group keep out of sight and come up with a plan. Your hero then suggests blowing up a nearby wagon to lure a few of the bandits to your location. *Note – The following 3 sections were actually listed as 3 side quests, “Wagon Trap,” “Horse Corral,” and “Something Cooking,” in the game.
- Move your hero to the sunken area to his/her left and pick up the dynamite. Then move him/her to the wagon and place 1 stick of dynamite near the wagon. When the dynamite is in place, blow up the wagon and wait for the bandits to show up.
- When the bandits reach your location, attack them. After you kill all of them, move your group north along the west side of the map until you see an enclosure with horses in it. Pick up any resources you find along the way. *Note – If you shoot up the 2 tents to your right before you reach the horse pen, you will be able to pick up 2 health kits that might be needed before this quest is finished.
- When you reach the horses, you will see they are locked up in an enclosure. Your hero says if you turn the horses loose, some of the bandits might be lured to you.
- Have your hero walk past the enclosure and up the ramp on the other side. After your hero has walked up the ramp, have him/her shoot the water tower until if falls down. When it falls it will release a rock which falls down on the switch used to open the gate. After the gate is open move your hero back with the group and wait for the bandits to arrive. When the bandits reach your location, attack them. After you kill all of them, move your group toward the east along the top of the map until you see a camp site around the northeast corner of the map.
- Your hero suggests that if you start the fire, this will cause the smell of the food cooking in the pot reach the bandits. The smell of the food cooking will then lure them to you.
- Have your hero walk through the camp site to the fenced in area on the other side. Have your hero to place a stick of dynamite next to the fence and blow it up. After you do this, have your hero to pick up everything he/she can pick up.
- Then have him/her to continue walking around the perimeter of the map and gather all the wood you can find while staying out of sight of the bandits. Have your hero to move south along the east side of the map collecting firewood until he/she says they have enough.
- Then move him/her back to the camp site around the northeast corner of the map. When you are back in the camp site, move you hero up to the side of the fire that needs starting. Once he/she is standing next to the fire, it will start automatically.
- Then move your hero back to the group and wait for the bandits to arrive. When the bandits reach your location, attack them. After you have killed all of them, move your group toward the area where Redd’s family is standing by the covered wagon.
- By this time there should be only 1 bandit left. After he sees your group approaching and realizes he is alone, he will run off. This ends this quest and everyone is taken back to town.
- Rowdy Civilians Quest
- As soon as you return to town, 3 of your citizens are all of the sudden unemployed and become drunks. Have your sheriff or one of your deputies arrest the drunks and put them in jail.
- To do this click on your sheriff or one of your deputies, and then right click on the drunk.
- After the drunks leave jail sober, this quest is completed.
- Put them back to work at the jobs they walked off of.
- While some of this was going on, a woman arrived in the bottom area of the map near the center. Talk to her and she tells you that her town needs your help. When you agree to help her you will be taken to a new scene. This triggers a new quest, “Town Help.” *Note – This quest isn’t listed separately on your quest list in the game. But it does have to be completed for the “Outwit McAllister” quest.
Town Help Quest
- After you arrive in the neighboring town, talk to the woman standing on the other side of the bridge. She tells you details of what has been happening to the town. She then asks you to break McAllister’s hold on the town and to solve some of their problems. This triggers several side quests, some of which you won’t get until you talk to the citizens of this town. As you talk to the citizens, go ahead and put them to work somewhere after you finish talking to them. The side quests are, “Town’s Treasury,” “Needing Some Shade,” “Fancy a New Hat,” “Hungry Hungry Wolves,” “Needing a New Job,” and “Gold Rustlers.” As you put the citizens to work, place one of them at the General Store, have 1 digging up the silver deposit near the farm, and have 1 digging up the gold deposit by the Gold Mine closest to town. When the person digging up the silver deposit finishes, put them to work at the farm. Also when the person digging up the gold deposit is finished, put them to work at the Gold Mine.
Hungry Hungry Wolves Side Quest
- First buy a stick of dynamite from the General Store.
- Move your hero to the fence near the bottom of the map.
- Have him/her place the dynamite by the fence and blow it up.
- Quest over.
