Game Introduction - Hidden Shadows
Hidden Shadows is a hidden object game developed by Zynga, where players investigate crime scenes and find the culprits. Gamezebo’s quick start strategy guide will provide you with detailed images, tips, information, and hints on how to play your best game.
Quick Start Guide
- Hidden Shadows is free to play, and can be played by clicking the “Play Now!” option at the top of this page.
- When you start Hidden Shadows, Michael Adler will show you through a short tutorial to explain the basics of Hidden Shadows.
Hidden Shadows basics:
- Hidden Shadows is a hidden object game, which means that you will be presented with a scene where you need to find a number of hidden objects by clicking on them.
- One of the items in the scene is evidence. Although there is no clear indication to what it is, try and consider what sort of item can usually be evidence in a police case. The fewer clicks it takes you to find, the more Passion, Memory, and Fear you collect.
- TIP: If you’re replaying a level and there is no evidence, you can find secrets at the end of the level.
- Once you’ve found evidence, take it to the lab to get it examined.
- TIP: You need badges to get evidence examined. Play levels to earn more badges.
- TIP: You can speed up the examination with ‘Speed-Ups.’ Every Speed-Up takes 2 hours off the examination time.
- While the evidence is being examined, return to the last scene to talk to the victim’s spirit. After finding all but the last items, using the Spirit Lens will make the spirit appear.
- Find all the evidence to solve the case and put the victim’s spirit to ease.
- At times, among the evidence you will find a special tool. Like when you’re using the Spirit Lens, find all the other items in the scene first. Click and drag the tool to its place (like the key in the screenshot below) to finish the scene.
- For every turn you don’t take when trying to find the evidence, you earn Passion, Memory, and Fear. In the Spirit Lab, you can use these to create more aids, such as Speed-Ups and Hints.
- As you replay scenes, you will find you start to better remember the location of the various hidden objects in a scene. Take your time, and get to know the scenes to ultimately get to know the scene like the back of your pants.
- If you find objects in close succession, a combo counter at the top starts adding up. If you’re in doubt though, it is better to think about it for a few seconds, as clicking wrong will reset the counter.
- If you’re aiming for a fast high score, before you start clicking, quickly take in the first 6 items and click them as soon as possible. As new items appear, glance at them and click them for the fastest time possible.