Game Introduction - Hotel Story
Hotel Story is a hotel management sim where you create rooms and amenities for your guests while simultaneously building the best hotel you can. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- To download the game, click the “Play Now” button at the top of this page.
- Once downloaded, click the “play” button
- That’s it! You’re ready to start the game!
How to Play
- World: The buildable world of your hotel is within the walled confines of the above screenshot. Within the walls you can place rooms and amenities like vending machines, bushes, pathways and so on. Once you have selected the item that you want to place, you can drag your finger around the world and there will be a checkmark to confirm your placement of the item.
- Coins: Coins are the base currency of Hotel Story. You will earn gold by tapping the gold coin icons over your rooms, vending machines and so on. Each of the gold earning buildings have an amount that they earn every certain number of minutes, and a maximum that they can hold. What this means is that while you can stay away from the game over night, if you stop coming in to check on your world, you’re not going to be greeted with a huge bounty if you stepped away for a while.
- Gems: Gems are the premium currency in Hotel Story. You can collect gems by completing quests, and of course, by forking over some of your real cash. Gems will help you purchase premium items in the shop and to speed up the building process.
- Build Time and Workers: Whenever you place a new item in your hotel, there will be a build time associated with it. It will vary from item to item, but generally, the more expensive, the more time consuming that it will take. Like previously stated, you can spend gems to speed up the process. The longer the build, the more gems that it will cost you to complete the building immediately. There is no option to cut down intervals of time—it’s all or nothing. You are always constrained by how many workers. You can check how many workers you have in the top left corner underneath your gems. Each project takes one worker. As you can see, I do not currently have a worker available. You can hire additional workers for 500 gems—not an insignificant sum.
- Quests: Quests are shown in the top left underneath the coins/gems. Most of the quests center on building new rooms or different amenities in the hotel. This is the best way to go about building your hotel. Use it as a guide to progressing through the game. The quests will also show you exactly where to find the item in the shop, so if you don’t want to look through the game’s shop menu for the item it wants you to build, it is a very easy way to get around that hassle.
- Upgrades: You can upgrade any building as well as your resort. Upgrading your building will increase their appeal, which will bring in more visitors, and increase the gold that they get per visit. Upgrading the resort will increase the size of your resort, as well as increase your gold carrying capacity. To increase any of your building’s level, just tap the building in the world and press the up arrow that pops up on screen.
- Items: Another way to increase the appeal and earning power of your rooms and amenities is by using items. You will earn items by visitors finding them and giving them to you and you can also buy them in the store. Items will typically make logical sense—a pillow will better increase the appeal for a room, soda will increase a vending machine, and so on.
- Tours: At the front desk of your hotel you can select one of your valets to bring quests on tours. The longer you send them out on tours, the more money that you will earn. It is advisable that you send them for the max amount of time (12 hours) to earn the most money with the least amount of thought.
- Playing With Friends: You can visit other people’s hotels by following them. Unfortunately, this isn’t the easiest process. The game doesn’t have Facebook integration for friends, so you will have to exchange IDs that is shown at the bottom of the above screenshot.
Tips and Tricks
- It’s a Grind: This game is all about how much time you want to spend, and in some instances, how much money you want to spend. You can certainly buy your way into success. From there, it’s simply following the quests, building your amenities out, collecting your gold and upgrading your buildings. From there, it’s about letting time build up your hotel so you can show off to your friends.
- Gems for Buildings: Use your gems on finishing your buildings quicker. The less time that your buildings are waiting to be upgraded or to be built, means more time that they will be used earning you money so you can make some more buildings and let the process snowball.
You have completed Gamezebo’s quick start guide for Hotel Story! You should be all set on your way to play your best game! Be sure to check back often for game updates, staff and user reviews, user tips, forums comments and much more here at Gamezebo!