Gold Rustlers Side Quest
- As soon as you have the money, hire at least 1 gunslinger.
- Move your hero and the gunslinger or gunslingers to the area around the mine closest to the town.
- Protect the mine from bandits, and defeat them until they stop coming.
- The quest is over after the last group of bandits to arrive have been defeated.
- *Note – You can attack the bandits by either wait by the mine for them to show up or you can go to each of their camps or go to the other mine.
Needing Some Shade Side Quest
- Buy 1 pack of tree seeds from the General Store.
- Have your hero or any of the citizens plant the tree seeds somewhere close to the woman’s cabin.
- When the trees start growing, the quest is over.
Fancy a New Hat Side Quest
- Build a Hat Shop and employ it.
- Click on the woman wanting a new hat and then right click on the Hat Shop. The woman will automatically walk to the Hat Shop and buy a new hat.
- The quest is over after she this is done.
Needing a New Job Side Quest
- Build a cattle ranch and employ the requestor there.
- The quest is over when you do this.
Town’s Treasury Side Quest
- You need to uncover who is stealing the town’s money.
- If you pay attention to the screen, you will see the mayor making several trips between the Bank and Town Hall. Therefore the mayor is stealing the money and you need to get rid of him.
- The easiest way I found to do this was to demolish Town Hall. When you do this, the mayor is automatically fired. After a short conversation with the former mayor, some bandits show up and attack you. *Note – By the time you get to this quest, have 2 or 3 gunslingers hired to help you.
- When the bandits have been killed, talk to the former mayor again and tell him to get out of town.
- This completes this quest.
- When all of these side quests have been finished, this quest is done.
- Talk to the guy that just arrived near the bridge. When the conversation is over, you will be taken back to your town.
Dirt on McAllister Quest
- This quest requires an Outpost or a Train Station, you to con Willy into giving you the steam powered drill, and use the drill to break into McAllister’s bank vault to recover his documents. As soon as the Outpost or Train Station is built, talk to the prospector that is standing around the bottom of the map near the center. He will help you to con Willy and takes you to a new scene. When you are ready to leave, talk to the prospector again and you’ll be taken to a new scene.
- After you arrive at the new location, talk to the prospector. He tells you there hasn’t been a gold strike in this town in a long time so you’ll have to be creative to make money. Meaning that selling wood and any extra food you can to the Trading Post is the only way you have of making money during this quest. You might get lucky and find a little money in the few crates strewn around the area but the Trading Post is the main money maker.
- If for some reason you lose your Trading Post, you’ll have to restart the quest if you don’t have enough money on hand to rebuild it.
- Bandits and wild animals will be attacking you town while doing this quest so you need to invest in gunslingers as soon as you can afford to. But you can reduce the wild animal attacks by not blowing up the rocks in the river until you have to.
- In this quest you will need to repair the Saloon, build a General Store, and attract at least 6 civilians to the town. You will also need to purchase 5 “gold” barrels, place the barrels where the red arrows are, and the blow them up with dynamite.
- First thing you need to do is to build 2 tents and as soon as the people move in, put 1 of them to work at the Saloon and put the other one to work at the Trading Post. Then hire a gunslinger. While the gunslinger stands guard over the town, have your hero to go around the area and collect whatever resources there might be lying around. Don’t worry about unblocking the river right now. You can also have your first 2 citizens help you gather the available resources in the initial area that you can access.
- After you have collected all the resources lying around in the areas you can initially access, have you hero build the first lumber camp. While he is doing that, have one of you citizens build 2 more tents. When the new people arrive, put 1 to work at the lumber camp and the other to work at the farm. Switch the farm to growing corn since that produces the most food at the farm. Go ahead and sell enough wood and food to hire the other 2 available gunslingers.
- Then have your hero start repairing the Saloon. Until you get the Saloon repaired, only sell any food you have over 10 for money. If you need to, send the Saloon employee to fish.
- When the repairs on the Saloon are finished, build the General Store as soon as you have 110 gold and 110 wood. Continue to have your Saloon employee fishing.
- After the General Store is finished, you can also start selling wood to the Trading Post as well as food. Continue to have you Saloon employee fishing until there are no fish left in the river. If you have to, send your hero out to hunt while the gunslingers protect the town.
