Game Introduction - Tiny Castle
Tiny Castle lets you rule your own kingdom with style! This newest addition from Tiny Co. starts you out with a tiny kingdom and as you upgrade your castle and complete quests, you can build creature-specific homes and prolific farms. Feed and raise your creatures to adulthood where they can be cross-bred and eventually even more magical creatures will live in your kingdom, giving it great value. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Tiny Castle can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- The game begins with the storyline being read to you and in text form along the bottom of the screen. Tap through the dialogue buttons as you read the screens. You will only see the storyline once.
- You will be asked if you would like push notifications sent to your device when you load the game for the first time. You can change your notifications settings at any time in the settings menu along with choosing which ones you want to stop.
- The game can be connected to your Facebook account or Game center via the settings menu. There is currently no way to play the game with other players as there is no social features. This should change in a few weeks so please be sure to check the game frequently for these kinds of updates. Once connected to Facebook you can post notices to your Facebook page for others to see. Eventually the game will connect you with your Facebook friends so you may want to go ahead and sign up now for automatic friends when the changes take place in a few weeks.
- To connect to “Game center” you will need to go into the help menu which is in the settings area.
- There is a brief tutorial showing you how to work through various game elements. This guide will get you started and give you a more detailed look at how to play the game along with player tips for better scores.
- Note – There are currently only twenty five levels available in the game. If you reach level twenty five keep playing the game by doing maintenance tasks such as collecting rent, breeding, removing debris and completing quests. You will earn money and XP and the game keeps track of your XP so that eventually you will see a game notification (Be sure to turn on this area of your notifications) telling you that more levels have been added to the game. As soon as more level are added, the game will take your current number of XP an immediately apply them. Your new current level will be figured out so instead of seeing level “26” you may already be at level “30” or higher. This is why it is important to keep playing even if you think the game is over as it is not. Each level will become increasingly more difficult and will take much more XP to reach the next level.
- Tap on the “Market” button at the bottom right of the game screen and this will cause the market menu to appear. Tap on the icon with the picture of a wrench along the top right of this page and you will be taken to the settings menu shown in the image above. You may tap on any of the four buttons to help you with the following;
- Notifications – Here you can toggle notifications on or off for creature status, building status, courage or healing alerts and debris alerts.
- Sounds – Toggle the game music or game sound effect on and off here.
- Facebook – You may log into your Facebook account and “Like” the game here.
- Help – Tap here for instructions on various elements in the game. This guide will give you a much more detailed look at how to play the game and get your best score. You can also access “Game Center” via this menu.
- A. XP – (Round purple bubble) – or “Experience points” are earned when you complete quests, place buildings, purchase decorative items, hatch and place eggs. XP help you to level up as the bubble along the top left of the screen fills up. Each time you level up you are given a large coin and sometimes a jewel bonus. At times you will win free decorative items to place on the land which are found in the shop for “0” coins and you unlock more items in the market with each level up that occurs.
- B. Game Currency Indicators– The indicators are shown along the top of the screen and will show you how much of each type of currency you have on hand. Jewels and coins each have their own indicator along with a button with the “+” symbol to tap on which takes you to a menu to purchase more.
- C. Quest Menu/Quest icons - (Icon along the left and bottom left of game screen) Tap on this button to be taken to the quest menu. (See “Quests” below for more specific information.)
- D. Food – This is the apple icon which represents how much food you have on hand to feed your creatures so that they level up and earn more money for you over time.
- E. Magic Dust – This is the beaker icon shown at the top right of the game screen. Here you will see how much dust you have on hand as well as the ability to order more by tapping on the “+” sign. (See “Magic Dust” below for more specific information.) You will need magic dust to purchase many of the required buildings and to complete quests.
- F. Market – Tap here to access the game market menu which allows you to purchase habitats, décor items, and more.
- There are two types of currency used in the game for purchasing creature eggs and habitats. There are currency indicators shown along the top of the game screen.
- Gold coins - This is the basic game currency collected from creature habitats, completing quests and leveling up. You will start the game with four thousand gold coins.
- Tap on the “+” button to bring up the menu to purchase currency as shown above.
