Game Introduction - Real Racing 3
Developed by Firemonkeys, Real Racing 3 is a game in which you race against many AI opponents in an array of cars that you can unlock by being the best racer around. Becoming the best racer and unlocking the best cars can be challenging, but with Gamezebo's quick start guide you'll have all of the tips, tricks, and walkthroughs you need to get ahead of the game.
Quick Start Guide
- To get playing Real Racing 3 as quickly as possible, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. The game is a free download, so there is absolutely no risk to trying it out for yourself.
- Upon starting the game for the first time, you will be asked to learn the controls so you know how to play before you even start.
- Learning the controls is a vital aspect of playing Real Racing 3, so that is why the game asks you to calibrate and learn them first before heading in to play.
- When you first start the game, you will be asked to rotate your device so that the game knows how to offset your controls. Tilt your device left and right when the game asks you to in order to move on.
- When you've started racing, your car will accelerate automatically. You will only be in charge of steering and breaking the car while racing.
- To steer, tilt your device in the direction you'd like to steer or in a level horizontal position to go straight. Your car is very sensitive to every movement you make, so be careful not to overcorrect while steering.
- To brake, tap on the brake icon shown near the bottom of the screen.
- If you want, you can also change the game's controls at any time while playing. To change the controls, tap on the pause button in the upper left corner of the screen. Then, tap on the gear icon in the lower left corner that indicates options. Lastly, tap on the joystick icon that indicates controls. Here, you will find several different options you can switch to.
- The tilt options are variations on the default in which you tilt your device but in a slightly different fashion. Tilt B even offers the option to control the accelerator on your car.
- The Wheel options place an on-screen wheel that you can manipulate via touch control. You'll need to tap and hold on the wheel and drag to steer your car.
- Also available is a Buttons control that places on-screen buttons you can push that can steer your car left or right depending on the button you push.
- In this menu, you can also choose to recalibrate your device and adjust the steering sensitivity if you are finding the default to not be the correct fit for you.
- For more advanced settings, you can head into the Driver Assists menu and turn on and off these assists based on how it affects your performance.
- Once you've got the controls down, it's time to race! When you start the game for the first time, you will automatically be placed in a race where you can learn the proper control fit for you. Feel free to change as needed.
- The on-screen graphics show your speed in MPH, race position, lap time and lap number. These are mostly irrelevant to the race but you should glance at your race position once in a while to see how you're doing.
- Once you complete the first race, you can start racing in tournaments. The first series of events is called the "Pro/Am World Series".
- When you select an event series, you will then need to choose the event you wish to race in.
- After you've selected the event to race in, you will then need to choose your car. If this is your first real race, you will need to buy a car.
- On the car selection screen, you can see the stats of each car including the maximum miles per hour, acceleration time, distance to stop, class, and traction.
- When you've decided on the vehicle you wish to use for the race, you can then tap the "Buy" button. If you do not currently have enough funds, you can choose to purchase more money with real world money if you like.
- Once you've confirmed your purchase or selection, you will then be taken to the race.
- Now you will battle it out with the other opponents on the racetrack until you've finished the race. Try everything you can to get the highest position you can.
Post Race Options & Upgrading
- After you've completed a race, you will be given the option to Repair and Service your car.
- If you need to repair your car, you can tap on the Repair option to open a menu that you can tap on the various parts that need fixing. As long as you have enough cash on hand, you can repair the parts and move on.
- After a good amount of races with the same car, you can service it if needed. To service the car, tap on the Service option and then on any of the options such as Tires, Oil, Brakes, and Suspension.
- If you don't want to purchase a whole new car but still want to improve your rankings, you can choose to upgrade your car with new and improved parts.
- You can upgrade the engine, drivetrain, brakes, along with the tires & wheels.
- Once you decide you'd like a part upgraded, you can select it and then swipe through the different available upgrades.
- Tap on the cash number listed on the upgrade in order to purchase it and equip it on your car.
You have completed the quick start guide for Real Racing 3. With these tips and tricks, you should be making quick work of your online rivals in no time! Keep checking back with Gamezebo for more guides, plus reviews, previews, news and more about the games you love.