Game Introduction - Invincible Armada
Invincible Armada is a strategy game developed by Neowiz. Explore the seas of the Mediterranean, fight pirates and trade valuable items. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Invincible Armada is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you start Invincible Armada, Virgil will lead you through a tutorial to explain the basics of the game.
Invincible Armada basics
- Invincible Armada revolves around three basic gameplay elements: exploring, fighting and trading.
- You have a lot of freedom in choosing what to do, but if you’re ever lost on what to do next, simply check the mission icons on the side of your screen.
- When you need to go to a certain location, you can view the world map to see where they are in relation to you current location. Then simply start sailing in the right direction and you’re off!
- Once you’re out on sea, follow the dotted marked lines to keep going in the right direction.
- If your destination is not marked, simply check the world map to see which location is closest to it. For instance, when you travel from Pisa to Rome, you will not see a dotter route to Rome. But when you check the map, you can see that when you go to Palermo, which you do see marked, you will pass Rome on the way.
- TIP: if the location you need to visit is not shown on the map yet, simply check a real map to see where it should be. The locations in the game correspond to their real-life counterparts.
- Once you’ve safely arrived in a town, there are several places you can visit. Each town has one or a few buildings that are unique to it, which are often story-line related. Other places, such as the trading office or the tavern, you can visit in every town.
- While you’re out on the seas, at times you will find you’re not the only thing to be floating around on the sea. If you see fish (to sell), or chests, or anything out-of-the-ordinary, make sure to check it out and reap the rewards.
- Whether you’re fighting pirates, other players, or individuals you have a beef with, the battle basics are the same: just click on an enemy ship to attack it. The most important thing to remember is, you want to reduce the number of ships that are attacking you as quick as possible. So don’t deplete one ships health half-way, and then focus on another ships; when you’ve committed to attacking a ship, finish it before moving to the next.
- There are two different types of skills, and extra slots for each are unlocked at different levels. Combat skills are for instance ‘special attacks’ that do extra damage, or healing skills, which you have to activate in battle. Passive skills are skills that increase your statistics, such as a 5% increase in health, or a 3% increase in attack power. Passive skills are characteristics you always have (when the skill is equipped), and you don’t have to activate them.
- The difference between winning or losing a battle can be the use of combat skills. Each captain has their own skills. These are shown as icons at the bottom of your screen. You can activate these skills by either clicking on the icon, or by pressing the key on your keyboard that’s shown next to the icon.
- You can use a skill as often as you like, as long as you have skill-power left (the green bar, below your ship’s red health bar). After using a skill though, it will require some time to recharge.
- TIP: I like to use all my skills as soon as I enter battle. It takes some time to recharge, but it will be ready when you need it again, yet you still enjoy its advantage the first time around.
- If you want to look at the skills you have, or change them, it can be a bit confusing where to find the options, so here are the steps. Go to the ‘cargo’ icon at the bottom of your screen and click it. Then click on the ‘my information’ tab, and select ‘change skills’. If you want to change the skills of any of your other captains, select them in the ‘my information’ tab.
- If you want to make money, which you do, trading is the best way to get the money to upgrade your ship, expand your fleet or live wealthy. You will at times get trading missions, but trading is not just limited to that.
- You can buy whatever you want in any town, and sell it for a profit in a town where that item is much more expensive. When holding your mouse over an item, you can see the price range it sells for in different towns. You could chart whichever town pays what for which item, but if you don’t want to go through all that trouble, it is usually a good bet to buy something when it’s in the lower range (for instance, around 300 or less for sulfur), and sell it when it’s in the higher range (for instance, around 500 or more for sulfur).
- To illustrate this, I have compared the value of different items between Rome and Pisa (‘green items’ are items sold in that town). If for instance you wanted to make a profit, you could buy a sculpture in Rome for 448 gold, and sell it in Pisa for 709 gold. It’s that easy!
- If you want to see how much profit you can make by selling a certain item in the town you’re in, hold your mouse over the item to see in green (profit) or red (deficit) how much the difference is between what you paid for it, and what you can sell it for.
You have completed the quick start guide for Invincible Armada by Neowiz. Be sure to check back often for game updates, Staff and user reviews, user tips, forum comments, and much more here at Gamezebo.