- Jewels – These are the premium currency of the game. You can use this currency to purchase special creatures that will give you advantages during quests and to help you with building construction and debris removal such as instant completion.
- You will start out with five jewels and you may win more when you level up in the game and/or complete a quest.
- Jewels must be purchased with real currency. You can access the currency menu by tapping on the “+” symbol along the currency indicator at the top of the game screen or when you try to purchase something the game will prompt the menu. Gold coins and/or jewels can be purchased in bundles. The more you purchase the less you will pay overall.
- Purchases are considered “In app” purchases and will be charged to your mobile device.
- Prices of coin or jewel (also this includes food or magic dust) bundles range from .99 to $99.99 USD. The larger the bundle you purchase the better overall rate you will receive.
- The quest menu can be accessed by tapping on the quest icon at the lower left corner or on any of the singular icons along the left side of the game screen. Tap on the icon and a menu will appear showing a list of all the quests. Tap on a quest to read it. Tap on “Go” to complete the quest.
- Completion of a quest results in multiple rewards such as coins, jewels, magic dust, XP and decorative items you can find in the market with a cost of “0” once you win them.
- Placing Homes for your creatures
- Each creature in the game has a habitat or house specific to it. You can find these in the building section of the market. Once you move over to other areas such as “Volcano Mountain” you can build homes but they are very expensive compared to the central kingdom.
- Tap on the building you wish to purchase and note the price along the bottom. Buildings can be purchased with coins. You may also purchase several of one building in some cases such as the farm. You can have at least four farms until you reach level six in the game. This can be very helpful when trying to earn large amounts of food for your creatures to level them up and make them stronger for battling minions.
- You will see a large circle around the building once it leaves the purchase menu. If the circle is red you cannot place it. Move it with your fingertip until it turns green. Then you may tap on the green check mark to lock in the purchase. If you change your mind tap on the red “X” to cancel the transaction.
- Once you place the building you will need to wait for the construction to complete. This can take a few seconds up to several hours. Tap on the construction site and you will see a countdown clock as well as a button telling you how many jewels you can pay to complete it right away. If you tap on this button the building will instantly complete and will be ready for use.
Moving Buildings or Décor items
- Tap on a building to get the menu to expand.
- Tap on “Move” and you will see a green circle around the building. Use your fingertip to move it to a new location until the circle turns green again then tap on the “Accept” button to save the new changes.
- Note – The only way to move trees, geysers, rocks and other debris items is to pay for its removal and wait the designated amount of time unless you choose to pay with jewels for instant removal.
- The castle, bridge and some other structures cannot be moved. If you tap on an item and you don’t see a “move” button then it cannot be moved from its location.
- Creatures can be purchased in the creature menu of the main market. When you tap on the purchase button an egg will be placed in the hatchery right next to the castle. Tap on the egg to see how long until it is hatched or you may use jewels to pay for instant completion. Once you see the egg icon over the hatchery tap on it and then place the egg inside the habitat or sell the egg for the price listed.
- Each habitat can hold at least two creatures after which you will need to upgrade it and this will make room for more.
- Tap on a creature habitat then on its representative icon to bring up its personal menu.
- Each creature has unique features about it and it has an offensive and a defensive score. The offensive score is shown with the sword and the defensive value is shown with the gold shield. You will see these values when you tap on the about button and then on the animal icon to read more about it.
- Each creature must be fed and each time you feed it to the maximum allowed amount it will reach the next level and require more feeding with each level upgrade. Food must be either purchased or grown in your farms. (Read “Farming” below for more details.)
- Tap on the feed button along the bottom left once to feed it the amount shown in the button. This will increase each time your creature levels up.
Upgrading Creature/Dream Tower
- Once a creature reaches level four or five you will see “Tuck in” at the bottom of the info screen. You must have a dream tower built on your kingdom before you can do this. You can purchase this from the building menu and will have to wait for construction to complete or use jewels for instant completion. Once this building is ready tap on it to bring up the menu.
- Note – You have the option to add a second slot to your dream tower allowing two creatures to upgrade within it at one time. It costs nineteen jewels to add this second slot to your dream tower and while helpful, is not mandatory.
