Game Introduction - Stormfall: Age of War
Stormfall: Age of War is a strategy game developed by Plarium. In this game you manage a castle town all your own, as well as battle other players. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Stormfall: Age of War is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- You will be asked to register with the game's developer. When you have created a username and a password, you will be taken to the log-in screen. Log in to get started on the game.
- When you start Stormfall: Age of War you will be greeted by your loyal advisor, who will take you through a tutorial to explain the basics of the game.
Stormfall: Age of War Basics
- In order to successfully run your castle, you need resources, and as in any medieval time, you need them bad! In Stormfall: Age of War, there are three resources that you can gather.
- In order to see how many resources you have, and how many resources are produced, you can check the statistics in the top left corner of the screen. The production number is the amount of resources you are currently receiving every hour. You will want to try and produce approximately the same amount of each of the resources to grow your base most effectively.
- Gold is earned through residents that live in townhouses. These townhouses must be build upon an encampment. While titanium is needed for producing or upgrading everything, it is mostly used for training defensive troops.
- Iron is collected from the mines. These mines must be build upon a ore field. While titanium is needed for producing or upgrading everything, it is mostly used for training offensive troops.
- Food is produced on a farm, which can be build anywhere. are earned by gathering taxes, which are collected by vaults. While credits are needed for producing or upgrading everything, it is mostly used for maintaining the troops on the parade ground.
- Around the outskirts of your base you will find some things standing out from just your regular environment. Click on a boar for extra food. Click on the troll with the gold to gather extra gold. Click on the knight skeleton for extra iron. Look around regularly to see if there's more extra resources to collect.
- Build warehouses for holding gold and iron and barns for holding food. Make sure you upgrade them regularly so your production doesn't come to a stop when the capacity is full.
- Sapphires are special resources, which are earned rather than produced. Visit your castle every day, complete missions or buy extra sapphires with Facebook credits to train elite troops, purchase special items at the black market or build your defenses.
- Like the sapphires, Skull Runes are special resources earned through special events. Once a day, you can use these skull runes in the Obelisk of Power to upgrade certain statistics, such as the speed or build time of your troops.
Building a strong kingdom
- Much as the leaders often take credit for winning battles, it's the troops on the front line that make the difference. To train troops, visit the sentry house and indicate how many of which troops you want to train.
- There are offensive troops, such as Paladins and Pikemen, and defensive troops, such as archers and dwarfs. Although you can use both for attacking other bases, it's best not to risk your defensive troops on that unless you are really short on offensive troops.
- Make sure that when you send out troops to attack another base, you always leave troops behind to defend your castle. If you don't, the time it takes for your troops to travel to and from the battle field will leave your base vulnerable to attacks by other players. Aside from leaving behind defensive troops, build defensive structures around your base, such as a wall, towers, gates and defensive weapons.
- Once a day your scribe will have a new scroll for you, which enables you to research new Lost Arts and unlock new skills, troops and defenses. If you receive a scroll you already have, you can trade it at the market with other Lords.
- Check the Lost Arts' 'skill tree' to see which art can be unlocked next and choose wisely. Another very important thing to remember: do not forget to upgrade the unlocked skills regularly, as even the most mysterious arts are not very useful if not trained well.
You have completed the quick start guide for Stormfall: Age of War. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.