- Concentrate on buying the “gold“ barrels while you are able to get fish out of the river. When the fish supply is exhausted, move the Saloon employee to the General Store and concentrate on selling wood to get the money to buy 5 sticks of dynamite. Also to make sure you have enough food for you town, only sell food when your supply is at 20 or more.
- After you have bought 5 sticks of dynamite, you should have a total of 6 sticks of dynamite since there was 1 lying around on the ground under one of the red arrows, start placing the barrels and blowing them up. To place a barrel, have your hero to go to a spot with a red arrow. When he/she get to the spot, click on the talk bubble above their head. You will be asked if you want to place a barrel. Click yes and once the barrel is placed, up a stick of dynamite next to it and blow it up. After you have done the 4 barrels on the accessible area, have your hero go through the river to the rocks blocking it. Place a stick of dynamite somewhere in front of them and blow them up. Then move your hero to the last red arrow and place the last barrel. When the barrel is placed, blow it up.
- While your hero is busy blowing up the barrels, continue to sell wood until you have enough money to build 2 more tents. Once you have this money and enough wood, have one of your citizens to build the last 2 tents. When the new people arrive, put 1 to work at the farm and put the other one to work at either the lumber camp or the Saloon.
- As soon as you blow up the last barrel, Willy will show up wanting to talk to you. Talk to him. After he is convinced of the town’s “worth,” he agrees to give you the drill. As soon as he does, he proceeds to boot you off of his property. You will then be taken back to your town.
- If you want to spend the time and resources, and are enjoying the challenge of this quest you can stick around a little longer. Just don’t blow all of the gold barrels until you have repaired everything that is damaged, and replace the tents with cabins. You may have to with heal or replace your gunslingers periodically.
- When you have finished this, then go blow the rocks in the river. Next place the last “gold” barrel and blow it up.
- Right after you return to town Redd shows back up and wants to talk to you. When you talk to him, he tells you he has the mechanic with him. He also tells you the mechanic is happy to help you. Before Redd can run off again, have him to build himself a cabin, and then put him and his new roommate to work.
- As soon as you are ready to go break into the vault, talk to the mechanic. After you do, you will be taken to a new scene.
- After you arrive, you find that you will have to work around a slight maze in the canyon to reach the bank vault. There are several openings in the canyon wall that are barricaded and each barricade has bandits posted in front of them to guard them.
- Move your group near the first barricaded opening and attack the bandits. After you kill the bandits, move the mechanic in front of the barricade and the drill will appear. After the drill has cleared the barricade, move your group to the next barricaded opening.
- Move your group through the first opening. Before moving your group to the left toward the vault, move them to the right and attack the bandits standing in front of a barricaded opening. After you have killed the bandits, move the mechanic in front of the barricade. Once he has completely drilled through, move your group through the opening and attack the bandits. When you have killed all of them, collect any resources, health kits, and gun upgrades you find.
- When you have collected everything, move your group around the canyon toward the vault. When you reach the next barricaded opening, deal with the bandits in standing in front of it. When you’re done with this, move the mechanic in front of the barricade. After he has drilled completely through the barricade, move on to the next one. This is the last one.
- Move your group to the barricaded opening and deal with the bandits. When you are finished with this, move the mechanic in front of the barricade. After he has drilled completely through the barricade, move your group through the opening and to the group of bandits standing near the northeast corner of the map. Deal with the bandits and then pick up any resources, etc, that is lying on the ground.
- Next move you group up the ramp near the last opening and deal with the bandits. When you are finished, move you group around the last curve before the bank.
- Move the group to the area in front of the Town Hall, and then move the mechanic to the left side of the bank. Have your group deal with any bandits that pop up while the mechanic is drilling into the bank. When he is through drilling, you automatically get the documents. After the dialogs boxes are finished, so is the quest. Your group is then taken back to your town.
Haunted Town Quest
- To trigger and start this quest, build a lamp post next to the cave on the east side of the map. Then move your hero in front of the cave and he/she will want to talk to you. He/she asks you if you want to find out where the mountain trail goes. Click “yes” and your hero will enter.
