Game Introduction - My Singing Monsters
My Singing Monsters developed by Big Blue Bubble Games allows you to build several amazing islands on which the monsters you purchase, breed, and raise each sing a particular part to what will become a fully orchestrated song once you add all of the monsters to an island. Build amazing structures to help your island, upgrade your castle to provide rooms for your monsters, and do whatever it takes to place them next to what makes them happy and they will pay you back big time in coins! Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
Getting Started/Basic Information
My Singing Monsters can be found by clicking on the “Play Now!” button at the top of this page.
- Push notifications – You will be asked if you would like the game to send you push notifications the first time you load the game. You can change the push notifications any time in the settings area of the menu or in the notification area of your device.
- Signing in – You will be given three options to sign into the game which are Facebook, Game Center, and Email address. Tap on the one you choose to use and know that you will be connected to any friends playing the game through Facebook if you choose it.
- Brief tutorial – There is a brief introductory tutorial seen only when you start the game the first time. It will help you learn how to purchase a monster from the market, place it, feed it, and learn how to make it happy. You will also be shown how to place structures and use them as well as use diamonds to speed up processes and complete quests. This guide will get you started by giving you a more detailed look at the game and will help you with strategies and tips to earn higher overall scores.
- To access the game settings menu tap on the button at the upper right corner of the game screen where you see the blue gear icon and the menu will appear. Here you can adjust the volume of the game music, mute the ambience, visit the credits and tap for a link to the game help site. You may also tap on this menu to adjust your push notifications.
- Coins –This is the basic game currency used to purchase items such as monsters, decorative items, structures, upgrades for structures for more room as well as to purchase food in the bakeries for your monsters. You will start the game with 1200 gold coins.
- Green Gems – This is the premium virtual currency that allows you to purchase privileges in the game such as instant completion of breeding, upgrading of structures, and to purchase premium monsters for your island. You are given 12 free gems when you start the game. Once you use them you can earn a few more by completing quests or by using the mine once you hit the correct level to unlock it. (Level 15)
- Purchasing additional currency – You have the ability to purchase additional coins or gems by tapping on “Market” and then on “Currency” from the menu at the lower right corner of the game screen. You will now see the purchase menu and you will use real currency to purchase gems or coins in bundles. (There is also an option to purchase large amounts of food here as well by tapping on the cupcake at the bottom of the screen.)The more you purchase the more you save overall. This is considered an in app purchase and will be charged to your device according to how you have set it up to do so.
- The cost of coins or gems is currently bundled from $.99 USD and up.
How to Place Monsters on your Island
- Tap on the “Market” button at the bottom right of the game screen. Choose “Monsters” from the menu.
- Use your fingertip to scroll left to right. Note that some monsters are sold for coins and some for gems. You may be able to breed several of the monsters that are typically purchased with gems.
- Tap on the monster you wish to purchase. The egg of the monster will immediately appear in the egg incubator at the far left.
- Tap on the egg to see how much time is left until it hatches. Either wait until it is mature, or use your gems to pay for instant completion. “Tap on “Speed Up” to do this. Once you see the hatch symbol overhead tap on it and then the menu will appear showing you what you have hatched and asking you if you want to “Place” or Sell’ the monster. You must have enough space in the castle to place monsters. The game will stop you if you don’t have enough space and you will have to upgrade the castle to add rooms before any more monsters can be added to the island. This applies to each island you own.
- If you choose to “Place” your monster you will be taken back to your island and you will see a green border under the monster or a red one if it is over anything it can’t stand on. Take your fingertip and move the monster until it is where you want it and you see a green grid under it. (You can remove trees that are in your way by tapping on them and then paying to have them removed.) Tap on the green “Confirm” arrow at the bottom right of the screen to lock in the monster to the location.
- Moving Monsters or Items – Tap on any item you want to move then tap on the “Move” button that appears along the bottom of the screen. You can also flip the direction of a monster using the “Flip” button if you choose.
