Game Introduction - Outernauts
Outernauts is a monster capturing/battling game with a side of exploration and planet building. Players will battle monsters, capture them, and train them up to battle other monsters, all while exploring the galaxy and unlocking new and unique planets to visit. Gamezebo’s quick start guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Outernauts is free to play.
- At the left top of the screen you will find your beast value, level and experience, and your energy balance.
- At the top right of the screen is your lunar balance, star gem balance, and fuel balance.
- At the bottom of the screen you will find your friends who also play the game.
- At the bottom right you will be able to access your star map, return to the active planet, view the game leaderboards, view and change player stats/avatar, view your beasts, and access the in game store.
- When you begin the game you will be on your home planet. Your home planet is yours to customize as you wish.
- To purchase items for your planet, click on the store button located at the bottom right of the screen. This will open the store menu. Click on the decorations tab to view the decorations you can currently purchase.
- To make a purchase, click on the buy button located under the item you wish to purchase.
- Place the item on a cleared area on your planet to finalize the purchase.
- In addition to purchasing decorations, you will also need to purchase buildings. These buildings allow you to feed your beasts, pump fuel, train your beasts, and craft items.
- The first item you will likely want to purchase is the fuel pump. Without fuel you will be unable to leave your home planet and explore the galaxy.
- Purchase and place a fuel pump on your planet. Click on the fuel pump to open the fuel pump menu. Here you will be able to select the amount of fuel you want to pump. The time it takes to pump the fuel depends on the amount of fuel you pump. Also, make sure you have enough lunars (coins) saved up to run your pump.
- Eventually you will want to have multiple pumps so that you have enough fuel at all times. For now, however, one should be plenty.
- Eventually you will need to expand your planet. Click on one of the round tiles floating next to your land to open the expansion menu.
- You will need to collect certain items to complete the expansion. These items can be found by clearing thick grass from planets, unlocking treasure chests, and completing quests.
- Once you have completed all the requirements you will be able to expand your planet.
Exploring the Galaxy
- Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with your home planet it’s time to open up your star map and explore the galaxy.
- Click on the star map button located at the bottom right of your screen. This will open the galaxy menu.
- At this point only a small section of the map will be unlocked. Click on the Forgotten Valley to travel there. If you do not have enough fuel to make the journey you can either wait for your fuel pumps to pump more fuel or you can purchase additional fuel using star gems.
- Once you land on the planet, wander around a little. Some areas will be blocked off by thick grass. Click on the thick grass to clear it away. Please note, that every action you take will use one energy point. Once you are out of energy you will need to wait for it to replenish or purchase a refill using star gems.
- As you wander around the planet you will notice that you are not alone. There are beasts roaming that land that will attack you if you get too close (and if you have enough energy to fight them. It costs three energy points to enter a battle). In addition to the beasts, you may run across the occasional NPC who will challenge you to a duel.
Battling & Capturing Beasts
- As you wander around it’s almost guaranteed that a beast will spot you and attack. You can also click on a beast to attack it.
- When you begin the game you will only have one beast to duel with. You will want to capture additional beast as soon as possible.
- Either wait for a beast to attack you or click on one to instigate a duel. This will open the battle screen.
- On the battle screen you will find your opponent’s beast’s stats as well as your own.
- You can have up to three beasts available to battle at one time (you can purchase additional slots using star gems).
- The game will automatically put your first available beast into the battle. You can change which beast is fighting by going to the bottom right of the screen and clicking on the beast you want to have fight for you.
- At the very bottom of the screen you will find your beasts skills along with how much stamina each skill costs. On the bottom right you will find the capture button, the flee button, and cure and attack items that you can purchase.
- To begin battling, select the skill you wish to use from your beasts available skills. Pay attention to the other beast. When you hover over certain skills the game will let you know if the beast is weak or strong to that specific attacks.
- Select the skill you wish to use to attack the other beast. If you are fighting more than one beast you will need to select which beast you want to attack.
- Once you’ve dropped your opponents hit points a bit, it’s time to attempt to capture it. Click on the capture button to open the capture menu.
- You have two options for making your capture. You can purchase a gravity orb (or use one that you already own) or you can use a super orb that can be purchased with star gems.
- Using the gravity orb does not guarantee a capture. You can see the percentage of likelihood in the capture menu. The lower the beast health point, the more likely you are to make the capture. Unfortunately, trying to get the health points extremely low runs the risk of accidentally ko’ing the beast.
- Using the super orb guarantees the capture will be successful no matter what the beasts hit points are at.
- If you are successful at capturing the beast it will be added to your available beast slots if you have any available.
- If you do not have any available slots you will still be able to capture the beast. You can swap it out with your current lineup by clicking on the beast button once you’ve exited the battle screen. At the bottom of the screen you can swap beasts in and out of your party.
- You can have three beasts in your party at one time and two in reserve. To have additional beasts you will need to purchase additional slots using star gems.
- Once you have completed a battle (either by capturing the beast(s) or by ko’ing them) each beast in your party (that is still alive) will receive experience. Once they’ve earned enough experience they will level up.
- At this point their stats will increase and you will also have the option of increasing their stats even further by using any star gems you have available.
- Sometimes, when a beast levels up, they will unlock a new skill. Each beast can have four skill equipped at one time. When you unlock a fifth skill you will have to choose to eliminate either the new skill or an already equipped skill. You will be able to unlock the discarded skill again at a later time.
Taking Care of Your Beasts
- After a battle is over you will want to heal and/or revive your beasts. You can either return to your home planet and wait for them to heal over time, or you can purchase healing items in the shop.
- The quickest way to purchase and use healing items is through the beast menu. Click on the beast button at the bottom right of the screen to open the beast menu.
- On the left side of the screen you will see one of your beasts. Directly below it is a button that allows you to buy and use items. Click this button to open up shop.
- There are various tabs here. Each tab allows you to treat a different ailment. On the left side of the screen you will receive a recommendation of the item you should purchase for the beast.
- From the shop you can purchase items to heal, revive, replenish stamina, cure status ailments, boost performance, and purchase new abilities.
- To purchase an item click the buy button. Once you’ve purchased an item you can immediately click the use button to treat your beast.
- Scroll through your beast to heal them all.
Visiting Friends & Dueling
- You can visit each of your friends planets once a day and perform various tasks to earn extra lunars, and items for upgrades and building.
- You can perform five actions at a friend’s planet including feeding their beasts, collecting fuel, and removing thick grass.
- You can also challenge your friend’s beasts to duels.
- Be sure to compare your beast value to your friend’s beast value before you challenge them to a duel. You don’t want your beasts to be completely overpowered.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Outernauts. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo!