Game Introduction - Men in Black 3
Welcome to the quick start guide for Men In Black 3, a new mobile game from Gameloft. Join Agent J and Agent K as they help you work to stop Radiant. Build the agency, fight aliens, and unlock new gadgets and weapons along the way. This guide will help you familiarize yourself with the game world and provide you with tips to successfully save the earth.
Quick Start Guide
Navigating the Screen
- At the top of the screen you will find your current credit balance, your t-pulse balance, your current energy, and your level and experience.
- At the top left corner of the screen is the task button. Tapping this will open a drop down menu where you will find all your current tasks.
- At the top right corner you will find the MIB button. Tapping this will drop down the toolbar. Here you will be able to time jump, visit the market, equip items, visit other players, edit the agency, and access the game options.
- Credit: Credits are the currency of Men In Black 3. Credits are used to build your headquarters, purchase weapons and vehicles, and heal yourself. Credits are earned from your shops, by completing tasks, and winning fights against the aliens roaming the streets.
- T-Pulse: T-pulse is the premium currency in Men In Black 3. T-pulses are used to purchase premium items, speed up training, purchasing unique weapons and vehicles, and quickly replenish energy. T-pulse can be purchased using cash. You also earn one each time you level up.
- Energy: Energy is used to perform actions such as collecting credits from shops, completing steps in tasks, and fighting aliens. By equipping certain vehicles you can increase your maximum energy. Once you run out of energy you will either need to wait for it to replenish or purchase energy using t-pulse.
- Experience: Performing actions and completing tasks will earn you experience. Once you earn enough experience you will level up and unlock new items and tasks.
- Tasks: You will receive numerous tasks as you play Men In Black 3. Completing tasks will earn you additional credits and experience. Tasks range from purchasing certain items for headquarters, to storyline tasks that involve investigating and fighting aliens.
- Agents: You will need to hire agents to assist you. You will also need to build training facilities to increase their stats. Certain tasks require you send your agent(s) on missions and those missions have certain requirements. You will need to be continually training your agents so that they can complete these missions successfully.
- Command Center: Your command center is where you can assign agents to tasks. Tap on the command center to bring up a list of available missions to send your agents on. Some missions require more than one agent. Once you assign an agent to a mission you will need to wait for the mission to be completed.
- Jump: Jumping allows you to travel through time. Select the location and time you wish to travel to and you will be taken there.
- Market: The market is where you can purchase items for headquarters. These include:
- Facilities: Build facilities to develop new equipment and to train your agents.
- Structures: Building additional structures such as locker rooms, allows you to hire additional agents.
- Shops: Shops create income for you to collect.
- Deco: Placing decorations near your shops will increase the income you can earn from them.
- Weapons: Weapons can be developed in your facilities but you can also purchase them in the market using t-pulses. Stronger weapons will help you defeat some of the tougher aliens you will run across.
- Gadgets: Gadgets can be developed in your facilities but you can also purchase them in the market using t-pulses. Gadgets can be equipped to assist you in fights. Items like grenades can damage multiple targets while items like the medicap 100 can heal you during a fight.
- Vehicles: Vehicles provide bonuses like additional equipment slots and additional energy reserves.
- Resources: Under the resources option you can purchase energy refills using t-pulses.
- Equipment: You can equip gadgets, vehicles, and weapons to give you an edge in fights. If you forget to equip them before you enter a fight you can equip them from the fight screen.
- Partner: If a battle becomes too hard and you’ve run out of healing items you can call on your partner to come help you once per day. You can call them from the fight screen and they will come to your aid.
- When the game begins you will have minimal facilities in your HQ. You will need to begin expanding and recruiting additional agents.
- To build another facility, tap on the MIB icon at the top right of the screen and select the market from the drop down menu.
- Early in the game you will want to build the armory, gadget workshop, infirmary and garage. Scroll down the menu on the left side of the screen until you reach facilities and then select one of these three.
- Tap on the one you wish to purchase to be taken back the HQ map.
- Tap and drag the facility to place it on the map. Once you are happy with its placement, tap on the checkmark to finalize the purchase.
- Now you can tap on your new facility to begin researching a new gadget, vehicle, or weapon.
- Once you have begun researching an item you will need to wait for research to complete before you can research another item at that facility.
- When research is completed there will be an icon above the facility. Tap on the facility to collect your item.
- Now you need to build some shops to bring in some credits.
- Return to the market and scroll down to the shops. Select the shop you wish to purchase and place it on your map.
- Once it is built, a shop will begin earning credits over time. When it’s time to collect your credits a credit icon will appear above the shop.
- Tap on the shop to collect your credits.
- To increase the revenue from your shops, you can purchase décor items and place them near your shops.
- Each décor item will raise the amount of revenue a shop earns by a percentage. The shop must be within the radius of the décor item though.
- Eventually you will need to expand your headquarters.
- To expand, double tap on an area outside your available space. This will allow you to purchase the additional space.
- You can make the purchase using either credits or t-pulses.
- Once you’ve purchased the new area you will need to clean it up by tapping on any debris that is scattered about.
- Now you are free to begin building in the new area.
Jumping Through Time
- Now that you’ve built up your headquarters a bit and hired a couple agents it’s time to travel to some new locations.
- Tap on the MIB button at the top right of the screen and select the jump button to open the time-jump menu.
- When you first begin the game you will be able to travel between Brooklyn in present day and 1969. More locations will open up as you progress.
- Some of your tasks will take you to these locations but you can also travel to them outside of the storyline as well.
- Select the location you wish to jump to. This will open the new location.
- You may wish to zoom-out initially to get a feel where everything is.
- You will notice sparkles on some buildings. You can tap on these locations and perform small tasks to earn extra credits and/or experience.
- You will also notice characters with weapon icons above their heads. These are aliens you can fight.
- If the weapon is glowing blue this is a non-task related fight. If the weapon is red, the fight is task related.
- Tap on the npc to begin the fight. Please see the section on fighting aliens for more information.
- Sometimes there will be other icons around the city. These are normally associated with a task that has been assigned for the area. These could require investigating buildings, wiping the memories of civilians, or simply purchasing an item from a roadside vendor.
- To quickly locate a task location you can open the task menu and tap on the task you are pursuing and choose to be taken to that location. If you do this from headquarters you will be taken to the general task location, if you do this a second time you will be taken directly to the task location.
- To return to headquarters, tap on the MIB button and select jump. You can then choose to return to headquarters.
- Many tasks will end with you fighting multiple alien beings.
- To begin a fight, look for the weapon icon above an npc on the city map.
- Tap on the npc and begin the fight.
- Fighting costs three energy points.
- Before you begin the fight you might wish to equip some items. Tap on the equip button to open the equip menu.
- You can change out your weapons, vehicles, gadgets, and other items here.
- Once you have equipped yourself, tap the x at the top right of the screen to return to the fight.
- You will be facing several aliens in the fight. You can see their health bar but you won’t have a real idea of how strong they are until they attack.
- Fighting is turn-based. Once you take a turn each alien will get a chance to attack you. Depending on their strength this could cause the fight to be over quite quickly.
- Thankfully, aliens you are fighting early on are not overly strong and you shouldn’t have much trouble beating them.
- As you level up the fights will get more difficult with some aliens being able to take out a quarter of your health bar in one go.
- It’s a good idea to have items like medicaps equipped for emergencies during battle. Using one of these will restore 100 health points to you.
- Learning what the various gadgets in the game do can be a lifesaver. Some of them will damage multiple targets at once; others can shield you from damage.
- Also make sure to upgrade your weapon. As you progress your enemies can not only deal more damage but they can take a lot more damage. Make sure you research new weapons early on.
- If you are facing a very difficult fight and it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to survive on your own you can call in your partner to help you out.
- Each partner can be called in once every 24 hours. After that they need to rest. However, they are significantly more powerful and deal quite a bit of damage. Use their help wisely.
- Once you have finished a fight it is likely that you will have taken some damage. You can either wait for your health to replenish or you can return to headquarters and visit the infirmary (if you have built one).
- In the infirmary you can pay to have your health replenished using credits. However, it is expensive so you may not want to do this every time. If you are planning to take a break from the game your health will replenish while you are away.
- Tapping on the infirmary also allows you to see your current health points. This is useful to do before you head off to fight as you cannot escape from a fight once it begins. There’s nothing quite like entering a fight only to find out you have only 40 health points and no medicaps.
- If you do run out of health during a fight you will lose the fight. You will need to return to headquarters and either wait to heal or visit the infirmary.
- As you progress in the game you will eventually be able to upgrade the infirmary so that you can earn your health back faster.
Congratulations! You have completed the quick start guide for Men In Black 3 by Gameloft. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.