Game Introduction - Ruzzle
Ruzzle is a competitive timed-based word game where you try to find as many words as possible, defeating your opponents in points scored. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play:
- Starting a Game: Much like every other competitive word game out there, there are a number of different options to find players. There’s Facebook, Twitter, game-based, and then of course, your standard random opponent options.
- Practice: There’s also a practice mode, where you can get acquainted with the game a bit better and get better at finding words. However, the practice mode is only for the premium version of the game, which will cost you $2.99.
- Game Board: Here is Ruzzle’s game board. It is a 4x4 square where you can use all the letters to try to create a word. The only rule is that the pieces have to be connected to each other to create a word. You can go backwards, forwards, diagonal—just make sure that they touch and you’re set to make that word
- Points and Variables: Each word has a point value—the rarer a letter shows up in the word, the more points the letter is worth. There are also double letter, triple letter, double word and triple word variables throughout the round. This means that, for example, if you spell the word “GONE” on this board, the “G” will be worth 9 points, with the entire word being worth 12 points. This means that early on, your focus for word creation should be centered around the “G” on this board—as you can see, finding words that include it will get you many points.
- Timer: The time remaining will be shown in the top left corner. You’ll have two minutes in each round to find as many words as possible to complete rack up your score. If you play with sound, you’ll have music to give you an indication when time is running out so you can focus more on the board rather than how much time is remaining.
- Scoring: The game utilizes three rounds. In the first round, you’ll just have a double letter and triple letter on the board. In the second round, it will introduce a double word. Finally, in the third round, it will include a triple word icon. The winner will be the person with the highest score in after all three rounds has been completed.
Tips and Tricks
- Turn off the Sound: You’ll want to have the sound off. The music included in the game, at least for me, makes me nervous and rush to find words when time is running out. It’s much better to have it muted and just focus on finding words continuously than having the countdown. It just puts too much pressure on you.
- Move Around: While the triple word, double letter, and so on is a very important component in the game, I have found it is much more successful to move around and not focus too heavily on getting all of the words that utilize the point multipliers. Start in the area of the multiplier; by all means, but slowly work around the board to find more words. You’ll be surprised how many times you’ll be used the multipliers seemingly on accident as you move around the board anyways.
- Work in Fours: This is a key strategy in this game for me. I break the board down to four letters components and try to find smaller words within them. Starting with consonants, and then finding a vowel and seeing where the letters take me has me consistently putting up very respectable point numbers.
- ED, ER, S Are Good: So much of this game is finding building words. By finding “ED” for example, you might find the word “rat” as well. So you’ll have rat, rate, rated. Great way to get some points without a whole heck of a lot of thought—but every word counts!
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Ruzzle! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!