- After you place a monster on the island it will begin to play music immediately synchronizing with the others to play a catchy tune. Each monster is responsible for an instrument or voice in the tune.
- You will learn what each monster does as you place it.
- Note – The only way to change the tune of the monster is if you have it placed or hatched on another island.
How to upgrade your Monster
- You can upgrade your monster by feeding it sweets from the bakery or that you have purchased from the market.
- Tap on the monster then tap on the cupcake icon to the far left once to feed it the amount shown over the cupcake once. You should try to get all of your monsters fed to at least level four if you can as that is when they are old enough to breed.
- Note – The higher up you level a monster the more coins it will earn for you overall and you will notice the monster gets physically bigger as it upgrades.
How to make a monster Happy
- Each monster has four or more items that will make it happy if placed directly next to it on the island. This could be a decorative island or another kind of monster.
- You will be able to see what makes a monster happy once you purchase an island other than the one you are on.
- You can then tap on the monster on any island and then on the “?” info button and it will show you the items that when placed next to the monster make him happy.
- Happy monsters produce the most amounts of coins for you especially when fully upgraded which also increases the amount of coins they collect.
- Tap on a monster and note to the far left there is a pink happiness indicator that shows how happy a monster is. Once you have a monster 100 percent happy the meter will fill up. Be sure not to move items away from the monster or it will go down.
- The “goals” icon is shown at the top left of the screen. If you see a number there this means you need to tap on the icon and collect rewards for completing goals.
- Goals are listed to help earn you gems, food, XP, and coins to help you further along in the game.
- Tap on the goal menu and read through them frequently. Once you complete a goal you must go into the menu and tap on “Collect” to add it to your scores.
- Follow the goals consistently to at least level 15 and you will do well.
- A new goal appears as soon as one is completed.
- Bakeries are the primary way that you earn food to feed and upgrade your monsters which causes them to become physically bigger and earn more coins for you.
- You will need to purchase bakeries from the “Structures” area of the market menu and place them on the island. Bakeries can be upgraded three times which is very expensive but it increases the number of food items you can choose to bake in it.
- How to bake – Tap on the bakery to bring up the menu and use your fingertip to scroll up and down the choices. Each item costs gold coins and has a wait time.
- Once you are finished waiting you will see an icon over the bakery. Tap on it to collect the food into the food meter at the top right of the game screen with the cupcake icon.
- Tap on the empty bakery again to start baking more treats for your monsters.
- Keep your monsters well fed so they will upgrade and become larger.
How to Breed Monsters
- Place a breeding den – You must purchase and place a breeding den on your island to breed new monsters. You may have one per island.
- Once you have the den placed tap on it to open the menu then tap on the heart icon “Breed” button to bring up the breed menu.
- Note – You can only breed monsters upgraded to level four or higher via feedings.
- Breeding Menu – Now you will see this two sided menu that has all of your breeding eligible monsters on it.
- Elements - This is very important! Each monster has one to four elements listed under it. You may see rocks, wind, snow, water, and plants under each monster’s description in the purchase menu and in the breeding menu.
- Note – It is critical that you do NOT breed two of the same elements. This will result in an unstable breeding and likely you will get one of the parents.
- For example breeding totally different elements will give you positive outcomes. If you breed a winter monster with an earth monster you will get a good result. Make sure you watch this carefully.
- Once you complete the breed menu the egg must develop in the breeding den. You can tap on it then on “Speed up” to see how much is time before you can move the egg to the incubator.
- Note – It appears the longer amount of time it takes to breed and incubate an egg the more valuable the monster is inside of it.
- You may use green gems at any time to bypass the waiting of the breeding time.
- Each island has an egg incubation area in place usually to the far right.
- After breeding you will see a heart icon over the egg. Tap on it and it moves into the incubation nursery.
- Now you will have to wait again for the egg to mature. Tap on the incubator then on “speed up” to see how much time is left”
- You may also pay with green gems to bypass the wait time of the incubation.