- Tap the “Tuck in” button and this will let the creature grow. It will take a certain amount of time before this is completed. Tap on the tower to see a countdown clock showing you how long until it is time to wake up.
- Once completed you will see a moon icon over the tower. Tap on it and then tap on the “Wake” button.
- Note – You can also pay in jewels for instant completion if you choose.
- You will now have a teenager or adult creature in the habitat. Try to keep feeding your creatures so you have several old enough to cross breed and do battle with minions as well earn you much larger amounts of money over time.
Collecting from Creatures
- Once the creatures are in their habitats they are earning coins at varying rates and varying times. When you see a coin icon over a habitat you must tap on it to collect the funds. You must collect these funds as no more are earned until this amount is collected.
Collecting funds early
- You at any time can tap on a habitat and the menu will open. Tap on “Collect” and you can instantly add any amount of coins that have been earned so far to your overall total. This is very helpful when you are a few coins away from having enough for a needed purchase.
- Tip – It is best to collect all funds before you close the app. If you do not have a coin over a habitat showing it is at its maximum clear out all that you can so that they will tend to all be due at the same time.
- Be sure to set notifications to let you know when coins are ready for collection.
- Food is needed to feed your creatures and cause them to level up and eventually become teenagers and adults so they can cross breed and result in even more rare species for large amounts of money.
- The apple is the icon for food and there is a food indicator along the top of the screen. You can tap on this icon to purchase more food if you choose.
- You must have a farm to make food for your creatures. You will start out with one farm and you can add more farms as you level up. Once you reach level six you can have four farms at a time in your kingdom. Be sure you always keep your farms working for you.
- Tap on a farm when you see the hoe icon over it this means it is not in use. Tap on the building and a menu such as the one above will appear. Choose one of the options listed which can take thirty seconds up to several hours.
- When it is time to collect the food you will see a green apple icon over the farm. Tap on it to collect and add to the running total of the food indicator along the top of the screen.
Purchasing additional food
- You can tap on the indicator icon along the top of the game screen and it will take you to the purchase menu. You can purchase food in bundles for real currency ranging from .99 cents to $99.99 USD. Food is sold in bundles which save you money.
- Tap on any creature habitat and along the bottom menu you will see an icon representing each creature that is located inside that habitat. Tap on this icon to be taken to a creature’s individual summary screen.
- Tap on the “Feed” button at the bottom left of the game screen and it will feed your creature the amount shown.
- Each time you tap the amount shown on the button will be fed to the creature and the vertical meter will fill up with green. Once this meter fills up to the top your creature will reach the next level. Note here the amount of money the creature earns increases. The amount of food fed to reach the next level also increases. You can either farm more food or purchase food bundles to feed your creature.
- Once you feed and upgrade to level four or five you will be able to “tuck in” your creature at the dream tower for a short nap. You must have a dream tower in place before you can do this. (See “Dream tower” for more information.)
- Once you reach level five you can purchase and place the “Dream tower” in the buildings section of the market and place it in your kingdom. You will need to wait an hour for completion or you may pay one jewel for instant completion.
- Once you reach level four or five by feeding your creatures you will be asked to “Tuck in” your creature and they will sleep in the dream tower. When they awaken they will be a teenager. Teenagers will do the same once they reach level ten and will then become adults.
- The most important reason you want to raise your creatures is that with each level they earn more money for you per level and they can be crossbred with other creatures to form special creatures that have high fighting abilities as well as high coin payouts.
- Tap on “Tuck in” and assign the creature. Once the designated amount of time has passed you will see a moon icon over the tower. Tap on it and then tap on “Wake” and your older creature will be presented and returned to their habitat.
Breeding/Enchanted Tree/Creating Hybrids
- Once you have two different creatures that have been placed through the dream tower after reaching level five you can now start to breed creatures for hybrids that will earn much larger amounts of money than those purchased in the market.
- You must first place an Enchanted Tree in your kingdom which can be found in the building menu in the market. Once it is placed wait for construction or pay jewels for instant completion.
- Once the tree is completed tap on the tree to bring up the breeding menu.
- You will see two columns with the creatures listed and only those highlighted are available.
