Oct 22, 2010
Tips to Increase Neighbors and Income
- When you play Restaurant Story you will need a Storm8 ID which is a free account used to connect players from other games developed by TeamLava LLC such as Farm Story and City Story. All you need is a user name. No emails or filling out of forms is needed. Once you type in your preferred user name, if no one else has it then it is yours and you are ready to go.
- Unfortunately the Neighbors you make in the other "Story" TeamLava games do not carry over to Restaurant Story automatically so you will need to invite people to become your neighbors.
- Whenever anyone leaves a tip at your Restaurant you earn 20 coins and 1 XP.
- Community Members - People that play the game and are found on the social Menu list can tip you 3 times per day. (60 Coins and 3 XP per Community member Visit)
- Neighbors - Neighbors can tip you 6 times a day which earns you a lot more money (120 Coins and 6 XP per Neighbor visit) and Neighbors can also send you gifts which are HUGE money savers. Gifts are secret recipes already prepared and ready to serve. You can place these in between dishes that take large amounts of time to prepare.
- Getting Neighbors can be tricky if you do not know your Neighbor's Storm8 ID there are a few things you can do to increase your neighbor count and increase your daily income in Restaurant Story.
- 1. If you have a Facebook account you can post a message on your Profile asking for friends to send you their Storm8 ID name.
- Once you have their name tap on "Social" in the main menu or tap on the yellow phone icon at the top right of the game screen. Next tap on "Invite Neighbors" and type in their Storm 8 ID name. If you are successful you will see a message stating an inviation was sent and your neighbor must accept it before you are official Restaurant City Neighbors. Once accepted you can tip each other 6 times per 24 hours instead of 3 and can send each other free food ready to serve to customers.
- 2. This is a neat little trick I have used to find Neighbors for Restaurant Story and other Storm8 games.
- When you tap on the "Social" menu you will see "Community" on one of the tabs. These people are not your neighbors they are people that are also playing the game you can visit. The more community members a person visits the more Star Rating points they earn and the higher the odds they will (or you will) end up listed at the top of the list where more players will see you.
- Once you tap on "Visit" you can tip them 3 times and earn the 60 coins and 3 XP for doing so.
- Here is the trick to finding neighbors.. After you are done tipping them tap on the persons' "Wall" which is at the top left of the screen next to their user name and stats shown in image above..
- You can read messages that have been sent to this community player and frequently people will post that they have left tips but will also post their Storm8 user IDs and that they are looking for neighbors as well.
- Go through several community members leaving tips and visit their message wall areas writing down as many Storm8 IDs that you can find on a piece of paper.
- Once you are ready go back to the "Social" area and tap on "Invite Friends" Here you can type in the names you have saved and invite as many people as you want to be your Neighbors.
- They will be sent an invitation from you and must accept before you are official Neighbors. You will see their Restaurant name and star rating listed under the neighbor menu with the word "Pending" underneath until they accept.
- Once they are your Neighbor you will be able to send and receive the secret recipes once every 24 hours and tip each other 6 times per 24 hours.
- While looking at the message areas of the community members to find user IDs you could also post your own message asking others to send you invitations to be neighbors.
- I usually type out a message such as, "Hi! Would you like to be Neighbors? If so, my User ID is "Gamezebogal" Thanks! "
- Once I type that message in I hit "Select all" then "copy" the text so that all I have to do is paste the same message into the text box during each visit to a new community member's restaurant.
- I was able to quadruple the number of friends on my list in under 12 hours with these methods so I hope they help you as well.
- Have fun and please feel free to add me to your game and leave me a message. My Storm8 user ID is "Gamezebogal"