- When he/she reaches the end of the trail, he/she comes out in a dimly lit area. As he/she continues down a path, he/she reaches a town but before he/she can enter the town, one of the citizens walks forward. The citizen warns against entering the town because it is cursed and has been plagued by a mysterious horseman that rides into town and possesses people. He also says there are only a few people left in town after everyone else has fled and the ones that are left will be leaving as soon as they get their belongings gathered. The mysterious horseman then appears out of nowhere and possesses the man you were just talking to. Your hero then sets about trying to break the curse.
- The first thing I did was build 4 tents and then bought the Saloon. I put the citizens that left in the town along with my new arrivals to work. I put 1 person to work in the General Store, 2 people to work at the lumber camp, 1 person to work in the Saloon, and put 3 people to work digging up mineral deposits in addition to gathering any other resources lying around. As soon as I had the money, I had my hero to build 1 panning mine before starting to help gather resources.
- After the panning mine was completed, I moved 1 of the people gathering resources to the lumber camp. I then had my hero to start digging mineral deposits and chopping up logs. As people started being possessed, I moved people around as needed. I had 1 of my citizens to build 4 more tents as well as a church as soon as I had the resources. I also put one of the citizens to fishing for a little while before people started leaving. As soon as I could hire a gunslinger I did.
- Then I moved my hero and the gunslinger to the cemetery located near the northwest corner. As they reached the cemetery, they found a group of bandits robbing graves. I had them to attack the bandits. After all of the bandits were killed, I had my hero to build a cemetery on top of the old one. I then had him to collect any resources lying around. I then had one of my citizens to build a second lumber camp.
- Since my gunslinger was killed in the first bandit attack, I moved my hero to the second cemetery located near the northeast corner of the map. Upon reaching the cemetery, more bandits were found. I had my hero to fight them alone. While my hero was doing this, I had one of my citizens to build 2 more tents. I then put the new arrivals to work at the panning mine and had the other one to build a second panning mine before employing them there. By this time my hero had finally defeated the second group of bandits. I then had him/her collect any resources lying around and then build a cemetery on top of the old one before moving on to the last cemetery.
- I then bought 1 stick of dynamite from the General Store and had my hero to use it to blow up some rocks blocking the path to the last cemetery. After the fish supply was exhausted and all other food resources had been picked up I stopped trying to feed everyone. Before long they began leaving and new people then moved into the tents in their place. As soon as the new arrivals appeared, I put them to work either at the lumber camps or the panning mines.
- After blowing up the rocks, I moved my hero to the last cemetery located at the bottom of the map near the path I entered the town on. I had him/her to deal with the group of bandits in the cemetery, collect any available resources, and built a new cemetery on top of the old one. I finally got the last cemetery built with 4 citizens left in town who were not possessed. This ended the quest.
Earthquake Valley Quest
- To start this quest, talk to Haris Pilton at the top of the map just east of the river. Pilton offers to pay you handsomely if you help him build a town in a nearby valley that he has. Oh, by the way, it’s a little unstable. When you are ready to go, talk to Pilton again and you will be taken to a new scene. *Note – Harris arrived shortly after I rebuilt Outpost and I’ve left him standing there until now. I did this to make sure I had all of my buildings, upgrades, and luxuries unlocked before doing this quest.
- In order to complete this quest you need to build at least 14 different buildings, have a population of 20 people, and have a town happiness of 125.
- When you arrive in the new location, you are met by 2 people that tell you they’ve not only been trying to setup the town in this location, but they’ve built the same hotel 3 times because of earthquakes and fires.
- Don’t build more than necessary in the beginning. Also don’t add any new people at the start.
- Repair any damage caused by earthquakes and fires as quickly as possible. Also put out any fires as quickly as possibly because it will spread to other buildings if you don’t.
- Concentrate on stockpiling resources in the beginning by working your way around the areas that are separated from the first main section you come to when you arrive. When you’ve got all the resources from the majority of these outlaying areas, start building your buildings in the first main section and start adding several people at a time so you will have enough help to repair any damage to all those buildings as well as continuing to collect resources.
- Don’t build very many luxuries, if any at all in the beginning. Save those for the last when all you have left to work on is a town happiness of 125. Then try to build as many as you can as quickly as you can to get the happiness to the minimum level before a earthquake or fire hits.