- Tap on one creature on each side of the menu. They will highlight in gold once chosen and a “Summon now” button will appear as shown in the image above.
- Tap on the button to begin the breeding session which will take a while. You can always use jewels to pay for instant completion if you wish.
- You will now see a time bar appear across the tree as well as a countdown clock which shows how much time must go by until the breeding is complete. You can always purchase instant completion with jewels the cost of which is shown next to the clock.
- The magic of each creature will be mixed making the resulting hybrid more powerful than its parents.
- Keep this in process whenever possible.
- When you see the icon over the tree tap on it and you will see your new hybrid. You can either sell it or place it in a habitat. You may need to purchase a new habitat so make sure you have room for it by the time the creature egg hatches.
- NOTE – If you have creatures tied up in breeding or in the dream tower they are not available to fight minions so make sure you have at least one high level creature available to fight while you are breeding others.
Magic Well/Magic Dust
- One of the first things you will need to place in your kingdom is a magic well. In addition to purchasing it you can only get magic dust by winning it during level up rewards or quest completion rewards or by purchasing it with real currency in various bundles. Once it is placed you can tap on it and a menu will appear that allows you to purchase magic dust in varying amounts over various amounts of time.
- Tap on the amount of magic dust you want and you will see a countdown menu appear in the lower right corner. You will also see the ability to purchase these instantly using jewels if you do not want to wait. The amount varies based on what you have chosen.
- Once the dust is ready for collection you will see a full beaker over the well (blue fluid inside the beaker) Tap to collect the dust and you will see it added to the magic dust meter at the top right of the game screen. You will need magic dust to purchase many of the buildings and upgrades in the game.
- If you tap on the “+” symbol at the top right of the game screen you will bring up this menu which allows you to purchase magic dust in bundles using real currency. This will be charged to your mobile device based on how you have it set up to do so. You can purchase in bundles starting at .99 cents to $99.99 USD.
- Once the dust is collected the icon over the well changes to an empty beaker.
- Tip – It is a good idea to always have the magic well working on more magic dust as you will need it in large quantities as you level up.
Upgrading your Castle
- Your castle is very important as it represents your strength in the game and if you tap on it you will see a summary of your storage capacity for coins, magic dust and food.
- When you upgrade your castle for the first time (Drafty Castle) you will have the following amounts added to your maximum capacity;
- Gold – +31,000 coins storage
- Food - +365 food storage
- Magic dust - +230 dust storage
- The cost for your first castle upgrade is 13,000 coins and 100 of the magic dust. You will want to save for this or purchase these items when the time comes to upgrade. You will not be able to fight minions or purchase particular buildings for quest completion until you upgrade your castle. There are several upgrades available and more will be available once the game has more than twenty five levels.
- Once you reach level five you will begin to see creatures standing around you buildings. These are minions sent by the evil queen to wreak havoc on your kingdom and the surrounding areas you choose to explore and build on. The minions vary in appearance with the minions near your castle which are green, slender and wear brown vests. On the area on the other side of the bridge south of your Kingdom you will see volcanoes and minions there which are pink monsters with flowing gold and blue hair wearing purple shirts.
- Any minion that is located next to your properties that make money will steal ten percent of all profits unless you bribe or banish them away.
- Tap on the minion and you will see two buttons appear at the bottom of the screen as pictured above. You have the option to banish or bribe the minion away.
Bribing a Minion
- If you choose to bribe a minion tap on the “Bribe” button and a menu will appear asking for a large amount of your food or coins.
- Tap on the bribe button if you choose to and the minion will disappear giving you back the ten percent in profits it was stealing from you.
- A minion can return to this area in the future.
- Tap on the “X” in the upper right corner if you choose to not bribe the minion and would rather take your chances on battling them instead.
Placing a “Courage Keep”
Before you can banish a minion you must have a “Courage keep” placed on land. You can purchase one from the buildings section of the market for 4500 coins once you upgrade your castle (Note that it costs 13,000 coins and 100 magic dust to purchase your first upgrade and it will take two hours to complete the construction or you may purchase instant completion for seven jewels) doing this will also complete the “A few new towers” goal in the quest list for a reward of 2500 coins, one jewel, five magic dust, and 150 XP. It is very costly to upgrade your castle so be sure you do not purchase any unnecessary decorations or eggs until you have upgraded your castle.
