Game Introduction - Noble Nutlings
Noble Nutlings is a time trial-based game where you try to complete levels as fast as possible. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play:
- Acceleration: In the bottom left of corner of the screen, you’ll see what looks like a fast forward button. This is your acceleration button and by pressing it, you’ll be propelled forward.
- Chili: In the bottom left hand of the screen is your speed boost, notated by chili. In addition to your acceleration, the chili will give you even more of a boost when you’re moving forward with your character.
- Timer: In Noble Nutlings, it is all about speed. Completing the levels as quick as possible is the name of the game. In the top right hand of the screen, you can have a quick snapshot of where you are in relation to the time it is taking you to complete the level.
- Reload: If you are having some issues with a level and you’re just not pleased with your run, you can in hit the reload button in the top left. This will send you back to the start of the level and give you a do-over on your run.
- Tilt: Another element of the control scheme is tilt using the accelerometer. As you tilt your device, it impacts how your cart is oriented. It is perhaps the most important element of the game. This is how you make sure that you are well prepared for the many peaks and valleys in the game. If you don’t like the tilt function, however, you can switch over to buttons.
- Stars: Each level have three different tiers for your star count in each run. Regardless of your time, if you complete the run, you get a star. It is impossible to not complete a level—you can crash as many times as you want. From there, as you can see, there are different time metrics that will determine how many stars that you will receive in each of your runs. From there, to progress in the game, you’ll have to get a certain number of stars to unlock a new set of levels.
- Leaderboards: You can connect your game to your Facebook account, which will allow you to see your friend’s times on each level.
- Coins: In the top right hand of the screen you can see your coin count. Within levels, you’ll get coins when you knock over obstacles and other characters. Each obstacle broken or monster hit will net you 5 to 15 coins. These coins can be used for various upgrades to your wheels and cart, and chili for boosts.
- Wheel Upgrades: In the above screenshot, you can see some of the available upgrades to your wheels. Note that the prices are listed for just one wheel. So, if you want both of the wheels of the option I’ve selected, it will cost you 800 coins.
- Wheel Options: As you can see, there are two attributes to the wheels. The top one is the time that it will likely get you. The bottom is the speed. Oddly enough, the time is actually very good and the speed is not (More on the “why” of this later).
- Cart Upgrades: Much like your wheels, you can also upgrade your cart body. The attributes where are balance and weight. Balance is very important in this game, as it will allow you to make sure your cart is angled correctly to get moving forward. Weight will determine how tough you will be in terms of going through obstacles, but more weight will also mean that you will be slower.
- Unicycle Levels: Every six levels will introduce a special unicycle level. There’s nothing really different about this from a systematic standpoint—it’s still just trying to finish the level as soon as possible. However, the unicycle is very hard to control and it is easy to have it fall over.
Tips and Tricks:
- Accumulate Coins: Make sure that you don’t purchase upgrades as quick as possible and get upgrades that don’t do a whole lot for you. Wait and hold onto your coins for a good set of wheels and a cart.
- Speed Isn’t Everything: Typically, you would want to go as fast as possible in this game. But sometimes, speed isn’t the fastest route. With more speed, you’re more likely to crash your cart and actually end up slowing you down. Slow and steady wins the race.
- Focus on Tilt: Tilt is the single most important aspect of this game. You have to make sure that when you are launched in the air on hills (which is a frequent occurrence), you are well prepared for the hill that is coming up next. Make sure that you are tilting your cart appropriately that when you land, you’re ready to move forward quickly.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Noble Nutlings! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!