Game Introduction - Virtual Villagers: Origins
Virtual Villagers: Origins is an island life simulator from Last Day Of Work. You can control the lives of villagers in town in order to make their lives better and rebuilding a civilization after a volcanic eruption. To make things easier for you, you can follow Gamezebo’s quick start guide with all of its tips and tricks.
Quick Start Guide
To get playing Virtual Villagers: Origins, you’ll need to download it first by clicking on the “Play Now” button at the top of this page. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can go ahead and tap on its icon to get playing.
- Upon first starting the game, go ahead and tap on Play to get started immediately. You’ll then be shown the story of the game so you know exactly what’s going on before getting started. Just tap on the screen once you’re ready to start playing the game.
- If it’s your first time playing any of the Virtual Villagers games, you can choose to play a tutorial first before moving on to playing the main game.
How to Play
- Virtual Villagers: Origins is a game that can be complex, so knowing the controls and how to interact with your villagers is important for a successful civilization.
- To make a villager move to a certain spot, just tap and hold on the villager, then drag where you’d like to place him. They will then move around on their own otherwise.
- You can move around the screen independently of a villager by dragging across the screen with your finger to move around the map. This way you can explore the area without moving your villagers around haphazardly.
- At certain points in the game, you will be faced with an option in which you can make a choice that effects your civilization. For example, a stranger may show up that wishes to gather seeds from your island. You may lose a few supplies but you may also gain a boost from the action.
- Foraging is an important skill for your villagers learn, as this is how they are able to gain food supplies. Luckily, teaching your villagers to forage is a painless process. To teach a villager to forage, drag a villager on top of a fruit bush. They will then begin harvesting from the bush until they either gather supplies or fail.
- It is possible for a villager to fail at foraging. When this happens, just drag the villager back on the bush to try again. As your villager harvests over and over again, they will have less chances to fail.
- You can also teach your villagers to Research, which will allow them to gain tech points for their civilization. Eventually, you’ll be able to use these tech points to gain significant upgrades from the “Detail” screen.
- An example of an upgrade would be the medical upgrade, which decreases the frequency of disease on the island. Keep in mind that these upgrades are very expensive. You can buy tech points outright with real money, just be careful before doing so.
- Building is also a skill your villagers can learn, and will allow them to build new houses for your villagers to live in. Without these huts, your villagers are unable to have families. Builders can also perform other tasks, such as cleaning wells.
- To make families in Virtual Villagers: Origins, you will need to make two villagers breed with one another. To do so, drag a male villager on top of a female villager. If they are in the right mood, they will go into a hut and have a baby.
- Babies have distinct abilities that the adults do not have, meaning they can pick small mushrooms that will provide a rare boost for the island.
- The last skill your villagers can learn is healing. Healers can heal other villagers when they’re sick, so it’s definitely worthwhile to have a few skilled healers around. To train a healer, find a sick villager, and then drag another villager on top of him. The more often they heal, the better they will get at healing.
Tech Points & Upgrades
- Tech points are often acquired by your villagers, and can be used to purchase upgrades that your villagers can use.
- If you tap on the “Tech” menu off to the left side of the screen, you can see the different abilities available to you. Each upgrade will allow you to have more skills in the different categories.
- Farming will allow you to harvest from several different crops, ones that are not necessarily just the berry bush.
- Upgrading Medicine will decrease the possibility of disease hitting the island. Your villagers will also live longer with this upgrade.
- Fertility will increase the likelihood of a baby being produced each time you make villagers breed with each other.
- Upgrading the Construction skill will allow your villagers to solve more complex problems on the island, and build more advanced buildings.
- Science advancements allow you to gain tech points faster each time an activity is completed.
- Spirituality is important to your villagers, and will bring them additional happiness when upgraded.
- Additional tech upgrades you can purchase include Time Warp (advances time on the island by 3 years) and Island Event (will immediately cause an island event to occur).
- As you move on the island, you’ll probably find there is debris lying around that you will probably be able to use in the future.
- These pieces of debris can be built later on if you wish through storyline milestones.
- If you tap on the Puzzles icon to the left of the screen, you can see all of the milestones you have already completed. Once you’ve completed a new milestone, it will show up in this menu with a description with what you’ve done.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Virtual Villagers: Origins. Your new civilization will be thriving soon enough with all of the tips you learned above. Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides like this, plus news, previews, reviews and more.