Game Introduction - Red Ball 3
Red Ball 3 is a logic puzzle game from Chillingo and Red Ball Studio for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. You play as a red ball that is out to retrieve his blue damsel in distress. The puzzles can sometimes be very difficult, but luckily Gamezebo’s quick start guide is here to provide you with all the tips, tricks and solutions you’ll need to have your damsel back in no time.
Quick Start Guide
- The first thing you will need to do to start playing Red Ball 3 is to download and install it on your device by clicking the “Get It Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once the game has finished installing, you can launch it by tapping the icon labeled “Red Ball 3” on the home screen of your device.
- On the main menu, you will be given the option to use Crystal, Chillingo’s social game network. If you do not already have a Crystal account, you can fill out a small form in order to register. The advantage to having a Crystal account is the ability to earn achievements as well as view leaderboards and compare your scores with your friends and the rest of the world.
- Upon the initial launch of the game, you will be shown a cut scene that serves as the launching point into the muted story played in Red Ball 3. Watch the cut scene as it will show you exactly why the red ball you are playing as must complete these levels.
How To Play
- In Red Ball 3, levels are arranged into several sets. To start with, you will have a set of 21 levels to get through. More levels will likely come at later date, so keep an eye on your App Store updates for more levels in due time.
- The controls in Red Ball 3 are actually very simple, and only require moving the ball left or right and pushing the jump button when necessary.
- Note: Your ball does have momentum, so you will need to take that into account when you are moving it around.
- As you can see in the first level of the game, you will need to collect up to 3 stars and then get to the end obstacle to complete each level.
- In your path to completion, there are usually several obstacles in your way, and understanding how they work is very important to do well. For example: A spike or pit is an immediate death. Take extra care and make sure to jump over these when you see them. Further examples include boxes that you can swing on. These boxes are usually placed in precarious positions and you’ll need to be quick to make it further.
- To control the ball, tap the left or right buttons shown in the bottom left corner of the screen. To jump, tap the Jump button in the bottom right corner. Understanding these controls is vital. If you are left handed and would prefer the buttons be switched around, you can find an option in the main menu to do so.
- Most stars in levels are usually unreachable by simply rolling under them and hitting the jump button. You will usually have to come up with some way to roll back and forth to get enough momentum to grab them.
- Finding stars can sometimes be difficult because they are hidden. If you are next to a solid piece of land and here a certain chime sound, it means you are next to a wall that is actually hollow. You can roll right into the wall and grab the star if you are careful enough.
- Note: Once you have grabbed a star in any particular level, it will carry over through any potential deaths you have.
- Another important note is that you do not have to be stuck on any particular level if you are having too much trouble. Tap the pause button in the top left corner to access a small menu, then tap the >> icon shown to advance to the next level automatically. You will, however, forfeit any potential points.
- In order to give you the best understanding possible when it comes to the techniques required to become a master of Red Ball 3, the following solutions have been provided.
Solution for Level 1
- Being the first level in Red Ball 3, a good first impression works wonders.
- To complete this level: Roll immediately to the right and jump onto the first ledge. Grab the star that sits on top of this ledge.
- Now, roll to the right just for a bit, then roll back towards the start and push the jump button right before you fall. The ball should leap and grab the second star.
- Roll back over the ledge and jump over the pit. Jump over the box in front of the ball as well. Now, move the box closer to the pit by rolling against it. Once the box is fairly close, go ahead and jump onto the pit. Grab the star while avoiding the pit if you can.
- Now you have all three stars, move the box back towards the ledge on the right, hop on top and grab the flag to complete the level. You will now be shown your final score for the level.
Solution for Level 5
- Level 5 is where Red Ball 3 starts getting fairly tricky.
- To complete this level: Move the ball to the right, going into the water. Now, hold the jump button while moving to the right. You will find a secret path that you need to take to grab one star. Hold the button combination until you’ve reached the vertical tunnel and let go. The first star should be grabbed automatically. Hold the jump button and left to exit the underwater tunnel.
- Get back onto dry land. Now, jump onto the first box and balance yourself as it attempts to swing. Carefully jump to the second box, and then slide down the side of it to grab the second star. Go back to dry land, then over the two boxes to reach the small flag which is a checkpoint.
- Hop over the deadly spikes to reach the elevator. Push the switch to ride it down. Roll to the right while avoiding the smashers, then ride the next lift to the top. While still standing on the lift, have your ball jump into the mountain. The path is invisible at first, so it may take a few tries. Climb the stairs to reach the third star. Make your way back right again to reach the finish at the top of the lift.
- You have completed the quick start guide for Red Ball 3 on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Now that you are a ball expert, you can master all the levels in no time. Be sure to keep checking back with Gamezebo for reviews, previews, guides and more!