- Start this quest by having your hero and your 2 helpers start collecting all resources, except for food, lying on the ground nearby. Collect food resources only when necessary to keep everyone from starving until you can get the first farm running. This will also help keep from collecting too much at one time and wasting it. Have whoever gets through first to build a well near the 2 tents.
- Then either have the same person or the next available person build a lumber camp and a well in northwest corner of the map. As soon as both of your helpers are available, put them both to work at the lumber camp. Demolish the 2 tents and have your hero to replace them with a cabin. When this is finished, move you hero to the gold deposit located on the west side of the map below the lumber camp. While your 2 helpers are working in the first lumber camp and are close enough to deal with any possible fire that might break out on the cabin, keep moving your hero south along the west side of the map until him/her gets to the clump of trees in the southwest corner of the map. Have him/her gather any resources in or near this area until the first lumber camp is close to running out of trees. Avoid the bandit camp for now.
- When you see the first lumber camp is down to the last 1 or 2 trees, have your hero start setting up the next one in the area in the southwest corner. Have him/her to first build a well and then a lumber camp. When your first lumber camp is down to the last tree, go ahead and have 1 of your helpers to start heading to the southwest corner even if your hero isn’t completely through building. As soon as the first helper arrives in this area, put them to work in the lumber camp as soon as it’s finished. Then move your hero back to the main section with the cabin at the top of the map. Also have him/her finish collecting any possible resources left in this section of the map before reaching the main section. Then after your hero arrives back in the main section, have him/her collect any remaining resources in the area to the north of the river and then move them to the area south of the river between putting out fires on the cabin and fixing any damage done to the cabin or well. Keep him/her in this area and not building anything until at least both of your helpers are working on the trees in the southwest corner. *Note – Before your hero leaves this area, have them to kill all animals that show up, except for the bears, and leave the meat laying on the ground to be picked up when it is needed. If is hasn’t all been picked up before both of you helpers are through with this area, then pick up as much as you can without wasting it right before moving them on to another area.
- After the last tree falls at the first lumber camp, demolish it and have your helper to pick up any wood gained from the demolishing before moving them to the southwest corner. When your second helper reaches the southwest corner, have them to build a second lumber camp if it’s not already built. Put them to work in it as soon as it’s completed.
- Next have your hero build a second cabin, a second well, a farm, a granary, a water tower, a windmill, and 2 panning mines. As soon as the new arrivals move into the cabin, either put them to work helping build these buildings or put both of them to work at the farm until all of this building is complete. Once this series of buildings are complete, move one of the people from the farm to one of the panning mines. Have your hero finish gathering any resources left lying on the ground in this area or if there is nothing left for him/her to collect, just let them stand around in this area and be available to help with damaged buildings and fires until your 2 initial helpers are completely finished cutting down all the trees in the southwest corner. After a few minutes if you don’t have enough money to build a lumber mill, go ahead and build another cabin as soon get the money. Then when these 2 new people arrive, put 1 of them at the second panning mine and put the other at the farm.
- As soon as you get enough money, have your hero build a lumber mill. When it’s finished, temporarily fire 1 of the people from the farm and put them to work at the lumber mill. Then as soon as they are employed there, click on the lumber mill and then click the fortification icon. After you have done this, fire them from the lumber mill and put them back to work at the farm. The fortification icon will cause your buildings to be stronger, and therefore will not become as damaged from an earthquake. The icon will stay checked after you put the person to work somewhere else. If you haven’t already built a well or water tower next to the lumber mill, do so. Then let your hero go back to hanging out and helping to repair damaged buildings until at least 1 of your initial helpers runs out of trees to cut and needs to be moved to a new job.
- Move the first person to run out of trees to cut in the southwest corner to the area of trees south of the river. Have them to build a lumber camp and a well. When they are finished building, put them to work at the lumber camp. By this time you should have enough lumber stockpiled so that you don’t need to continue to have 2 lumber camps going right now. So while you wait for the second person in the southwest corner to run out of trees to cut, have your hero to build a General Store, a well for the next farm, and a Blacksmith shop. When the second person in the southwest corner runs out of trees to cut, put them to work at the General Store. Don’t forget to demolish both of the lumber camps in this area before moving the last person out of the area.
- After you have someone working at the General store, buy 1 stick of dynamite as soon as you can afford to. After you buy it move your hero to the area around the center of the map where some rocks are blocking the only entrance to the last outlaying area on the map. Have your hero place the dynamite somewhere near the front of the rocks and blow them up. Then have him/her go in this area and collect all of the resources they can find and collect. If 1 of your panning mines becomes depleted before your hero finishes collecting resources in this new area, have the miner go help your hero. Then when all of the resources lying around on the ground have been collected, have your unemployed citizen, or your hero if they finish first, build a gold mine in the gold deposit in the mountain side in this new area. Also have them to build a well or water tower close by. Once this is done, put the citizen to work at the gold mine. When you get a chance, make sure you demolish the used up panning mine. This will give you 1 less building to have to waste resources keeping it fixed after an earthquake and it won’t be there to bring down the town happiness if it becomes too damaged.
- When your hero is finished in this area, move him/her back to the main area to help with damage control and build any new buildings needed.
- As the money becomes available, have you hero to build a second farm, and a second granary. As soon as the second farm is finished, fire one of the people from the first farm and employ them at the second farm. At this point I began having trouble building any money up because the earthquakes started coming more frequently, so I started saving my game at least once every 30 seconds to 1 minute until I got some money built up. I continued doing this for a little while during the game and would reload my game when an earthquake hit.
- When the second panning mine is depleted, Put the miner to work at the gold mine that has already been built. Demolish the used up panning mine. As soon as you get enough money built up, have one of the miners from the first gold mine to another gold deposit in the mountain closer to the main section. Once the miner gets to the next gold deposit, have them to build a gold mine and a well. When they are finished building, put them to work at the new mine. As soon as you have enough money to build another cabin, do so. When the new people arrive put 1 of them to work at 1 of the gold mines, and put the other 1 to work at a lumber camp.
- As soon as I had enough resources, I had my hero to build a hotel. After the 4 new people arrived, I put 1 person to work at the lumber mill, 1 person to work at the blacksmith shop, and 1 person to work at each of the farms. I then had my hero to build a Trading Post and a second windmill beside the second farm.
- Next I had my hero to build another hotel. Only 3 of the 4 people initially arrived since I didn’t have a Sheriff’s Office built yet. So I put 1 person to work at the trading post. I then put 1 person to work at the second gold mine, and 1 person to work at the second lumber camp. As soon as I had enough resources, I built a Sheriff’s Office and hired a sheriff. After the 4th person arrived at the second hotel, I put them to work at the lumber camp to the south of the river. I then began hiring my deputies as the money was available. After I hired the third deputy, I moved my hero, sheriff and 3 deputies to the bandit camp in the southwest corner of the map. I then had them to attack the bandits. After the bandits were defeated, I moved the group back to town. I then sold enough lumber to have enough resources to build my third and final hotel. After the 4 new people arrived, I put 1 person to work at the second lumber camp, put 1 person to work on one of the farms, and put 1 person at each of the gold mines. After these last people arrived I had my 20 people population for the town, and had satisfied the 14 different building requirement a little while earlier. All that was left for me to do was to get the town happiness up to 125.
- I then started working on this by having my hero build a clock tower which brought the happiness level up to 119. I then had my hero to build a church which brought the happiness up to 124. Even though I only lacked 1 point for the town happiness, I still had my hero to build a cemetery which brought the final town happiness up to 129.
- As soon as this was done, Haris Pilton showed up. This completed this quest.
- I then talked to Pilton. He confirmed his support in the election and paid me the money promised. He left and my hero was returned to town.
- In this quest, you need to keep McAllister from becoming Governor of California. In order to do this you need to make Jake Baron your town mayor to compete against McAllister in the election for governor, and collect 100 votes to beat McAllister in the election. Collect the votes by helping out nearby towns and residents.
- To hire Jake as your mayor, you first need to click on Jake. Then right click on the Town Hall if you already have one built. If you don’t have one built yet or can’t build one yet, then temporarily employ him somewhere else until you get the Town Hall built.
