Feb 25, 2013
User review by starrenz
This game had potential but it was just too badly done for words. Let me count the ways:
1) A line of text in the diary is cut off halfway.
2) After you put 1 eye in a statue, it shows as 2 eyes.
3) Random clicking on a puzzle near the end of the game caused a bug to appear, that later disappeared when I exited the scene and re-entered it.
4) Characters' speech doesn't match the subtitles given.
5) A sieve is shown on an interactive area, but upon zooming in, it is not there.
6) Some interactive areas become inactive after all actions there are performed, while others don't.
7) HOS - Many items failed to be "found" even after clicking on them multiple times, on different areas. Turns out that you have to click on a certain, tiny, specific area of it in order for it to register.
8) HOS - Some unrecognisable items.
9) Adventure component is ludicrous: E.g. You have an axe, saw, and pen knife, but MUST find a KNIFE in particular to cut certain objects. Many more similar examples. Total lack of logic in some cases.
10) On one of the puzzles, your character comments on the painting shown, but the puzzle pieces are scrambled, so how could he have seen what the painting depicted? Later on, he says "the pieces have become scrambled", when fact is they were scrambled from the very start.
11) On one of the puzzles, you must place "pins" to form digits. The pins can only be placed when they're the "right side up". But there is no way you can tell what the "right side up" is, because right/wrong side up look exactly the same. There is also a misleading pin already placed on the board that's there for absolutely no reason.
12) In some scenes, the game tries to depict movement. E.g. A crow exits a scene. This is shown as the bird being "cut and pasted" onto a different location on the scene. Think of holding a piece of cardboard and moving it from left to right. Ugh.
I was glad when this game ended. Horrible, horrible, horrible.