- Once you see a hatched egg icon over the egg you can tap on it and place the monster on your island or sell it if you prefer.
Collecting Funds from your Monsters
- Each monster earns money for you once it is placed on the island.
- If you feed your monster it will get bigger and give you overall more coins at intervals.
- If you also make your monster happy it will have a higher yield of gold coins for you.
- To collect coins simply tap on the monsters when you see the “$” symbol over the monster. This will add all of the coins to your total for immediate use.
- Collecting early – You can tap on any monster at any time and tap on the amount collected and collect it early. This is helpful if you are short on funds.
- As soon as you collect from a monster it immediately begins to collect coins for you again.
- Each island has a castle located at the top center of the screen.
- You will need to constantly upgrade this castle to increase the number of rooms in it.
- New monsters cannot be placed on the island unless they have a room in the castle.
- Tap on the castle and look for the upgrade button and once you pay you will have to wait for the upgrade to complete unless you choose to use gems for an instant upgrade which can be done by tapping on the “Speed up” button.
- Upgrading castles is very expensive but earns you a huge number of XP points which may cause you to level up more than one level once finished.
Additional Structures with Purpose
- There are a couple of structures you can place once you reach level 15 in the game.
- Mine – The mine is very expensive but once you place it you will earn two free gems every twenty four hours from the mine. Be sure to collect them each day so you don’t miss out.
- Time Machine – The time machine is found in the structures menu of the market and once placed on an island has the ability to slow down or speed up the speed of the music your monsters are making.
- Tap on the time machine and then tap on the “warp” button to the far left. Next, a slide bar appears. Move this to the right to speed them up and to the left to slow them down.
- It is kind of fun to speed up the songs and watch the monsters sing this way. It does not appear to increase coin production.
- There are currently two additional islands you can purchase and these are found in the market under the “Islands” option. An additional Island is expected to be added in October of 2012.
- Each island has its own musical track associated with it. You may have the same monsters as your original island but they will sing different parts on different islands.
- Once you have more than one island a map icon will appear at the bottom of the screen. This map helps you move from one island to another.
- Each island has an incubation nursery, a castle that needs to be upgraded, and you will need to purchase a breeding den for it and eventually mines for each island.
- You will be able to remove the trees and rocks from each of these islands which are a large XP builder and will help you level up fast.
- Be sure to collect funds from the monsters on all of your islands several times a day.
- Tap on the “Friends” button at the bottom of the game screen.
- If you have signed in with Facebook any friends also playing the game will be listed for you.
- Tap on their name and you may visit their island. There is currently nothing for you to do on their island other than look and listen to their monsters but this could change so be sure to check frequently.
- Random Player – You can also tap on “Random Player” and you will be taken to a random player’s island where you can look around. Tap on “back” to return to your island.
- Once you place a monster on an island all of its information becomes available and you can look up what to place around it to make it 100 percent happy.
- Be sure to follow the goals in the early levels as it helps you level up very fast.
- When breeding monsters you must have it upgraded to at least level four and be sure to note the elements of each monster when you mate them. For best results mate monsters with non-matching elements. If they match you will get the parent.
- The elements of a monster can be found in the purchase menu or under the information area. A monster can have one or up to four elements associated with it. These are wind, snow, rain, earth, and plants.
- Completing goals will earn you free food and help you level up fast.
- Level up all your monsters so they are breed eligible plus they earn more money for you the bigger and happier they are.
- Keep your bakeries upgraded and always cooking treats to feed your monster. You may also use real currency to buy very large amounts of food for your monsters which will help them level up very fast which means much higher coin payouts for you.
- Place the mine as soon as you can as it will earn you two free green gems every twenty four hours.
- Having multiple islands gives you additional breeding options. You cannot move monsters from island to island at this time. Try to keep the breeding den and incubation nursery filled at all times all while upgrading your castle so you have room to place them.
- Update your castles as soon as possible so you have a place to put your monsters once they hatch.
You have completed the basic quick start guide for My Singing Monsters by Big blue bubble games. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo.