Game Introduction - Jagged Alliance Online
Jagged Alliance Online is an adventure game developed by bitComposer Games and hosted on Gamigo. In this game you accept missions across the globe and will have to strategize and engage in tactical combat. Gamezebo's quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Jagged Alliance Online is free to play, barring any price changes or increases in cost, and can be played by clicking the "Play Now!" option at the top of this page.
- You will be asked to register with the game's publisher site. When you have created a username and a password, you will be taken to the log-in screen. Log in to get started on the game.
- When you start Jagged Alliance Online, you will be asked to name your company and choose your first mercenary. Hover your mouse over the icons to see what the different types of mercenaries are and choose which you think best fits your style.
Jagged Alliance Online basics
- Your Headquarters in Jagged Alliance Online is the place from where you can plan your game. From here, you can access your hospital, item shop, workshop, and more:
- When you're ready to get started, click on the globe to go to the world map, where you will see which missions are currently available.
- After signing the contract for a mission, you get to choose your mercenaries and, among some other info, you see the mission rewards and the requirements for mission achievements.
- Keep these achievements in mind while playing the level, as getting them will earn you a lot of extras! For instance, if there is an achievement to finish the mission in less than 30 turns, just try to go straight to your goal; you can always restart a level if you want to explore.
- Missions in Jagged Alliance Online are turn-based: you do the things you want in your turn, then the enemy gets to do what they want, then it's your turn again etc. For every turn, you have a certain amount of Action Points to spend (certain mercenaries have more to spend than others); when you run out, your turn is over.
- By right-clicking either on yourself ('position'), where you want to go ('walk') or your target ('attack'), you can choose different types of actions.
- The better the action, the more Action Points it will cost you. For instance, if you sneak, you will remain undetected by your enemies, but it will cost you more Action Points. If you take better aim, there is a better chance of hitting the enemy, but it will cost you more Action Points. It's all about weighing pro's and cons. The pro of a better action, versus the con of being able to do less in your turn.
- NOTE: If you have a few Action Points left but no action to spend it on, press the space bar to end your turn.
- TIP: If you have no Action Points left to do something significant, see if you have enough APs left to crouch. If you do, crouch, as it will make it harder for enemies to hit you.
- When moving from one place to another, you do not only want to remain undetected, but you also want to be somewhat save when an enemy does see you and fire at you. To look after your health, make sure you take cover at the end of your turn when you can. Between one and three shields near an object indicate how good a cover it is. A bright green shield means your whole body is covered, while a brown-green shield means you are only covered when you are crouched.
- You will not always immediately see all enemies that are in the area. If you want to keep a low profile, you can right-click three times for the 'look at'-icon. Choose this to reveal any enemies in that area.
- If you still get caught by enemies, you will be interrupted. This interruption, which means you stop at the point you noticed your enemy, gives you a chance to rethink your move now that you know where the enemy is. Will you move to a place with better cover? Do you still have enough Action Points to attack him?
- While workig your way through the levels, keep a look out for explosives, such as gas cans. A single shot at this (generally) easy target can do a lot of damage to nearby enemies. When aiming at an explosive, a red circle indicates the area that will be damaged by the explosion.
- When a mercenary, usually your main, levels up, you will be given body and weapon stat points to use on your skills. Figure out what most fits your style to use these extra's to your advantage.
You have completed the quick start guide for Jagged Alliance Online. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.