Game Introduction - Kingdom Rush: Frontiers
Kingdom Rush: Frontiers is a tower defense game from Ironhide Game Studio, wherein you will need to build a strong army of diverse characters to defend against those that wish to thwart your plans. With upgrades, abilities, heroes and more, you will have a plethora of tools at your disposal. With Gamezebo’s quick start guide, we’ll give you all the tips, tricks and walkthroughs you’ll need to make sure those tools are put to good use.
Quick Start Guide
- To get started quickly, go ahead and click on the “Play Now” button at the top of this screen. The game will begin downloading and then install once you have purchased it.
- Once you start the game for the first time, you will be given the opportunity to start the game or view news updates. You can view the news updates from the title screen by tapping on the letter icon in the upper right corner. This will contain news concerning updates to the game as it releases.
- When you tap on the “Start” button, you will need to choose a save slot for the game you wish to play. This allows you to start over in a new game without losing the progress you have already made. This feature is especially useful if a friend wishes to play the game on your device.
- Once you’ve chosen, you will then need to pick your difficulty mode. Casual allows you to take less damage, have additional units, as well as take out enemies faster. Normal presents you with a decent challenge with harder enemies to defeat, and fewer advantages for you. Veteran difficulty should only be used by those that have played the game and already know how to play it well.
- Next, you will be taken to the map overview screen. Here, you can tap on “Start Here!” to be taken to the first mission within the game.
- A screen will pop up and you can review the mission’s goals here. You can also choose your game mode and difficulty if available. Once you’ve gone over the basics for the mission, you can tap on “To Battle” to begin.
- You will now be shown a short introduction, showing you the basic backstory surrounding the game’s plot. You just need to tap continue to keep moving.
How to Play
- The game will now begin and you can start placing towers to defend your base. Tap on any of the smaller circles shown on the map that have a flag sticking out of them.
- When you tap on one of those circles, you will be shown a small menu that allows you to choose from one of four options for that tower.
- You can choose from Arrows, Magic, Shielded Attackers, and Explosives.
- Arrows allows you to place a tower that shoots arrows at your enemies. Effective, but mainly due to the attack speed and not power.
- Magic shoots spells at enemies, stopping them in their tracks. Powerful, yet not as fast as the Arrows.
- Shielded Attackers allows you to place a hut that brings out a warrior and defends against any oncoming enemies. Effective in that it stops one enemy instantly, but weak to hordes.
- Explosives – Perhaps the most powerful tower of all shoots bombs at your oncoming enemies. Keep in mind however, that this tower has the slowest attack speed.
- Each one of these towers is effective in their own unique way. Certain enemies are weak or strong to different types of attacks, so you may need to try a few approaches before you land on the correct one.
- Placing a tower will also spend coins, so you will need to keep an eye on that counter in the upper left corner of the play screen. You’ll earn coins by defeating enemies.
- When you believe you are ready, or have run out of coins to spend on towers, go ahead and tap on the “Start Battle” button to begin playing. This will begin the battle immediately instead of having to wait for the enemies to come out on their own.
- When you begin playing, you may notice notifications that appear on the left side of the screen. You may tap on these notifications to receive more information about a specific item on the screen. These can be tips or general information.
- Enemies will begin to make their way across the screen, hell bent on destroying everything you have created in their path.
- At this point, you can use coins that you have earned while playing to beef up your towers or build new ones. To upgrade, tap on any one of your towers and then on the appropriate upgrade icon.
- As the game progresses, you’ll also be given the opportunity to use special abilities. These abilities can be found in the lower left corner of the screen. You can tap on any of them and they will be instantly used.
- One of the abilities is Reinforcements. When you tap on Reinforcements and then tap somewhere on the field, a few warriors will appear and help you take on enemies. You can use this ability every once in a while, as it recharges.
- Another ability is the Rain of Fire, which rains down a fiery blaze upon your enemies. Just tap on the area you want the fireballs to land and they will be dispatched appropriately.
- You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Kingdom Rush: Frontiers. Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments and much more here at Gamezebo!