- The following is a list of where the votes come from:
- Votes from the Lumberjack, Gunslinger, and Trapper (Hunter) and resolving their conflict.
- Votes for hiring Jake as mayor of your town.
- Votes from the citizens in your town for cleaning up the drunks wandering town.
- Votes for helping out a neighbor town and resolving their problems.
- Votes from the citizens living in the Haunted Town.
- Votes from the citizens of Earthquake Valley.
- Votes for swindling McAllister in the “Dirt on McAllister” quest.
- *Note – The total number of votes you actually receive from each of these locations will depend on what order you do the list in.
- After completing the “Earthquake Valley” quest. I finally had the 100 votes needed for this quest. After the dialog boxes are finished and you have upgraded your Outpost to a Train Station and train tracks, all that’s left to do is wait for the train to arrive.
- After a few moments the Train Station worker want to talk to you. After you do this you are told the train has arrived and you can go learn the election results. When you are ready to go talk to the Train Station worker again and you will be taken to a new scene.
- After arriving at the new scene, sit back and watch what happens. At the end of all the dialog, the quest is complete and you are taken back to your town.
- A few moments after returning to town, you get a message that McAllister and some gunslingers are heading toward your town. The starts a new quest, “Defend the Town.”
Defend the Town Quest
- To complete this quest you have to 1) do everything to ensure the safety of your town and its inhabitants from McAllister’s eminent attack, 2) defeat McAllister in battle, and 3) scare McAllister out if hiding by beating the bandits and destroying the wagon he is hiding in.
- To do this make sure you have enough lawmen, and gunslingers. Then divide them up as you can between the 4 main entrances to town. There is 1 main entrance on each side of the map. When you have everyone in position, then wait for McAllister and his gang to arrive.
- Not long after you have everyone in place, McAllister and his gang arrive.
- When the attack starts, 2 bandits enter town by the south west corner while a few more enter by coming in on the road in the bottom center of the map as well as the other 3 sides. When your group on the south side of the map defeat the 2 bandits entering through the southwest corner, you get a message that McAllister is not among the ones doing the attacking. After your south group defeats these 2 bandits, deal with the rest that came in with the wagon on the bottom center road.
- After all the bandits are defeated nothing is left except the 4 covered wagons they brought with them. Have all your groups shoot up all the wagons. As soon as you destroy the wagon that McAllister is hiding in, he initially comes out shooting. After a few moments he gives up and asks for mercy. Your hero will then tell him to not only leave town, but to leave the state and not come back. This ends the quest. It also ends the game in Story mode but the game isn’t completely over. There are still 2 more quests to uncover, 2 secret upgrades to find, and several trophies left to achieve.
- The 2 other quests are, “Sunken Treasure” and “Easter Egg Hunt.”
Sunken Treasure Quest
- To start this quest, you need to get into the locked enclosure in the area at the top of the map. To get into the enclosure you need to either blow up or cut down the tree on the left side of the enclosure. To cut it down, build a lumber camp near it and let your lumberjacks cut it down. It doesn’t matter which one you choose to do. Either one will make the tree fall into the enclosure and hit the switch on the inside of the fence.
- When the switch is hit, the gates will open and you will be able to get inside. Right click on the chest inside the enclosure. When you do this you will receive a message that says, “Moved the treasure to the chest in the cabin should be safe but I better dig a deeper moat just in case. Hide the spare key in the cave by the river.”
- Next go to the southwest corner of the map and enter the river using the ramp. Move your hero to the front of the cave and a crate will appear. Right click on the crate. When you do this you will find a key and a damp piece of paper. All you are able to make out is “Ring of blue rocks” and “old entrance dried up.”
- You will find the ring of blue rocks in the raised area on the east side of the map in front of a very damaged cabin that has sunk in a small pond of water. Have your hero build a well inside the ring of blue rocks. When the well is finished you will get a message that says “The well here looks like it connects to an underground river.”
- The next thing you need to do is to click on your hero if he/she isn’t already selected and then right click on the well. When you do this you will get a message that says, “The only way to find out where this goes is to jump in.” Your hero will then on inside the well and emerge in the pond with the sunken cabin through the cave. Your hero will automatically walk to the sunken cabin and open the door with the key that was retrieved from the crate. Your hero will find a chest sitting on the floor in the middle of the cabin. When the chest is open, your hero finds 600 gold and a note saying, “Might have been too ambitious with the moat, I had to use the ladder to escape.” This ends the quest. You will then see your hero standing on the land beside the pond with the sunken cabin.
Easter Egg Hunt
- You trigger this quest by having 2 ranches with chickens, no other ranches are required. As soon as you have the second ranch with chickens, one of your citizens suggests having an Easter egg hunt to raise morale. In order to complete this quest you have to find all 15 hidden eggs. Look at the following screenshots for the locations of the eggs. These screenshots are in no particular order
- If you find you can’t see some of the eggs clearly, you can view the area from a different perspective by holding down you space bar while rotating your mouse.
- After you find the last egg, one of your citizens notices that one of the eggs seems larger than a chicken egg. The larger egg then hatches revealing an Ostrich. The ostrich is one of the secret upgrades. This ends the quest.
- To find out what the other secret upgrade is, plant at least 5 flower pots and water them until they turn purple. Water each flower pot twice and all 5 flower pot has to be purple. After the 5th flower pot has been built and turned purple, a lady shows up in the bottom center of the map wanting to talk to you.
- When you talk to her, she tells you that she just loves the color purple. She then says she has some extra grape seeds and will sell them to you for 50 gold. When you buy the grapes seeds, you can now grow them on your farms. This is the second secret upgrade.
The following list is all of the trophies and how to get them.
- Settler – Complete the tutorial
- Pioneer – Compete the game
- Master Builder – Build every building at least once
- Researcher – Purchase all locked items in the game
- Marshal – Complete all the wanted poster bounty quests
- Horseman – Upgrade your sheriff with a horse
- Green Thumb – Plant 15 trees
- Fur Trader – Collect 100 animal skins
- Food King – Produce 6 different Food sources at the same time
- Economist – Save 10,000 or more at the bank
- Prospector Trio – Employ 3 prospectors at the same gold mine *Note – These guys show up randomly. If you don’t luck up and get 3 to appear on their own, you can build and destroy housing until you get 3 to show up. Do this in one of your towns or in one of the scenes you’re taken to do a quest and have the time to do this, just make sure you’ve saved a gold deposit in the side of a cliff or mountain so you can build a gold mine and employ these guys there when you get them. Also remember while you’re going through the building and destroying process, don’t rebuild until the current residents have gotten mad and left already.
- Paradise – Get Town Happiness to 200 and population to 30 Citizens
- Superior Force – Have 10 combative units that have weapon upgrades at the same time
- One Tough Hombre – Defeat 200 bandits
- Disaster Challenge – Complete the disaster challenge in sandbox mode
- Bandit Showdown – Complete the Bandit Showdown in sandbox mode
- Unknown – Fashion Designer – Collect all 9 hats *Note – The 9 hats are the Magician’s hat, the Viking hat, the Orange Cowboy hat, the Spartan hat, the Pirate hat, the Fruit hat, the Deer hat, the Cheese hat, and the Indian headdress. The first 3 hats are given at the start, you get the Spartan has after you get win the “One Tough Hombre” trophy, you get the Pirate hat after you complete both hidden Treasure quests, you get the Fruit hat after you have 3 farms growing grapes, you get the Deer hat after you build a tannery and employ someone there, you get the Cheese hat after you build 2 cattle ranches and 3 butter churns, and you get the Indian Headdress after you defeat McAllister and run him out of the state after the election.
- Unknown – Generosity – Toss 10 coins in fountain
- Unknown – Butter Churner – Unlock and build a Butter Churn
- Unknown – Wine Meister – Unlock and build the winery
- Unknown – Master Merchant – Unlock all 3 special general store items *Note – The 3 special items are boots, cheese, and wine. You get the boots by having a cattle farm and a tannery, the cheese by having 2 cattle ranches and 3 butter churns, and the wine by having 3 grape farms and a winery.
- Unknown – Treasure Hunter – Solve both hidden Treasure Quests
- Unknown - Grape Farmer – Unlock and grow grapes at your farm
- Unknown – Ostrich Handler – Raise ostriches at your ranch