- The purpose of a “courage keep” is to have a place to send your creatures that have battled a minion and lost to it so they can heal. You are not allowed to battle until you have a “courage keep” placed in your kingdom. Also, you cannot place a “courage keep” until you have upgraded your castle for the first time. (Read information above for more details about upgrading your castle.)
How to Banish a Minion
- Tap on the “Banish” button and you will be taken to a menu which shows the minion versus a list of all the creatures you have that area adults and qualified to fight. You will see the offensive score by the sword icon and the defensive value by the gold shield icon. You will want to use your highest ranking creature to fight against this minion. If the minion is too high above you will lose.
- Tap on the creature you wish to use to fight and it will highlight in gold. You will also see the chances of winning listed at the bottom of the screen.
- Battle – Once in battle you will be taken to a brief explanation screen. You will see a group of four orbs surrounding the minion. Every few seconds they will move inward and back out again. You need to tap on the orbs when they are overlapping each other in the center of the minion. This is not as easy as it looks and the more accurate you are the more powerful the blow will be.
- After your turn the minion will take a shot at your creature.
- This will happen back and forth until the first creature runs out of energy shown in the meter above their heads.
- The first creature to be depleted of energy loses and the game will announce the winner.
- If you lose you must send your creature to the “courage keep” building where he will heal. Tap on the building then on the “heal” button to send him there. Tap on the building again to see how long he will need to be there. This will cost money and time. You can use jewels to skip the healing time if you wish.
- Note the amount paid to heal is always in coins but to speed it to instant completion is in jewels only.
- When you see a green check mark on the shield over the building you can tap to put your creature back in its habitat so it can again earn money for you.
- NOTE – While a creature is in the “Courage Keep” it cannot earn money for you. Choose wisely when placing characters in battle against minions as if they lose you will have to keep them in the courage keep awhile to heal.
Clearing away Fog/Exploring new land (Expansion)
- You can tap on any area of fog and you will see it highlight along with a cost listed along the bottom. You must always pay for the exploration of the area under fog with magic dust. Once you pay this amount the fog will lift away and anything under it is now under your control.
Clearing away debris
- You will notice rocks, trees, and many other kinds of debris that keep you from building on a spot of land.
- Tap on the item and note a price will appear at the lower right corner. Tap on this and the item will be removed from your land. This could take anywhere from thirty seconds to many hours. You can always instantly complete debris removal with jewels by tapping on that option.
- Decorations can be purchased in the market using coins or jewels. They will only earn you XP when placed in your kingdom and do not earn any coin payouts over time such as buildings and habitats.
- Decorations are required for the completion of many quests.
- Game center keeps a list of over thirty achievements you can earn by completing different tasks in the game.
- Go into the market menu then tap on the wrench icon and go into the settings menu.
- Tap on the achievement icon then you will be taken to a page in game center where you can log in or create and account if you do not have one. Once logged in you will be able to read all of the achievements and it is recommended you do so before you play the game to help guide you.
Game Tips/Additional Information
- Be sure to spend your money conservatively at first and follow the quests closely.
- Once you have enough funds around level four start purchasing as many farms as you can afford.
- Keep your farms, magic well, dream tower, and any other building in constant use to maximize your goods and profits.
- You should always clear your funds before you leave the app. Even if you have no coin icon over a habitat saying it is ready for collection tap on it and hit the “Collect” button before you leave to make sure all funds are cleared out and all habitats are earning once you leave.
- Work on having at least two different creatures matured to level five so you can crossbreed and try for the hybrids that make a lot of money for you.
- Keep clearing out the land and removing debris so you have room for new habitats.
- You will need to have a dream tower and a “courage keep” in order to combat minions. Minions take away ten percent of the profits of any building they are standing next to. They can either be bribed or banished. There are different minions in different areas of the land. Banishing a minion makes you weak and requires your creature to repair in the “courage keep.”
You have completed the basic quick start guide for Tiny Castle by Tiny Co. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo.