Game Introduction - Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House
Virutal Families 2 is a life-simulation game where you control a family, assist them in their careers, redecorate their home, and much more. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play:
- UI: Let’s get acquainted with the user interface of the game.
- Praising: In the top left corner of the screen you will see a green hand. This is your “praising” button. For the most part, your simulated humans will do as they please. However, to get them to do activities that you would like to encourage (like cleaning up the house of various wrapper, socks and spills) automatically, you can hit the green hand to praise them. Because the game moves at somewhat of a snails pace in terms of getting tasks completed, getting your little humans to do what you want is important.
- Scolding: Just beneath the praise hand is the red “scolding” hand. This is when you see your humans do something that you don’t particularly care for. Maybe they check their email too much and don’t focus on their career—whatever the case—you can use the scold button to make them understand that you do not want them doing it anymore.
- Items: Beneath the praising and scolding buttons is where you different items can be placed. For example, you can purchase all different types of food, and it will be housed in the boxes beneath the hands. You can place them on the table for your humans to put away in the refrigerator.
- Human Status: When you have touched your human, the status bar near the bottom of the screen will appear. Here you can see their name, age, what they are currently doing and their mood.
- Bank: The bank icon will give you a snapshot of how much cash your humans currently have to spend on food, decorations and so on. They will earn cash through their careers automatically.
- Human Information: By clicking on the name in the above screenshot, you can get a snapshot of that particular human. This is your information hub on all things about that person. As you can see in the above image, you can hit the arrow next to the picture of the character and swap between the different humans living in the house.
- Money: By clicking on the bank icon, you can see how much each of your characters make in a day, their current interest rate and their current interest rate on their savings. As you can see, this is in real-time terms. You can stop playing for a day, and their money will only increase by the amount of their daily income, plus interest.
- Player Upgrades: As you play and time moves forward, the humans in your house will also move forward. They will get promotions in their career, earning them more money, for example. However, the game has included a number of upgrades that you can give to your simulated humans. They range from giving a particular member some much needed therapy if they aren’t happy, or give them some career training to boost their prospects in getting a better paying job.
- Purchasing Gold: By selecting the store icon in the first screenshot of the game, you access the ability to purchase in game cash—for real world cash. This is a quick and dirty way to get some money to purchase some upgrades for your virtual families needs.
- Boosts: You can also purchase various boosts with cold hard cash. See some examples in the above screenshot—all of these boosts are $1.
- Store Items: There are several categories of things that you can purchase in the store. In the screenshot you can see some of the categories. Perhaps the most important will be career. After all, earning money on your own in the game will be the best way to forge to the future with these careers.
- Flea Market: The flea market has items on discount from their regular price. The items for sale in the flea market change every few hours, so there is some incentive for you to come checking in our your little humans throughout the day.
- Goals: Virtual Families 2 has a variety of goals for you to complete while you play. As you play the game and complete some of these goals, the game rewards you with some bonus coins for your efforts. This is a great way to earn goal and save towards that new decoration or renovation you’ve wanted to purchase.
- Leveling: Additionally, as you complete these goals you are leveling your humans. The higher the level, the more items that open up for purchase in the game’s shop.
- No Need to Rush: Unlike many other games of this type (or ancillary genres like city-building), Virtual Families 2 is a pretty slow game. Each day actually counts as a day, so it will take some time to accrue money with your characters. Check in on your characters once a day at least, and continue to praise good behaviors (which will begin to automate them), and see if there are any items on sale for you to pick up.
- Career-Focus: Because this game is slow-paced, as previously stated, focusing on your characters careers early on should be paramount. You can pick up your character and drag them into their office to have them work on their careers, which will pay dividends in promotions and more daily earnings.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Virtual Families 2! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!